A Thousand Suns VS. Hybrid Theory

Hey guys , I just wanted to know some more opinions bout comparing HT and ATS ( If its possible to compare Linkin Park`s new one and their first one ) . To your minds : Did they improve their style / sound ect. ? Let me know ^^

Sometimes I find myself liking ATS way more than HT, sometimes the opposite. I can’t really tell. For sure, sound, style etc is different. Band’s tastes changed and they’re not little kids anymore. BUT Hybrid Theory will always be that album I’ll be coming back to when someone asks me to tell them the best record ever written or when I simply want to like fill up with adrenaline. A Thousand Suns in the other hand, is a masterpiece in my eyes and it means a lot to me in many ways, so it’ll always be the album I’ll come back to when I feel…well…when I have the need to let it all out and cry and all that.

[quote=EvoOba]Sometimes I find myself liking ATS way more than HT, sometimes the opposite. I can’t really tell. For sure, sound, style etc is different. Band’s tastes changed and they’re not little kids anymore. BUT Hybrid Theory will always be that album I’ll be coming back to when someone asks me to tell them the best record ever written or when I simply want to like fill up with adrenaline. A Thousand Suns in the other hand, is a masterpiece in my eyes and it means a lot to me in many ways, so it’ll always be the album I’ll come back to when I feel…well…when I have the need to let it all out and cry and all that.
[/quote]
Agree ATS is my album when I need some encouragement when I need to cry its MTM and when I need to power myself of HT

I love both albums but I can’t compare them. They’re too different for being compared. HT has got special place in my heart because it was their first album. But ATS has got more special for me songs like Blackout or Waiting For The End.

its hard to say if the word ‘‘improved’’ should apply to LP as a band and music artists

because, they just did what they thought was good, right and what they love
all these years. thats what make all their albums so unique. they put their mind and soul in it
in each album

i do have a favorite album but then again its really hard to say it out loud because i love each album the same

both CDs ; ATS and HT are really really really (and imagine i type really for another 100000 times :D) good
that theres a difference between music style is obvious, but it doesnt make me love the band less , neither the albums
because i love them both, all of their songs

… even though these 2 CDs got somewhat a different style
all the songs , from both CDs, do got things in common;

• both CDs were made by 6 human beings with a great soul and heart. you can hear that all back in every single song

• both CDs got lots of variety of different songs which makes the albums very interesting and beautiful in my opinion(same for the other albums btw)

and i could go and on and on
really, no way someone is ever gonna get out of me that one of their CDs is less than the other
not possible (:

I don’t know if they can be compared. Both albums are so different. HT will always be special for me because that’s the music I fell in love with but ATS has so many great aspects to it as well and it is very artistic.

Ah… The never-ending question.

Well, let it be known that Hybrid Theory in the 2000s is just like A Thousand Suns in the 2010s, a sound that was new in their own era. Now, albums like Hybrid Theory are everywhere and 7-10 years from now, albums like A Thousand Suns would be everywhere.

I would like to say my favourite album is Minutes To Midnight though.

Personally, ATS is my favourite album ever. But I think hybrid theory had better individual songs. ATS feels more complete as a total album

I cannot decide because each album is on his own way my favourite

You can not compare those two albums …
its like comparing a car and a plane.

First of all, Hybrid Theory was made in 2000 with its debut in fall 2000. ATS like 10 years later. The boys changed, the music changed and i really really understand when they say that they don’t want to make another Hybrid Theory / Meteora because it was done before (by them).

Sometimes I’m more in the Hybrid Theory era time and listen to this album alot.
Sometimes i spent hours listening to A Thousand Suns because its so awesome!

I love each album from Linkin Park!
It depends on what kinda music i want to listen to at the moment, more the hard stuff or the quiter songs.
I mean okay, Hybrid Theory made LP really big and it has / had tons of fans - but times changed. You aren’t the same person with same taste like you were 10 years ago.

I like ATS, but Hybrid Theory is still my favorite.

Hola Darling Dudes & Dolls,
I feel HT to be more of a human capsule of emotions that is discovered, grasped & to be handled. ATS in my eyes is extremely spiritual, beyond the human form and surpasses the mind…in my personal opinion of course :). Both are masterpiece’s in there own way and even though HT is older, it still grows (if that makes any sense to ya’ll, as it does to me)…

Honestly, sometimes i don’t think you can compare ATS and HT because you’re comparing different things.
It’s kind of like saying which orange is sweeter if you have a lemon in one had and an orange in the other, it’s an unfair comparison. but then again, why would you consider a lemon an orange???
Anyway, it also heavily depends on someones opinion as well I guess… which is what you’re looking for… So, in my opinion, I can’t chose. I like them both, for different reasons and their isn’t a reason I don’t like either of the albums.
It’s a tie for me.

You cannot compare HT with ATS. HT was a small dose of what LP was to become, ATS reminds me more of NIN’s The Downward Spiral in which people didn’t know what to make of it (some people loved it, others didn’t like it at all but it was a risk that Trent Reznor took!). Only years later did people embrace it more (including myself).

In a situation I would say they are too very different styles of Music. When I listened to Hybrid Theory the 1st time I was a teenager, I felt the way that they sang in there songs and well I can relate to some songs on the album. There music has evolved and matured to a different aspect and I feel that I have matured along with there music into the person I am today. Minutes to Midnight was a complete turning point for LP when they started experimenting with different styles of music. A Thousand Suns just complimented and enhanced the idea even more. I love both albums from there certain perspectives and as some stated just cannot compare one to another.

[quote=Woco21]In a situation I would say they are too very different styles of Music. When I listened to Hybrid Theory the 1st time I was a teenager, I felt the way that they sang in there songs and well I can relate to some songs on the album. There music has evolved and matured to a different aspect and I feel that I have matured along with there music into the person I am today. Minutes to Midnight was a complete turning point for LP when they started experimenting with different styles of music. A Thousand Suns just complimented and enhanced the idea even more. I love both albums from there certain perspectives and as some stated just cannot compare one to another.

Both are amazing…first i do not really waht to think about ATS but after i listen to it, i loved it more and more…
HT is just classic, for me the best…because it was the reasoni´m a fan of these great amazing band!!![cool]

Every album have great singles

They’re both very good albums and I like them a lot. Btw, I love all LP songs. You can’t compare HT and ATS, because the music is different. I don’t know, what their new album is going to sound like (I’m too anxious to hear it). Linkin Park love to take risks and this is one of the reasons, why I love them. Whatever these guys do, I’m always here supporting them.