A novel triggered by the deaths of Chester and Chris

Guys, please ignore my post about the novel. We cannot speak about a good reception of a novel when the novel is not read. And I never said that sex was essential in literature, but I said that if on reads Aristophanes or Boccaccio will be shocked of the sex scenes in there, so it is part of literature and of human nature ever since we were created. Not to mention the 19th or 20th century. Sex is not essential in literature or music, but it is omnipresent. And to be overly simplistic, Freud reduces every issue to sex, although his theories are a bit shaky in the opinion of many. So… I apologize for hurting your feelings with sex scenes. THERE IS EXPLICIT CONTENT in the novel. This is the warning for others. However, my statement that this was triggered by the events of 2017, by the NU Metal music, by the Grunge of Nirvana, by the lyrics of LP, Audioslave, by those of Disturbed and so on is valid, but this can only be understood only after reading the entire novel, or at least 9-10 chapters. And yes, it contains 3-4 sex scenes, there is alcohol, drugs, child abuse, rape and so on. And yes, the main character is an alter ego of mine. So… I think that we are overly sensitive, and way too fake nowadays. We pretend to be touched by various things in the world, but we accept it only if that is put into a simple single sentence without, God forbid, saying any offensive word for anyone, which is pretty much impossible. And thus, all the substance is gone.
Thank you for your comments, and please ignore the novel. I wrote it to share the hero’s struggle with depression, drugs, alcohol, childhood issues and many more. I also wrote it for myself, to vent, and not hang myself in that period of time. Do not read it if you are disgusted by what happens in the life of an adult with issues, in the life of many adults in fact, but not many wish to express that.
I am on this forum out of a deep respect for Chester and LP, for the fact that they put into music and lyrics my feelings. The rest doesn’t matter.

:joy::joy::joy::rofl:

You got finally upset. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Please, keep on posting your chapters.
I’m still curious and will continue to read.

1 Like

No, dear Anna, I didn’t get upset. When I am closer to death then to birth, values get reevaluated, and being upset for a chat on a forum does not fit in my schedule. Trust me. You’ll see once you get older and every single day spent in futile arguments will be reasons for regrets.

I just interpreted your tone.
But I take it as you say. :slightly_smiling_face:

And I am older then you :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I will keep you posted via amazon - you can also take my email cpaine216@gmail.com to communicate - I read all the time and love to find new books!!! I think I am really going to like this book based on what I have read so far…

I will read it later this week, it caught my attention.

The author has disappeared. Hope he’ll be back with the next chapter.

Hi anomalia,
No, I am here, but I’ve been on a short holiday. Then I worked on promoting my novel, and writing something new. And I also work for money, to be able to survive until I will be able to sell some of my writing, which may be never, but it doesn’t matter, I do it for me.

Here is the friend’s link to Chapter 2: https://medium.com/@frank.anton/degeneration-x-chapter-2-3d511745be68?sk=676671aeba9a30c3a18b4ae7614e7b58.

2 Likes

Thank you, IronSoldier16!

1 Like

Hey :wave:
Thanks for sharing!
Really like it! :blush:
Pulls me in, let me laugh a lot and makes me curious how it will continues. :hugs:

@IronSoldier16’s new writing made me think of Chapter 3 in this thread…

The author has disappeared again :thinking:

1 Like