Your least fav LP song:

Sorry i hate it in fact :wink:

I’m cool with that :grinning:

1 Like

Well, here in Italy when a song becomes very successful, you’ll be listening to that song 3 times a day for like 5 months. And when it was the time for CoG to get that popular, When i first discovered it I was like:“Wow, this is just beautiful!!” Now everytime I get the chance to listen to it I’m more like:“Please, STAHP” :joy: :joy:

Oh no :astonished: Ive never watched twilight, but the fact that they used ‘‘Leave out all the rest’’ makes it no better :confounded:

It was in the credits. LP songs have been used in other films, obviously Transformers, but I remember Powerless was the main credits song for Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. I’ve heard LP in other films too but I can’t name any off the top of my head.

I remember there were

Lost in the echo - Kokowääh 2 (German movie)
Figure.09 - S.W.A.T.
Given up - Crank 2

and maybe a few more that I don´t know :grin:

1 Like

Just found this list (It’s not up to date):
One Step Closer - Dracula 2000
Pushing Me Away - Valentine
Papercut - The One
Session - The Matrix Reloaded
Figure .09 - S.W.A.T.
Numb/Encore - Miami Vice (technically it’s Linkin Park & Jay-Z…but still LP)
What I’ve Done - Transformers
Cure for the Itch - Step Up 2: The Streets
Leave Out All The Rest - Twilight
Given Up - Crank 2: High Voltage
New Divide - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Also, just remembered about the Breaking the habit demo on LPU14, Mike’s vocals are terrible on there for some reason :confused:

I agree that that wasn’t Mike’s best vocal performance ever on the BTH demo. What I do like about it is that you can hear the emotion in his voice [to some it can be quite dificult to sing in tune when they’re crying]. At least, that’s what I imagine is the case why he sings so off key in the demo.

It also gave, to me, clarity to why LP was in need of another singer. Mike was a good rapper when the band started up, but his singing voice wasn’t that impressive, to be honest. He has grown a lot since then, though.

I think you’re getting mixed up, Chester was the one who couldn’t sing it without crying.

Definitely, No roads left is proof of that.

1 Like

Yeah because back then Mike wasn’t singing at all. His voice was awful… he just did it for recording purposes to play it for the band. He’s grown a lot since and I’m glad he’s not afraid to sing now.

1 Like

Yeah, Chester got quite emotional for obvious reasons and couldnt sing it without crying. But Mike wrote the song though, for his friend. That too can be bring up emotions… It might even have caused Mike to cry…

It’s a theory though, neither of us were there in the studio when Mike recorded it, so we may never know if it was just Mike’s talent to sing like a dying crow or if the floodgates had opened up while recording.

1 Like

Crawling. Good lord what an awful song. Why everyone loves it I will never understand. Other LP songs I dislike are One Step Closer, (cmon the writing is awful on it), Cure for the Itch, and…I think thats it quite frankly. Every other song they have is flawless IMO, especially MTM, ATS, LT and THP. I know lots of people hate Skin to Bone for some reason but I think its a good track; the instrumentals are really neat, the lyrics are simple yes but they paint a nice picture and the metaphor for the decay of something with “skin to bone, steel to rust” is actually pretty damn neat! :smiley:

1 Like

Even Chester hates it. However, you can’t deny that live it’s bloody awesome. I’ve never been to any concerts before but I’ve seen various clips and pieces of footage and the crowd goes insane every time they play it.

Also, I’d like to take a moment and say that Chester’s hair looks terrible in that video.

1 Like

I don’t much care for most of Recharged, especially Rick’s “Reboot” of A Light That Never Comes. Other than that I can’t really think of anything else I really dislike, aside from A Thousand Suns excessive use of interlude tracks

Also Give Me Your Name. Not exactly Linkin Park, but I really don’t like it

I dont hate Them but until Its gone and what i’ve done and some of the songs from recharged

Just the hair? What are those shoes he got? :joy:
Anyway sick performance here. Goosebumps are real. And even my favorite version of the song!

1 Like

Give Me Your Name is so cute tho xD

Idk im a cheesy romantic guy so I ADORE that song so much :joy: . Apparently Chester sang it at his and Talinda’s wedding which is adorable!

Lol, I didn’t notice those. And I thought I had a bad fashion sense. He’s a lot better now though.

Thank God he is ahahah