Ultimate-Guitar.com Review of Lies Greed Misery (the COMMENTS UGHHH)

As usual, I just went to check for tabs of a song I want to cover (lying from you!!!), and I see that UG has a review of the new song. The comments are so ignorant that it rages me with anger…!

Here’s the link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/online_downloads/new_linkin_park_single_lies_greed_misery.html

I wanted to say something but UG is full of metal heads who think no other music is better than theirs and do not accept that music is an ever changing phenomenon…

'm sick of people saying LP sucks now, that they’re a sell out, and only HT and Meteora were worth a listen…Just wanted to share the frustration! >:/

Although I listen to metal as well, I’m not a “metal-head” or something like that. I’ve been listening to LP for eight years now, and the UG comment which best expressed my thought was “If everyone had this mentality music would never move forward. Whether they are moving in a good direction is not the point. The point is that they aren’t satisfied to be the same band with the same sound forever”. I can’t say I like new LP more than earlier LP, but, deal with it, things change: I would have NEVER been following LP for so long if they had produced the same music over and over, I appreciate they tried to renew themselves, to take their music to a new level. I’m not kean on electronic music, I’m more a “classicist”, in the sense that I listen mainly to such old and classic bands as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin etc, but I like Chester’s voice, I like the project they started years go, and I’ll be supporting them until the very end.

I dont know what pop songs they’ve been listening to to say that it sounds like every other pop song :confused:

i find it really stupid how no one seems to give LP a chance now, all because their music is different does mean they “sold out”

I’m a lp fan since 2005, and i’m prefering HT and meteora but i also like the new songs. The fact that lp tries somethings new just shows how creative and changable they are. I think this are qualities that differs a real band from some comercial bands.

I found the comments on UG hilarious. I am also a metal-head, but LP are still my favorite band, some people are so hurt when it comes to change. I don’t understand, people complain if a band sounds the same on every album (Disturbed), but yet they bitch about change (Linkin Park). Some people are just too narrow minded when it comes to music. I think I will shut up now. LP all the way.

I hate all of this “LP are selling out” shit just because they took a new direction in their music. I personally think that all their albums are great (although i prefer do Meteora over the rest). If LP had stayed the same they would be just like limp bizkit with no new creativity in their songs and the fact that the majority of their songs sounding the same. I think burn it down is and awesome song and Lies greed misery is also pretty good so i am really excited for this album!

[quote=ithomas96i]I hate all of this “LP are selling out” shit just because they took a new direction in their music. I personally think that all their albums are great (although i prefer do Meteora over the rest). If LP had stayed the same they would be just like limp bizkit with no new creativity in their songs and the fact that the majority of their songs sounding the same. I think burn it down is and awesome song and Lies greed misery is also pretty good so i am really excited for this album!
[/quote]

Yeah I’m sick of the haters talking trash… if you don’t like it, don’t listen. I don’t get it, I guess they like being outspoken but, to me, why waste your time? Anyways, I think the new song is decent. Excited to hear the rest of the record in less than a month!

Just don’t listen to them. There’s no point in getting frustrated and angry over nonsense. I love Ultimate Guitar for guitar tabs but that’s it. Half the stuff they post is a joke and the people that comment on it are no better lol

If you like or love a band or just anything in general then you shouldnt care what anyone esle thinks. Everyone has their own tastes and opinions which is what everyone should come to realize eventually. Also have to realize that the internet is full of immaturity and hate but not the LPU :P.

Well said dude.

I dont like the sound of this song at all. Burn it down sounds like their last album rehashed, and I didnt care for their last album at all. I like the old Linkin Park stuff, I grew up with it, I want more of that because thats what made them stand out to me. That being said I still bought several tickets for their concert and I cant wait to see it, I’m just hoping they play as much older stuff as new stuff. We all have our own tastes. I dont understand the “sell out” comments, you cant blame someone for trying something new, but you also cant blame someone for prefering the new or the old over the other.

Must suck to only want to listen to one specific sound all your life. The rest of us will be enjoying the music.

I couldn’t handle the new sound on ATS, when I first listened to it.
but then I thought back to REANIMATION.
many people didn’t like it either. I always listened to electronica, rap & metal in the ealry 2000.
now they combine everything as they always did.
what’s unique about LP is you can hear THEIR sound in every song and this is just awesome.

I’m not going to lie, had my first listen today and I was worried when I heard that staggered intro at the start. But soon after that into the first verse it all changed for me. Enjoying the song now. Especially live if anyone’s seen the video on the LPA front page.
For the record i should probably say my fav album is ATS, and I’m with all of you, it’s far better that the band is constantly evolving rather than just becoming stagnant like a lot of others out there. The whole point of LP is the ‘hybrid theory’ - all different things together, that’s what this is.

The comment, saying ‘Linkin Park tries to be main stream’, is so wrong.
I’ve never heard something that sounds similar to LP. Just nothing. They are so unique and Lies Greed Misery is just the whole opposite of main stream. There’s no screaming in all of the pop-shit songs that are in the charts nowadays. And the only songs in the charts that feature rap, just have a rapped breakdown/bridge by a weird pseudo MC.

So LP is not mainstream.