What's your favorite Linkin Park's lyric?

Burn It Down

The cycle repeated
As explosions broke in the sky
All that I needed
Was the one thing I couldn’t find
And you were there at the turn
Waiting to let me know
We’re building it up
To break it back down
We’re building it up
To burn it down
We can’t wait
To burn it to the ground
The colors conflicted
As the flames climbed into the clouds.
I wanted to fix this
But couldn’t stop from tearing it down.
And you were there at the turn
Caught in the burning glow
And I was there at the turn
Waiting to let you know
We’re building it up
To break it back down
We’re building it up
To burn it down
We can’t wait
To burn it to the ground.

Awesome song, totally love it. :sunglasses:

I’m in love with Numb (which makes me discover LP) and Breaking the habit!

2 Likes

My favorite linkin park lyrics is
From one step closer
“I can’t take this anymore saying everything I’ve said before, all these words they make no sense I find bliss in ignorance” that is my favorite park

From lost in the echo
" In these promise broken/ Deep below
Each word gets lost in the echo"

I don’t to type more down but this are my favorite linkin park lyric i have more but not now :relaxed:

I’d have to say my favorite lyrics from the band are definitely in Waiting for The End. Just the way they can be interpreted to match almost any situation… If you want to know more of my thoughts, read my thread on my opinions on every Linkin Park album to date.

1 Like

@Im_Normal that cool I would love to hear more where can I see on the threads.:slight_smile:

All from the album A thousand suns

1 Like

Good choice… easily their best album lyrically.

1 Like

For me i love hybrid theory

:slight_smile: I’m a type that love old music

I don’t hate Hybrid Theory, but it definitely aged poorly compared to every album after that. Lyrically, that album is more often than not a trainwreck. Instrumentally, it’s a decent record with some standout moments. But overall I think the experimenting they would come to do later overshadows what they did on their first record. But don’t hate me, this is all an opinion. I respect your opinion, I just personally would chose to listen to Hybrid Theory long after every other Linkin Park album (other than Living Things).

1 Like

I respect that i really do but you have your opinion and i have mine.

I don’t hate you come on why would I :grin: everyone have their opinions right. It just that I grew up loving that album more than the other albums but don’t get me wrong I love the other album music but i don’t have that experience with it and that how I feel. I hope that you understand and don’t hate me for that.

I don’t hate anyone for having an opinion different than mine. I just have met so many people online who hate me for having an opinion that is different than theirs.

You told me yes
You held me high
And I believed when you told that lie
I played soldier, you played king
And struck me down, when I kissed that ring
You lost that right, to hold that crown
I built you up, but you let me down
So when you fall, I’ll take my turn
And fan the flames
As your blazes burn!!! :fire: :fire::fire:

3 Likes

I have to say though, I’ve always thought Leave Out All The Rest had some of the best lyrics I’ve ever heard. That is one of their best ballads ever made.

3 Likes

@Im_Normal Oh really why is that they should not hate you because you have your opinion that just mess up they need to realize that everyone has a opinion that they should not be judging about it that just wrong. In so many levels.

I’m sorry that I am getting to work up about it but I just can’t stand there and let some one do that to someone like that because they have their opinion…

1 Like

It’s fine, I’ve become used to it because of all the music communities I’ve been a part of. It’s actually kind of fun once you realize how many people can’t handle different opinions.

@framos1792 that is burning fire because I love that part of the song “Burning it Down” is my song. Don’t don’t get me wrong I love the other lyrics to.

1 Like

@Im_Normal oh really I have to listen to that song or album.

@Im_Normal Yeah that true and that people can’t handle the truth or the opinions

1 Like

You have got to listen to Minutes To Midnight in whole, but Leave Out All The Rest is gorgeous. Such a great melody, the guitars come alive in the chorus, and it shows Chester unleashing emotion full force with some of their best lyrics to date. Tells a great story. I fully reccomend it.