When and where?

@the_termin8r Yeap. Was happy to see some people, others not so much.

@samuel_the_leader The a/c is what keeps me going. Though, it was kind of ok today, 35 or so and a bit windy.

Lots of horizontal clouds in the night sky, but then again, you cannot see it.

Since you’re the sky expert, I expect a shot of the full moon tomorrow from you :stuck_out_tongue:

What if I told you I already did that last night, just that the moon was too low in the sky? (Barely peeking over the trees)

1 Like

We’re still weeks away from Autumn:

My wallpaper:

(If anyone wonder why some of my sky photos are of this colour, it’s because of the glass)

Found a spot under the shade over here

nice street chikin you have there.

That’s downtown Athens in Syntagma Square. It’s not as nice as it looks to be honest.

It seems a classical italian appetizer :grin:

1 Like

2 days ago:

The Other Night

Two moons? You on Mars?

1 Like

Nope 30 seks to

4 Likes

Just a while ago

4 Likes

I guess I’ll share a picture.

http://imgur.com/2SHQd3a

This is less than an hour ago at the lab where I work with a view out the window at other university buildings. I’m holding cuvettes that I just analyzed spectrophotometrically to monitor absorbance of dichlorophenolindophenol (DCPIP), which absorbs 600 nanometer light and as a result appears blue. It’s part of the studies I’ve been helping with to monitor the activity of enzymes which catalyze reactions that result in a quantifiable change in chemical species that absorb specific wavelengths (like the blue, oxidized form of DCPIP seen here). As can be planely seen by these four samples, enzymes from different specimens have varying activities (note the differing shades of blue)!

(Sorry for the chemistry jargon.)

4 Likes

I think I’m one of the only people who had even a vague idea about what you just said :stuck_out_tongue: Also I pictured Alaska to have snow, ice and penguins everywhere :laughing:

Also, yesterday:

1 Like