The Tavern - Open 24/7

It is isn’t it? If something tastes bad, you can just add chili sauce and it just makes it edible again

I like to add extra chili sauce in every Asian recipe I ever make lol. Some people don’t like it at all though, they think it’s too hot.

Well then, the Manadonese people I know [from Indonesia] would sure appreciate that extra hot spicy sauce in the food.

We served Ikan Rica Rica [fish with very spicy sauce] at an Manadonese/ Indonesian party last week and had some of the crowd were crying because it was so hot, apparently

If anybody wants me to eat very spicy food, I’ll need gallons of water on standby…

http://cdn.runnow.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/bottled-waters-560x421.jpg

Yep, that’s what it is. It was called ‘the food thread’ up until this morning. I basically made it to stop other threads from going to food (as they so often do).

Looks to bee sweet chilli. Though knowing the ones that come with the food, it’s gonna taste of paprika and sugar.

On the topic of hot food. My cousin was over here with my uncle some time last year and at one point we went to kfc and my cousin ordered 2 zinger burgers (which is mildly spicy if you’re lucky) and nearly died eating the first one. I’ve no idea why he ordered 2.

When eating spicy food, we were taught as children that it was best to resort to

boiled water

or tea

and otherwise milk.

And eat prawn crackers

or bread.

My parents tried their best to keep me away from the spicy stuff for some reason. And even now I’d get in trouble if I put too much Tabasco on/in my food :confused:

When I was a kid I knew some Indonesian and Surinamese parents started learning their kids to eat spicy food at a young age. Some of the kids were barely 1 years old and the mom would slowly add peppers to their food as the child aged. I always thought this was quite ridiculous, really.

That’s just stupid. Spicy food doesn’t do your stomach much good (probs why my parents were so strict about it) so if you’re a baby it’d probably rip a hole in your stomach.

What’s for dinner people?

I had a chicken sandwich! What did you have @EvoOba

Dinner time is not for another hour or so but we have burgers with salad.

Sounds delicious!

Good evening, don´t forget to jump @thetavernthreat

We had bami goreng

1 Like

I just had a boring tin of tuna with lemon so sour that even I had trouble eating it.

I was working the backyard planting some flowers and stumbled upon an unopened can of cola zero. It’s weird because it was buried under a tree. The people who lived in this house before us are elderly folks. Why would old folks bury an unopened can of cola zero under a tree in the backyard?

Awww coke, how I miss it.

Maybe they wanted a cola tree?

I went to lunch with some coworkers after work today to a pretty cool restaurant. That’s what I had, I know it doesn’t look like t it was so damn good! And so were the dishes the others chose.