The stupid question thread

It might be something done this side of the pond :joy::sweat_smile:
It definitely IS done :roll_eyes::grimacing:
I got pretty decent punishments at times :confused:

Lmao, Iā€™m pretty sure when our parents were kids, they didnā€™t have all these rules about ā€œabuseā€ and other things. I know I got whipped and punished as a kid, and obviously it didnā€™t kill me :stuck_out_tongue: kids today have it so easy honestly. A lot of kids today need to be punished actually, thatā€™s the problem with them in todayā€™s time, if their parents knew how to actually discipline their kids, maybe they wouldnā€™t be out doing whatever they please. Not to mention that being punished actually teaches you things if you let it.

1 Like

Or you could just be raised well and have discipline, besides, in my case punishments didnā€™t do jackshit. The bigger the punishent, the bigger my retaliation, my parents eventually gave up with punishments. I like to think I was a fairly well disciplined kid. Mischievous, yes, but I knew how to behave myself. Making a kid drink soap is kind of bullshit though, a waste of perfctly good soap. If you want to do damage, make them drink something worse. A simple case of ā€œif youā€™re going to do it, do it properly, or donā€™t do it at all.ā€

2 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree but with both of you I suppose because it sounds like weā€™re saying the same thing, nowadays little jimmy gets a time out as ā€œpunishmentā€
If heā€™s going to get punishment then it ought to be something legitimate like the old school punishments
I tell my younger bros all the time how easy they have it compared to when it was just me-parents had the energy to set me right back then :joy:

1 Like

The funny thing is that I only started getting in trouble when my sister was born. Whenever she wasnā€™t around, Iā€™d be near perfect.

Then you have others on the rare chance that it may be that go to far

But I agree the soap pushiment I never got it was normally like hot sauce or something else hot

But I never really got pushmient i was a good kid for the most part

The hot sauce thing would never work on me since I love hot sauce. Iā€™ve actually been in trouble for going into the fridge just to eat the hot sauce. :joy:

1 Like

Well, i have a stupid questionā€¦ What the hell is ASMR and why do people love the hear the sound of other people chewing???

1 Like

No idea, just had to look it up. Thought it was something computer related.

That sound is in my top 3 worst sounds. Nothing will beat the sound of a vacuum cleaner though.

last night i watched a video by a portuguese youtuber that explained what ASMR. basically is a new trend that people just do low sounds near the microphone. and one of the sounds was chewing food. just awful :joy::joy: :joy:

Example:

it really grinds my gears

I stay the hell away from cancerous fads like this.

2 Likes

Why eat food?

How else do you expect to get your energy?

cant energy drinks do that?

if my knees bent the other way around I might walk backwards so Iā€™d feel normalā€¦hhhhā€¦ laying down would be strange with my knees going in the airā€¦ donā€™t ya think

And sleeping

Energy drinks give you a temporary boost (if youā€™re lucky) with sugar and chemicals and then you crash hard. Theyā€™re mostly chemicals and not good for you. Energy drinks donā€™t do anything to me, Iā€™ve drank 1.5L in the space of a few hours and nothing happened to me.

1 Like

And 5 hour energy?

Thatā€™s a different type of recharge.

I donā€™t follow

coffee does it for meā€¦