Work In Progress: Making my first EP

Wow dude… You have a nice full set… Did you just connected the keyboard with your laptop?
I am reall excited to hear the music!! :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah that’s my setup :smiley: I connect the keyboard to my laptop so I can play the virtual instruments. I also connect it to that small red device next to my laptop (audio interface), so I can record myself playing the keyboard.

5 Likes

I’m listening as I type. So far so good. Totally awesome music.

1 Like

Ohhh
Rick, i should be so lucky
You’re making such incredible things…

1 Like

Thank you so much for your support and kind comments! You and @NickGr both. It really means a lot to me. Stay tuned :wink:

1 Like

Hey @rickvanmeijel how is the progress going?

I am very eager to listen to it. Dont hurry take your time. I am eager as well patient too. It’s good to have a music artist here :slight_smile:

It’s going well! I’ve been working on it a lot lately, though it’s definitely not finished any time soon. I’ll post another update this weekend

3 Likes

Yeah… It’s good to have updates. Thnx for the reply brother! :wink:

1 Like

September 3 2017: Keyboard and drums
While figuring out a chord progression on my keyboard, I came up with this arpeggio-style melody that is really fun to play. Enjoy this first clip!

This chord progression is one of my favorites because it sounds a bit unusual. Ever since I started I’ve been making sure that they are interesting and fun for all of the demos, but more on this topic later :grin:

9 Likes

Love it! I really can’t wait to hear what you do with this!

Thank you AJ!

1 Like

That was soooo nice. You play keyboard soo well! Now i am curious for the song!! :smiley:

Thanks! I’m not that good though, I’ve been learning how to play keyboard by myself for three years now. Online tutorials help a lot haha

1 Like

Wow thats nice… did you take from udemy?

No, I learned by playing along to tutorials on YouTube, reading about music theory and practising - a lot! :smile:

2 Likes

Wow you have nice grasping capcity. You really get the things faster without classes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say faster, but I indeed have no problem with learning things on my own

1 Like

You know, your beat is funky Rick, you have rythm… just amazing @rickvanmeijel and the way you present and share the making of your song with us is just badass - :notes: very nice my friend :raised_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I prefer self learning a lot of the time too but I don’t have the patience or motivation for a musical instrument.

1 Like