Work In Progress: Making my first EP

you mean ‘Sick’? That one won’t be part of this project. I’m starting fresh with new songs, I haven’t shared anything from this EP yet haha. Nonetheless, thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it!
Right now I’m actually thinking of teaming up with a vocalist to record those lyrics I posted 3 days ago

Ah, well Sick is a pretty cool track eitherway. Bringing in vocalists is a good idea!

1 Like

have you worked with any vocalists before?

I have a friend that I did some covers with, but that’s it. He recorded them himself everytime so I’ve never been a part of recording vocals really.

Yeah me neither. I tried to record vocals myself for the Final Masquerade cover I did with Riffs at Random, but that didn’t work haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

August 25 2017: The demos

These are the working titles of the demos that I’ve been developing:

Solid
Bananas
The Keys
Anything
Milky Way
Ascension
Wood

Most tracks are coming along pretty nicely, Milky Way and Wood in particular. Milky Way sounds quite ambient and influenced by post-rock, while Wood is very experimental as of now: imagine tribal drums, cellos and crazy synths playing at the same time. So the styles of the demos do vary. Nonetheless I want to make sure that they borrow elements from each other and flow nicely after one another.

In the coming weeks I’ll share some sounds or clips with you guys. Thanks again for the support so far! I’m glad that you’re all interested in this project :grinning:

7 Likes

Wow dude… You have a nice full set… Did you just connected the keyboard with your laptop?
I am reall excited to hear the music!! :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah that’s my setup :smiley: I connect the keyboard to my laptop so I can play the virtual instruments. I also connect it to that small red device next to my laptop (audio interface), so I can record myself playing the keyboard.

5 Likes

I’m listening as I type. So far so good. Totally awesome music.

1 Like

Ohhh
Rick, i should be so lucky
You’re making such incredible things…

1 Like

Thank you so much for your support and kind comments! You and @NickGr both. It really means a lot to me. Stay tuned :wink:

1 Like

Hey @rickvanmeijel how is the progress going?

I am very eager to listen to it. Dont hurry take your time. I am eager as well patient too. It’s good to have a music artist here :slight_smile:

It’s going well! I’ve been working on it a lot lately, though it’s definitely not finished any time soon. I’ll post another update this weekend

3 Likes

Yeah… It’s good to have updates. Thnx for the reply brother! :wink:

1 Like

September 3 2017: Keyboard and drums
While figuring out a chord progression on my keyboard, I came up with this arpeggio-style melody that is really fun to play. Enjoy this first clip!

This chord progression is one of my favorites because it sounds a bit unusual. Ever since I started I’ve been making sure that they are interesting and fun for all of the demos, but more on this topic later :grin:

9 Likes

Love it! I really can’t wait to hear what you do with this!

Thank you AJ!

1 Like

That was soooo nice. You play keyboard soo well! Now i am curious for the song!! :smiley:

Thanks! I’m not that good though, I’ve been learning how to play keyboard by myself for three years now. Online tutorials help a lot haha

1 Like

Wow thats nice… did you take from udemy?