Your Perfect Linkin Park Mix CD

Thanks @okcrew I had it listed differently but it came out the way it was sent. and nice to meet you.

1 Like

My list is;

1. Given Up
  2. By Myself
  3. Forgotten
  4. Blackout
  5. Blackbirds
  6. Across the Line
  7. Somewhere I Belong
  8. High Voltage
  9. Shadow of the Day
  10. Burning in the Skies
  11. From the Inside
  12. Talking to Myself
  13. Wretches and Kings
  14. With You
  15. Guilty All the Same
  16. When They Come for Me
  17. Runaway
  18. No Roads Left
  19. Roads Untraveled
  20. A Line in the Sand

I tried to make it flow well - 80 mins exactly

3 Likes

This is amazing

I made myself another mix. The only rule I gave myself was that it had to start with Papercut and end with Sharp Edges. I call it “Paper Edges.” I also stuck with non-live versions only. It’s only about an hour long, it has something from every album, remix album, and soundtrack they’ve done in order of release date, and flows really well
Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 1.50.09 PM

2 Likes

Empty Spaces is definitely a must have, couldn’t imagine an album or playlist without it.

Ha It’s the intro to WTCFM. The vibe of ATS was little experimental segues like that and it actually did feel incomplete without it

1 Like

I love that you have one song from every album, that’s what you call committment! :metal: Paper Edges is a name worthy of the album. Good mix.

I’m going to call this mix tape “The Best of Linkin Park!”

1. Tinfoil
  2. One Step Closer
  3. Hit the Floor
  4. Rebellion
  5. Sessions
  6. Breaking The Habit
  7. Leave Out All The Rest
  8. P5hng Me A*wy
  9. Easier To Run (live LPU tour)
  10. Cure For The Itch
  11. H! Vltg3
  12. Dedicated
  13. Step Up
  14. Wake
  15. Blackbirds
  16. With You
  17. The Little Things Give You Away.
2 Likes

Oh hell yeah! Your whole tracklist feels like the perfect live show in addition to being an epic mix. Kicking off with Tinfoil is a sweet choice. It reminds me of the encores they did during the Living Things tour where they started off with Tinfoil leading into Faint. I really love how you include so many instrumentals too. The band is super underrated when it comes to those. H! Vltg3, Dedicated, and Step Up in a row is also a LOT of early Mike fire and I’m def here for it :fire:

1 Like

Yes, thank you! I selected Tinfoil because I wanted a dark and emotional intro. LT is an underrated album all round. The other instrumentals are really a celebration of Mr Hahn because his talent is definitely underrated. My Mike selection is purposely placed - when I believe Mike was at his best. I could have included Castle of Glass there too but didn’t want to overload the mix. A lot of Chester’s earlier sounds are my main choices. The emotion in his voice from HT and M still haunt me to this day. I don’t believe he ever sounded as real as he does in these albums. The ending is the most difficult choice. The Little Things Give You Away is one of their longest songs and also quite calming, so I felt it was a good choice.

This “game” is one of my favourites on here and I’ve used it on another forum because it’s great to see what other people would pick for their perfect LP mix! So thank you.

1 Like

100% agree on all counts (Joe, Mike, Chester). I love the “game” too. I’m actually a school therapist, and when some kids have a penchant for listening to music as a coping skill, I encourage them to make playlists (cuz they don’t know what Mix CDs are lol) with specific emotional or behavioral goals in mind for the mix. Sometimes I call it “Playlist Therapy” and it’s my personal favorite coping skill. It’s particularly fun in a forum like this where you can share thoughts with people who appreciate the same music as much as you. E.g. after seeing yours it made me want to include live stuff so I made a “Deluxe Edition” lolScreen Shot 2020-06-23 at 9.29.05 PM

1 Like

This is a genius idea! I still call them “mix tapes” but that’s showing my age. Loved my Walkman back in the day :laughing:

I’m liking all the live versions on your duluxe edition - Pushing Me Away is one of my favourite live songs. Actually, I only like the acoustic version of The Final Masquerade - not a fan of the original :scream:

3 Likes