A Thousand Suns

What are your guy’s feelings on “A Thousand Suns?” Some people have mentioned to me it was Linkin Parks worse album to date and they need to come back strong, but I really loved alot of the album…thoughts?

I loved the album. It was my least favorite of their albums so far, but I still loved it. Hybrid Theory will always remain my favorite though. But, A Thousand Suns, as a standalone album is absolutely amazing.

Got to agree, Hybrid Theory is so insane, never gets old. Too be honest Meteora is my all time favorite, it just kicks so much ass!

Their change of style in A Thousand Suns sort of caught me off guard at first but then the album grew on me and now I love it and I’m sure that Living Things will be even better.

A Thousand Suns is my favorite album, actually. I understand that it’s very far from albums like Hybrid Theory and Meteora - and that’s probably why a lot of people maybe didn’t like the album that much. But I just really enjoyed the various songs, especially The Catalyst, Blackout, When they Come for Me, Iridescent, Robot Boy and Waiting for the End, so I was in no way disappointed. :slight_smile:

I didn’t like it at first and was very disappointed when it came out but then I gave it another shot and I liked it. The order of albums from most favorite to least:

1. Meteora
  2. Hybrid Theory
  3. A Thousand Suns
  4. Minutes To Midnight

Well, ATS is my favorite album right after Meteora. To be, it’s pretty unique and it was challenging to make…love it. I believe it’s a masterpiece.

A Thousand Suns was Linkin parks most powerful album. They took a lot of criticism over it but they also went on a limb to sing music that they wanted to sing…not what a music label wanted them to sing.

1 Like

Although HT & Meteora are my favs, I was totally blown away by ATS. It’s so unique and different, catchy and incredibly well written, I love it, really love it! Now it seems as Living Things is going to be quite different too, so can’t wait for that! They always surprise us!

I love it :slight_smile: I can’t rate albums because they all are different and good in their own ways

At first i didnt like it but really listening to the lyrics and beats i fell in love as i did with all other albums. Its an amazing album!!! Excited to get my pre-order of LIVING THINGS and im sure it will be just as great or even better!!

ATS is amazing

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

not just saying that because im LP obsessed but also because
it has a good variety of different style in songs

enough rap, slow melodies, scream here and there
dj Joe beating the crap with his ninjaness

its really good
even though i think their first 2 albums are perfection too
i think ATS is definitely showing off their more mature look and attitude

1 Like

This is one of my favorite albums (next to Meteora) because it made me an official LP fan.
When ATS came out, my brother (who’s a “I miss the ‘old’ LP and won’t accept the ‘new’ LP” fan) got it via iTunes and told me it sucked and it wasn’t worth listening to (except for Iridescent and The Catalyst), and I (now regrettably) believed him. It wasn’t until a year later that I decided to listen to Waiting for the End to see if he was right or not. And oh how wrong he is…
I loved ATS because the songs are catchy and have awesome lyrics that helped me through a rough time.
And…yeah, it’s just amazing.

I hate The Catalyst. There, I said it.

But I really enjoy the rest of the album. I admire that they created it because they wanted to, not because it was what a bunch of hysterical fans wanted. Some people may view that as selfish, but I think doing the opposite would have been selfishness; creating an album that would shut up the “We want HT back, waaahhhh” people would have been a cop-out, and would make it look like they didn’t have the passion for music that they showed with ATS: an album that experimented and pushed boundaries.
EDIT
I just realized I’m really weird… because I absolutely LOVED Minutes to Midnight (I’m a “real, organic instruments as much as possible” girl), and I’ve never seen anyone who loves it as much as me. Most people are kinda “meh” about it. Oh well, more for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

this album is actually my second favorite of the 4 released albums. Meteora was my all time favorite, but i thought A Thousand Suns was great no matter how much people hate about it. its linkin park, its always gonna be good!

It’s my favourite album from LP.
Just awesome!
The whole album is a masterpiece!

I cant count the number of topics ive seen that are excatly like this lol.

It is their best album. Period.

[quote=Mohammed]I didn’t like it at first and was very disappointed when it came out but then I gave it another shot and I liked it. The order of albums from most favorite to least:

1. Meteora
  2. Hybrid Theory
  3. A Thousand Suns
  4. Minutes To Midnight[/quote]

I never understand why people don’t include Reanimation and Collision Course in ratings like this…

Collision course maybe cause its so short but Reanimation is one of my favorite albums…

[quote=Justin][quote=Mohammed]I didn’t like it at first and was very disappointed when it came out but then I gave it another shot and I liked it. The order of albums from most favorite to least:

1. Meteora
  2. Hybrid Theory
  3. A Thousand Suns
  4. Minutes To Midnight[/quote]

I never understand why people don’t include Reanimation and Collision Course in ratings like this…

Collision course maybe cause its so short but Reanimation is one of my favorite albums…[/quote]

Collision Course and Reanimation are remix albums so I don’t count them because they’re not studio albums. For me, I got bored fast when I listen to remixes

If I would include the remix albums, the first 3 would remain the same and then it’ll be: Reanimation or MTM (depends on the mood :P), Collision Course.