Write a piece of your favorite song and tell me why this is your favorite?

Mine is:

It’s true
The way I feel
Was promised by your face
The sound of your voice
Painted on my memories
Even if you’re not with me
I’m with you

Memories of an old love

I hope this well written, My English is not very good, i´m from Argentina
Greetings to all

“the clock ticks life away”

i dont know why i love that part so much but i do… once in awhile i will listen to a song and would have a favorite part of it. like from the song shimmer by fuel “she said that love is for fools who fall behind”

the weight of the world will give you the strenght to go

robot boy

one of the most amazing slow songs LP has ever written

like they wrote it for me or something
its just perfect

‘the hardest part of ending is starting again’ from waiting for the end
because change is the hardest thing ive ever had to do, and this gives me hope

When I feel down:

‘‘When life leaves us blind, love keeps up kind.’’

This should be a life philosophy hahaha

When I hate society:

‘‘I’m not a robot, I’m not a monkey, I will not dance even if the beat’s funky, opposite of lazy, far from a punk, y’all have to stop talking and start trying to catch up MOTHERFUCKA!’’

Song for people who are ‘‘underdogs’’, basically people we don’t expect… which is my case.

“It’s harder starting over
Than never to have changed”

• this lyric is for everyone who has ever been in a horrible situation but chose to stay in it because it was easier than standing up for themselves. This lyric is for everyone who has put themself second because it was easier to hurt themselves than someone else.

• ‘Blackbirds’ has so many speculated theories on what the song is about - mostly the band apologizing for MTM which I 100% disagree with - for me it’s about all the people who are consciously killing themselves both figuratively and literally by not taking action in their lives.

It’s my favorite lyric because I, along with 99% of the population, have been there. And I was getting ‘back what I gave’ during the entire situation - nothing.

[quote=Kristyne]“It’s harder starting over

• this lyric is for everyone who has ever been in a horrible situation but chose to stay in it because it was easier than standing up for themselves. This lyric is for everyone who has put themself second because it was easier to hurt themselves than someone else.

• ‘Blackbirds’ has so many speculated theories on what the song is about - mostly the band apologizing for MTM which I 100% disagree with - for me it’s about all the people who are consciously killing themselves both figuratively and literally by not taking action in their lives.

It’s my favorite lyric because I, along with 99% of the population, have been there. And I was getting ‘back what I gave’ during the entire situation - nothing.[/quote]

Very deep, it’s amazing what we can discuss when we understand LP in his songs, and in those lyrics that leave a great message.
Thanks Kristyne

[quote=Daniel Barrachina][quote=Kristyne]“It’s harder starting over

It’s my favorite lyric because I, along with 99% of the population, have been there. And I was getting ‘back what I gave’ during the entire situation - nothing.[/quote]

Very deep, it’s amazing what we can discuss when we understand LP in his songs, and in those lyrics that leave a great message.
Thanks Kristyne
[/quote]

:slight_smile: I love to reach deeper into songs and I find LP is a bottomless cove of lyrical meanings…another one that’s really deep to me is Castle of Glass - that one is intense!!

Looking everywhere only to find
That it’s
Not the way I had imagined it all in my mind
(So what am I?)
What do I have but negativity?
'Cause I can’t justify the way everyone is looking at me.
Nothing to lose
Nothing to gain, hollow and alone
And the fault is my own,
And the fault is my own

I want to heal,
I want to feel,
What I thought was never real
I want to let go of the pain I’ve held so long(erase all the pain 'till it’s gone.)
I want to heal,
I want to feel,
Like I’m close to something real
I want to find something I’ve wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

I will never know
myself until I do this on my own
And I will never feel,
Anything else until my wounds are healed
I will never be
Anything 'til I break away from me
And I will break away,
And find myself today

this fits me 100%
sometimes I feel an urge to go to a meadow with a giutar and amp and turn it to max volume for the first time and just play the song over, yelling the lyrics. The only problem is lack of outlets on a meadow :smiley:

When I started listening to LP I liked the music, and as I learn english and grow up lyrics suddenly get a meaning. Two years ago I thought Most LP songs didn’t have a particular meaning. Now with time music becomes even more epic < 3

[quote=Daniel Barrachina]Mine is:

IIt’s true
The way I feel
Was promised by your face
The sound of your voice
Painted on my memories
Even if you’re not with me
I’m with you

Memories of an old love[/quote]
Same here

I could quote all of Waiting for the End, my favorite song, but I’ll just quote two parts. And one from Roads Untraveled, my second favorite song.

I know what it takes to move on
I know how it feels to lie
All I wanna do is trade this life for something new
Holding onto what I haven’t got.

When I first listened to this song, I was going through depression, and the chorus was exactly what I was thinking, especially “All I wanna do is trade this life for something new”.

I thought it felt right but that right was wrong.
and
May your love never end
And if you need a friend
There’s a seat here alongside me

The above two lyrics made me believe in (sounds cheesy, but) the power of friendship since in the past I’ve had problems with the concept of friends.

And just one more that’s been stuck on my mind for a while…

The clock ticks life away
It’s so unreal

Made me realize that life does go by pretty fast. Something happens and then it feels like it was forever ago.