2 Likes

Well done @derek - I’m third :joy:

1 Like

So this is the thread for lyric-talks and something like that? :blush:

1 Like

Yes, was supposed to be- before it became the portal game vol. 2

cough cough :joy::joy:

@derek Thank you so much! :grinning:

@the_termin8r Don’t ruin this for me :roll_eyes: we share the same air, that should count for something! :laughing:

@framos1792 totally on topic. I think Clockwatch sounds really chilled and you can hear Mike in it. I think he must’ve had a lot of fun doing it, his first musical love. :heart:

Yes! Please post lyrics or any LP discussion :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@theearlywalker games have to be LP specific :laughing:

Long story short, we’re back, unofficially (time limit possible if nobody responds :pleading_face: !!!)

@HakManLP @drounzer @Linkineli @lplove @theearlywalker @anna834 @StephLP18 @anomalia @framos1792 @rickvanmeijel (sorry if I tagged you and you don’t want to join in) Just to get the ball rolling, really wanted to know your top 7 LP albums in order of preference. Mine would be:

#1. Hybrid Theory and Meteora (two sides of the same coin in my view - typical old school fan choice)
#2. Reanimation (sometimes I wanna put this at #1 !!! :metal: )
#3. Living Things (most heartfelt and poignant lyrically)
#4. The Hunting Party (I like this interpretation: “The title The Hunting Party is a contextual metaphor: Linkin Park is the party that is hunting to bring back the energy and soul of rock.” Rock on! :metal: )
#5. Minutes To Midnight (politically good - stick it to the man!)
#6. A Thousand Suns (mostly because of The Messenger, overall I’m still unsure about this album… particularly certain songs which seem anti-stuff)
#7. One More Light (I love/hate this album… so mixed feelings :confused: :broken_heart:).

8 Likes

Thp
LT
Rtr live at Milton Keynes
Omll
Ht
Cookies ep
Ats

And no worries @zanybelle - the portal game thread was a completely different story… this thread- once reopened ( whyever) won’t normally close again :+1:t2:

7 Likes

MTM(i find it soo amazing and genius,and how there are songs like Given up and LOATR immediately after each other,and that it came after HT and meteora was important so they were more experimental i think)
ATS(it’s beautiful,i love concept albums and Iridescent is one of my favourite favourite songs😁)
THP(just​:metal::metal:)
HT and meteora(as @zanybelle said,kind of two sides of the same coin; i listen more often to the other first albums i mentioned but when i need this music it’s just perfect,i think you all know what i mean)
Living things(i feel bad for putting this so low,but i mean rating the albums, the differences of how much i love one album more than the other is 0.01% and LP wasn’t LP without any of all their masterpieces ,so​:grin: also castle of glass and burn it down were the first songs i heard by them and how i became a fan,and burn it down was the first english song i could sing and rap every word along​:heart_eyes::muscle::joy:so LT always has a special place​:blue_heart:and as you also said, @zanybelle, lyrically so beautiful )
OML(i love it,but cannot always listen to it and i love the other albums more)
I am not sure about MTM before ATS,but yeah that’s my order so far
@theearlywalker i love that you named cookies ep :heart_eyes::joy::hugs:

4 Likes

LPU 12
LPU 10
LPU 9
LPU 14
ADU
Meteora
HT

4 Likes

@zanybelle @theearlywalker no Meteora? :sob: :broken_heart:

the 7 studio albums:

1. Meteora (4 ever my alltime favorite!!!)
  2. Hybrid Theory
  3. Minutes to Midnight
  4. The Hunting Party
  5. A thousand suns/Living things/One More light (they change so often the positions, but what they have in common: it took a longer time to love these ones 2010, 2012 and 2017)

the remix/collab albums:

1. Reanimation
  2. Collision Course
  3. Recharged (I don’t like this album!!!)

the live albums:

1. Live in Texas
  2. Road to Revolution
  3. One More Light live

Sideprojects:

1. Post Traumatic
  2. The Rising tied
  3. Out of ashes

I’m gonna put more text on these tomorrow, but I’m in a hurry

6 Likes

I’m not able to sort the albums out in order of preference, I’m afraid.
All I know is:

• Hybrid Theory and Meteora have a special place in my heart
  • I’ve got a problem with One More Light - the lyrics are fine, clear, mature… but no scream turned out to be silence forever
  • everything between the first album and the last one seems to be on the same level of preference to me.
3 Likes

Seriously? These over the other studio albums?

@zanybelle Thanks for the tag. I’ll just rank the studio albums, I’m not familiar enough with the rest. Then again I haven’t listened to most of LP’s albums in ages, so my list right now is based on how I currently remember them.

The Hunting Party
A Thousand Suns
Hybrid Theory
Living Things
Minutes to Midnight
One More Light
Meteora

6 Likes

Yes, most LPUs are better than the studios. ATS and Reanimation almost made the list. MTM and THP aren’t really on my radar despite being solid, Recharged and OML were shite. CC I don’t really count as an album, more a collab EP. Oh and I just remembered LT as I was checking the post for typos, so that should really say everything about that album. :joy:

1 Like

No way man! Some demos sound cool and promising but to rank them above the official releases? A disgrace! :joy:

Lol!

4 Likes

My list

Studio

Hybrid theory
Meteora
Minutes to midnight
The hunting party
A thousand suns
Living things
And my least favorite being one more light

Now to my top 3 of the non studios

1. Reanimation
  2. Road to Revolution
  3. Live in Texas

Least favorite Recharged

5 Likes

Meteora and Hybrid Theory are my favorite albums.
Songs from the Underground album, like that one to. :love_you_gesture:
Still my favorite song is Iridescent. Strong lyrics.

3 Likes

@theearlywalker glad to see someone else who rates LT so highly! I have to ask, why is Meteora missing?

Wow, that’s so impressive! You should record it for us - there’s a karaoke thread somewhere on the site :slightly_smiling_face:

Of course I have Meteora!!! It’s my #1 with HT, they have joint first place :laughing:

@HakManLP looking forward to hearing more about your favourites, I love the detail. Road To Revolution + Live in Texas would be my top live albums too.

@anomalia interesting take on the albums, although I would thought you’d love THP because lots of screams :wink:

@rickvanmeijel you should re-listen to some albums, actually really nice when you haven’t heard them in a while :slightly_smiling_face:

I really do think the majority of unreleased songs from albums are amazing. I would say ATS with Blackbirds makes it better (even though it was written for MTM).

Does that mean it’s on your top 7 list? :grinning:

@StephLP18 I love Reanimation! :heart:

@drounzer Finally, you’re here! Yay!!! Please do post your lyrics when you get a break from work on this thread? I love Iridescent (so uplifting). I’ve also got some lyrics already on my list I want to share with you all :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

No, it means it’s so forgettable that I only remembered it when I checked my post to see if I covered everything.

1 Like

Off course, screams are important but they must have a good context. :rofl: An album that consists of screams only would be unbearable I guess.
I really can’t say what album I like the most (if we consider Minutes to Midnight, A Thousand Suns, Living Things and The Hunting Party).

2 Likes

Thank you,also for the recommendation​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:but i don’t like my singing voice…I mean i am able to hit the right notes,but only because you can doesn’t mean you should​:joy:

1 Like