You know you're a Linkin Park fanatic if

No I didn’t, I kept quiet to stop the conflict. The math is clearly wrong. :joy:

NOTE: I’m going by the standards of a megabyte and not a mebibyte (I.e. using 1000 as K and not 1024)

(100/0.000625) x 80 = 12,800,000 MB
= 12,800 GB
= 12.8 TB

Find me a 12.8 TB phone, hell find me a 12.8 TB desktop PC outside of an engineering lab or film studio (or other such place) and then we’ll talk about me getting ‘served’. :joy:

My best guess, given the sort of numbers I got above is that the phone’s capacity is 128GB. Thus…

(128x1000) / 80 = 625x10^-6 (which is what the initial number given was). Except that’s a ratio. Multiply by 100 to get a percentage. Therefore it’s only 0.0625% or 1/16.

Given the capacity of the phone and the mention of an iPhone 8, I’m going to guess it’s an iPhone 8. App thumbnails on an 8 are 120 x 120 px = 14.4 Kpx. 80M / 14.4K = ~5.56 KB/px. Obviously the actual thumbnail isn’t 80MB, we’re just working under the assumption that the defunct app is being kept for nothing but the thumbnail.

To put that into perspective, my dad’s DSLR (mid-range from what I understand) shoots 6016 x 4000 = ~24Mpx at about 12MB per frame (.jpg, not .raw). That means it’s 0.5 B/px. That’s about 11 times better.

Again, I didn’t get served. :joy:

Ask @jrtrussell to go over my math if you don’t believe me, he’s miles better than me. LOL

It’s funny how my jokes relating to this app always get misunderstood.

3 Likes

80MB (The LP App) / 128,000MB (128GB - Iphone 11) = .000625%

The math I’m using isn’t wrong.

Given that the average size of a picture is around 4-6MB, you’re looking at around 15 pictures give or take to equal the size of the app at 80 MB. Given that, I really don’t care if it’s application or a thumbnail since space is no issue here.

Also, just as an active spectator here, you are awfully defensive to be joking…

You’re missing a step, you need to multiply by 100.

My initial comment was a joke. But the further we got into it, the more my OCD took over. I am however defensive over my math ability. I’m not great, but I’m ok with this sort of stuff.

1 Like

Ok, I didn’t convert decimal to percent (Nor did I use Google as in the above screenshot) but the math I used to arrive at the decimal was correct.

What was your original “joke”? That 80MB is a lot of wasted space?

.000625 (Decimal) OR, thanks to your OCD, 0.06% (Percent). So did you go to this length to prove me …Right?

I’m an engineer, I don’t need Google either. How was I suppoed to show you where you went wrong when you thought that my initial calculations (not through Google) showing the exact same were wrong?

To get to a decimal value, yes. To then call a unitless ratio a percentage, no.

That 80MB is a bit much for a thumbnail.

I’m not sure you understand how math works.

I’m done arguing primary school level math.

1 Like

.:stuck_out_tongue:

Having fun? :innocent: :crazy_face:

1 Like

I was arguing meth, knot british. I speek gud british.

1 Like

Oh really? I’m glad I continued the conflict in that case.

Somebody do this! We need to serve this guy. :grin:

• Since you like pictures so much. That little line is the app (Did not use Google)

• Both the picture and the math I’m using continue to support why I wouldn’t bother removing the App or thumbnail from my phone…

• Jokes from engineers aren’t very funny…

It’s over. Please just let it pass so we can move on.

4 Likes

You know you’re a Linkin Park fanatic if you fight over minor things related to them :raised_hand: fanatical!

2 Likes

When you got 7GB of their songs and over 40GB of their videos and you name the folder as 1.Linkin Park so that it always shows up first in your collection. And took you years to collect them all…my preciousssss.

4 Likes

Aww! :slight_smile:

… if you agree with Mike, that Chester coulded be also the actor in Eminem’s music video ‘Stan’ :joy:

1 Like

My Math is the most superior

Check it out

x+y=23 find x
^
Found it :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

You know you’re a Linkin Park fanatic if when you hear the end of one song you know which song should play next in album order.

8 Likes

FB_IMG_1591687776487

12 Likes

I was actually watching a video yesterday and the person said “so the question must be asked.” And I immediately (almost by reflex) said “who can rock a rhyme like this?” :joy:

9 Likes

And my instant response to that would be “Like This!”

5 Likes

They had the Numb Journals which they removed. Anyone posted on those?