What Toots Your Horn?

I never thought I’d ever get to say something like this, but today I had lunch with a former NASA cheif engineer that worked on the Apollo missions that put man on the moon. It was bloody awesome.

11 Likes

Holy hell dude! That’s fantastic!
Super jelly! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: just wow!
Did the Russian cosmonaut that just passed yesterday come up? :exploding_head: I can’t remember his name :grimacing: first dude to walk in space per se

What was it about? :star_struck: do tell!

4 Likes

I didn’t even know that. If it came up, it was in the few mins that I wasn’t there as I had to leave half way through a lecture to make the lunch.

I’m on the committee of the robotics society and among a lot of things that we do, we invite guest speakers from various organizations and companies. We’ve been trying to get a hold of him since last year, but something would always crop up for him. He basically talked about his experience, the moon missions in a suprising amount of depth and NASA in general. It was verging on being a lecture, but I was glued. A good joke he made was that NASA stood for Never A Straight Answer based on all the acronyms that they had and that there was a book of them that was a couple of cm thick.

The talk was recorded on the uni system, I want to get a hold of it because I missed 30 mins while setting up refreshments for the interval (the 30 mins that I was most interested in when he talked about Apollo 13 lol). If it’s available for public viewing, I’ll post a link here.

The lunch was more casual as I was part of the greeting party with 2 or 3 other committee members (we’re all frineds) and a lecturer.

5 Likes

Heeeey that’d be awesome to hear! :grin:
Super happy for you :grin::partying_face:
I know who to go for for the hook up now :joy:

1 Like

That is really cool, and I am really happy for you

1 Like

Sounds awesome man, must have been a great experience!

1 Like

This is so awesome! Wooww what an experience! So happy for you @the_termin8r . I’m sorry you got to miss a part of it, but glad it was recorded

1 Like

That’s great to know !!!

1 Like
6 Likes

Lmao :joy:

1 Like

Here’s the NASA talk for those that are interested.

2 Likes

Holy mother of rage, they’re back!!!

6 Likes

So cool , thanks for sharing @rickvanmeijel

1 Like

Fun morning catching up with @evooba today. London is so much better when it’s quiet.

7 Likes

I second that! It was actually a really really good day!

4 Likes

feeling remarkably strong today :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Happy about this @Fravaco -

Aaaaand guuuuys :tada::tada:

:heart_eyes::heart::tada:

8 Likes

My 3D printer came in today. Annoyingly, I had to clear the huge pile of crap from my desk and rearrange my cupboard of dangerous chemicals. Lol

My desk went from looking like this:

To looking like this:

6 Likes

Congratulations on your 3D printer

And I am curious just how long your desk is going to be clean for lol

1 Like

Not very, I’ll probably start dumping stuff on it soon again as I pass by since I don’t have the time to work on anything, won’t need the space and can get away with having a mess. lol

1 Like