*Unofficial* Linkin Park thread

I knoww,i mean like even if they don’t like them,why do they have to share hate? Don’t they think about what they write and what an impact it might have for one second?? Especially for their kids&family. And also those supersmart ones,who tell everyone what the right thing for the band is to do now… and what’s right for mike especially.

:joy:
Unfortunately i found out about the forums way too late😔i would’ve loved to be here already for years! And i wish i was 5 or 10 years older,that i could’ve seen them live😕
But i am incredibly happy to be now here,and of course to be alive at the same time as them and to know them and the music. I can’t even imagine now, how dumb my life would be without Linkin Park…

Love this​:blush::heart:

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::blush::blush:thanks for those nice words​:hugs:
In my family, i am manipulating a bit,bc i always play lp songs on the piano,so my younger brother starts humming them unconsciously​:joy:and also my mum likes the melodies,she doesn’t like the original stuff only this acoustic thing(but slowly but surely she will like the real songs too!:muscle::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

That’s cool!!!:heart_eyes::metal:i think people should do more music suggestions in real life, i love to get told new songs to listen to!:blush:

Yeah,trust takes so long to build but can be destroyed so fast… it’s a thing to be careful with

Yeah,really smart words from you❤

4 Likes

Exactly this!
I have stopped reading any of this, since I’m here.

Sorry but muhahaha :joy: :joy: :rofl:
What should I say!!! I’m as old as Chester. Look what I have missed!

I really can recommend this topic

I’m digging there right now :laughing:

1 Like

That’s the age-old beauty of the Internet. Comments sections and (not this one specifically) message boards are great tools for trolls to pick each other apart while they hide behind their computer or their phone screens. Seemingly without a care in the world for the people they’re attacking.

5 Likes

FB_IMG_1579604600317

Happy Birthday Rob! :partying_face:

4 Likes

One of my alltime favorite Linkin Park songs and also tattooed on my right arm. I’ve got alsothe lyric picture and it’s my favorite part with
“I don’t need you anymore, don’t want to be ignored
I don’t need one more day, of you wasting me away
I don’t need you anymore, I don’t want to be ignored
I don’t need one more day, of you wasting me away
(With no apologies)” which follows the encore! This energy, this scream, this drum and bass play and also the guitar plays compared with Joe’s DJ skills - fantastic! :heart: :metal:t2: It’s a perfect song to get some negative feelings about an ex girlfriend/boyfriend or family member or friend from your chest and come to an end to move forward!

One of the best two versions are from ‘Live in Texas 2003’ - still confused, why this song wasn’t make it on the cd version :face_with_monocle: , also it was the opener for their setlist

and also the version from ‘Rock am Ring 2004’ - Don’t stay were the opener too

When do you start listening to Linkin Park?

Yes, after Linkin Park changed their style with Minutes to Midnight and even more with a Thousand suns, many trolls and haters were getting up. I’m honest with you all, I had my problems with ATS too, but sometimes a good album needs some time to get into you and also you need to grow uo (with this album for example).

I just can ‘say’ the same things - I love the connection and discussions here, bc I’m a Linkin Park ‘hardcore’ fan since almost 19 years and Linkin Park will be forever on my Top 3 number 1 bands. I like to get into the songs with all you! :heart: :pray:t2: This is what music about - Connection and feelings!

youtube community is so awful - I’ve got one of the top comments unter the ‘World’s on Fire’ video and two of these trolls discussed unter that comment, who’s the ‘better gangster’ which includes over hundreds comments :face_vomiting:

Do you mean the AMA’s incident, where Mike, Brad and Rob were ‘kicked out’ for a while?

That’s it and they haven’t a feeling or giving a damn about people, who get mental problems bc of that. That’s just dissgusting! I’ll never understand why people get into the internet just to troll someone or say that ‘this song, album, band or musician’ is sh*t - I don’t link many bands, musicians or music genres but I’ll never a troll like that, to write every day the same annoying sentences :imp: :triumph: :exploding_head:

The internet needs some love and respect.

5 Likes

:heart: :heart:

Way to late! Here you find my story.

2 Likes

Me too.

:joy::joy::grin:

:heart::hugs:

Thanks,i look in it sometimes but never really got into it, but i’ll have to do it!:blush:

Cool!:heart_eyes:

Yes,the lyrics really are powerful! And also musically soo great!:heart:[quote=“HakManLP, post:124, topic:52653”]
but sometimes a good album needs some time to get into you and also you need to grow uo (with this album for example).
[/quote]

:blush:yeah.

You are so right!!! Love this!:heart_eyes::metal:

It seems like wasting their time on things they don’t like(or,hate) is what they prefer over talking about things they like😖

2 Likes

No link, just talk. Actually if you watch some videos, you can see when he zones out, it’s obvious since he never did it before at shows. He’s talking to Chester or is remembering something. 2.5 years, depends on the person and the support they have. Mike has a shitload of support. Only he knows how he truly feels and if he’s truly okay.

No, I mean the PT tour.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Oh so he ‘zoned out’ during the Post Traumatic tour while on stage? I haven’t seen too many of those videos I must admit. Maybe the performance was staged this way? When you remember something you really do need to stop and think about it especially if you don’t want to misrepresent the past which is easily done. Taking his time to retell a story is probably a good thing rather than bad. I’m sure he has solid support, but really you need to mentally support yourself and not let yourself get pulled into the darkness… Breaking The Habit style :sunglasses:

I have to ask: How old were you when you started listening to Linkin Park? I’ve been listening to them since they first released OSC in the UK (January 15, 2001) when I was 16 so I’ve basically grown up listening to them for half of my life! :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations! :grinning: Just ignore any idiots on YouTube because nobody should pay them any attention. I only read comments from the fans just to see what they think about songs or performances to see their reactions and feelings :blush:

This is definitely true and always worth saying that taste can change overtime. Sometimes you can listen to a Linkin Park album after a long while and really enjoy it when you didn’t originally. I have to say this is unique to Linkin Park because they experiment with so many different styles that they can appeal more widely musically to everyone. Although I have to say I’ve never heard a bad Evanescence album in my life :heart_eyes: Synthesis is a fucking masterpiece. I wonder if 2020 will change this :thinking: :laughing:

@Linkineli Better late than never joining here! I’ve often discussed LP online but not on this “official” forum which I didn’t know existed because I don’t delve too deeply into fandom. I personally don’t like the concept of celebrity and anything outside of their talent, in this case the music, matters. Although I always felt an akin to Chester because he came across completely genuine and real - particularly through his voice. Whatever he sang you felt it, even if you didn’t want to. Just incredible. And very rare. I don’t think our lifetime will ever experience this type of singer or spirit again. His voice was simply stunning.

On that note, even though this performance breaks me everytime I hear it, there is nothing better to describe how special Chester’s voice truly was :’)

4 Likes

Who said that was a baby pic of him? That’s him CURRENTLY

Bloody hell this thread is focus intensive :expressionless:

2 Likes

So you’re saying a painting Mike did in art school is what @IronSoldier16 looks like now? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

How is this thread focus intensive?

1 Like

Screenshot_20200123-205754_Instagram

:heart: :heart:

6 Likes

I really enjoy reading this thread… maybe I’ll put my two penny worth in at some point too.

4 Likes

Does it truly surprise you that the boy wonder is a psychic fortune teller too? :stuck_out_tongue:

It was 1am and I was losing my place every few minutes lol

3 Likes

I’m a ‘91’s kid’ and started listening to Linkin Park in summer 2001 with age at 8 (I turned 2001 also 9) -I had a very small tv and saw the boys with ‘Crawling’ on MTV - what an impact. I was just like ‘wow’ :star_struck: :heart_eyes:.
before Linkin Park I were also introduced into ‘heavy music’ bc of my dad - he’s an absolute ‘old’ rock and heavy metal fan, so before I heard Linkin Park, I listened to bands like Deep Purple, ZZ Top, Judas Priest, Motörhead, Metallica (my other #1 band) and many mores. Also a little bit of KoRn, P.O.D, SlipKnot, SOAD, Limp Bizkit but I start loving these bands shortly after Linkin Park :heart: - I wish I were a little bit older back in the early 2000’s so I could made it to concerts like Rock am Ring 2004 or 2007 (my tattoo artist was there with 18 and every session he tells me, how awesome Linkin Park was 2004 at Rock am Ring)

:heart:

please do it - would be awesome to discuss with you too about lyrics or maybe LP tattoos :heart_eyes:

also Hybrid Theory and Meteora ranks in the top 25 Nu Metal albums in the Top 10 :heart: :sunglasses: :metal:t2:

Question: How about discussing the lyrics for crawling as the next one? :blush: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes
  • Long story short, I was introduced to LP by my dad at age 6 but didn’t really “discover” them till age 10 when Meteora came out.
  • Favourite album is A Thousand Suns, Waiting For The End was the first song I ever had a breakdown listening to.
  • I consider Mike one of the greatest musicians/artists/influencers (call him whatever you want to call him) of our time and LP is one of my top bands to have ever seen live (not in the top 3, but they’re high on the list. And I take an artist’s live performance very seriously).
  • Currently have 2 LP related tattoos that I swore I would never get when I was younger, but now hoping to get a 3rd soon.
  • I don’t really listen to them anymore and I don’t think I care if they come back or not at this point. They were the band that made me fall in love with music and nothing will ever change that.
5 Likes

This is great to see :grinning: I really enjoy reading everyone’s comments too.

That turning point when you go from liking music to loving it is something special. I hope LP do continue because their music and message is so unique. ATS is an album I’m often unsure about but I love it for its message. It is very powerful in tone. The Messenger is just pure hope in 3 minutes.

He will neither confirm nor deny if he is the Linkin Park baby! We’re still waiting to hear from him… :pensive:

Wow you were very young. I don’t think I could have understood Linkin Park at that age myself. It definitely feels a bit too dark lyrically but musically the rock/rap sound can be fun to rock out to. The Crawling video is iconic, I remember watching it and loving that goth style. Crawling is the type of song you instantly recognise, I think the production is one of the very best. Lyrically it was ahead of its time, it deals so openly and honestly with mental health. They were really pioneers back then. It showed us that everyone had doubts about themselves and struggled and it was ok to feel this way! :’) That’s why I love Linkin Park.

Discomfort, endlessly has pulled itself upon me
Distracting…
Reacting
Against my will I stand beside my own reflection
It’s haunting how I can’t seem
To find myself again.”

Your dad sounds so awesome! :metal: :heart:

@drounzer Some of my favourite lyrics here

c5219c0fa2f19f601a263a9d62c4619e

4 Likes

It’s not so easy to bring my words to this song onto paper.
So I answered every other topic I planned to, just to put it off. And now I’m tired.
There are a lot of Linkin Park songs, I am so in love with, that feel like truly “my songs”.
Crawling is not one of them.
And I can’t say way.
The lyrics hitting home with every word. But I don’t want to go into this more. Donno why, it’s not me, to hold something back.
This song is so much Linkin Park.
This is, what makes and defines them.
And of course Chester. It’s so him.
But on the other side can’t I seperate him as much from the rest of the band. For me, they have done this together, Chester was the one who presented it, not only with his unique voice but also with his outgoing way to show us who he was, what demons hounded him.
I do love listening to Crawling, especially all these different live versions.
Hm
That’s it, I think. :yawning_face:

3 Likes

thanks for that - what got you tattooed? :heart_eyes:

We’re on the same page for Mike - it’s just awesome how he can play so many instruments and even produce so many awesome stuff ‘just like that’ :heart:

the last one makes me a little bit sad, why don’t you listen to them anymore? I’m also listen to Linkin Park not every day, but when on university day, for example, I listen to some of Linkin Park’s songs, bc many songs on my amazon playlist called ‘Victimized’ and this list is on shuffle :joy:

Yes, I turned ‘9’ in 2001, but like I wrote, I were introduced into music (the good music) very soon :grimacing: - I couldn’t understand the lyrics at that age, but I just enjoyed the sound, the voice of Chester and Mike and also the look with spiky colored hair and tattoos and also ‘baggy pants’ :joy: :metal:t2:

Yes, my dad is still that ‘Rock and Metal’ guy/dad. He was my companionship for the Metallica (Number 2 of my other absolute favorite bands) concert back in 2019 in Berlin besides one of my best friends. I bought the tickets for my dad and me and he was like in his 20’s again :laughing: :metal:t2:

Nice to read - it fits perfect with my own thoughts.

Crawling will be forever my first ever Linkin Park song and my alltime #2 song - The lyrics are so intense, the sound so heavy and the scream just perfect. I need this song, to get feelings, like mentioned in that song and video, out of my head.

Also I think just the way you’re thinking: “But on the other side can’t I seperate him as much from the rest of the band. For me, they have done this together, Chester was the one who presented it, not only with his unique voice but also with his outgoing way to show us who he was, what demons hounded him.” :heart:

Also I’m in love with all the versions of Crawling - with special intro from “HHH”, Reanimation, Piano and of course the original one

4 Likes