A Thousand Suns VS. Hybrid Theory

I think that to answer this question you have to look at it in two ways. Hybrid Theory can easily be judged as a great album simply by the success of it’s singles, and when compared to A Thousand Suns it clearly holds the edge. However, if you approach an album as a collection of like minded songs geared towards the telling of a common narrative then A Thousand Suns can easily be considered the superior entry. When I listen to Hybrid Theory I find myself skipping songs here and there, whereas when A Thousand Suns is playing I have no qualms about hearing it in its entirety. Hybrid Theory has better songs but as a working whole A Thousand Suns is more complete.

Both are awesome

Apples and oranges; you can’t compare them. They’re both amazing albums. though. In different ways.

Please god no, this will only create tentions. They are just too different, they cannot be compared or be pitted against one other.

Both these albums have the same brand new energy that the other 2 don’t ,I feel like these 2 albums connected with each other the most .They were big steps for Linkin Park with their new sounds.I say they did improve big time on their style, showing what else they can do besides making a HT(3) .

A way you can compare these albums is only in different realities. Think if times were Linkin Park came out in 2010 with ATS as their first cd, It would probably be everyone’s favorite then would HT would come along and be less popular. Chester said “Its all about timing, when we release something.” Maybe Mike said that either way their right.

Well said Mr. Noname. I agree, although I rarely skip songs.
I guess, it’s like most people said here: You can’t compare these two albums. For me, it depends on my moods, wich one I like temporarily more. But finally I (maybe) like ATS more. It is more diversified. And it uses elements, that are… don’t now to describe. I would say it uses kinda fresh elements. Look at the drum parts at When The Come For Me for example, or the positive spirit of Waiting In The End.

2 completely different albums, and good in their own way. I prefer HT and consider it the greatest album ever made :stuck_out_tongue: although ATS is very captivating and soothing