When and where?

3 Likes

From geography class a long time ago:

Surprisingly it still works

Sorry so blurry: (needed to compress gif to under 3MB)

The humidity increase was due to my breathing.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s quite nice actually, I only got a map of a small portion of West London.

Zoomed in on the display (same video):

For the altitude I calibrated at the normal atmospheric pressure of 1013.25mb.

What does a map have to do with this?

1 Like

It’s a beautiful sunny day out there

2 Likes

I was under the impression that you were given that from Geog class, all that they gave us was a map.

Accidentally touched the bulb to remove a hair:

The contrast is terrible, so I have to lit up the screen.

1 Like

Finished work early but I’m stuck there cause of the rain -.-

3 Likes

Why not just walk through it?

1 Like

Cause I didn’t have a jacket or a hoodie.

My new speedometer (my old phone), mounted with some ice lolly sticks :joy: It’s only a temporary addition so it should be ok.

2 Likes

2 Likes

So warm, so many mosquitoes:

1 Like

Apparently I topped out at 33 MPH today. That’s not bad considering the estimate (that doesn’t account for any external factors that may affect it) is about 38 MPH. Also I was on a relatively short (<100 m) and not so smooth path. If I wasn’t carrying the phone, had a fresh clutch and tyres and a good surface I could probably hit 36 MPH.

2 Likes

It’s so warm, it feels much warmer than this:

1 Like

Cut a powerslide really close today.

2 Likes

What powerslide where?

At least it’s not so hot today:

1 Like

With the RC, you can see where the rear tyres slid, I nearly hit the fence.

1 Like

No, I meant about the powerslide, what device is a powerslide?

Oh, a powerslide is the term used when you slide a car by going into a bend with no throttle and then flooring it half way into the bend to spin the rear wheels and kick the back out.

As opposed to a drift which involves pulling the handbrake briefly and then using throttle to slide. Except rc cars don’t have handbrakes and although my truck’s brakes mimic a handbrake (it uses the motor to brake and the car is RWD) it’s a lot harder that way. Also my truck isn’t meant to be slid.