The Best Linkin Park Song: 2016

Since @acemasters Battle of the Songs is down for a bit, I want to try something I’ve had an idea of for a while. It’s in no way a replacement for B.O.T.S., @acemaster’s method is most likely a lot more accurate, but I figured this would be fun to try.

Basically it’s going to be a poll with every single Linkin Park song ever, and everyone gets one vote for what is their favorite, but before the poll opens, I want to make sure we get every song, since polls can’t be edited, so here’s what I have, tell me if I missed anything!

Since LPU15 isn’t fully out, and we’re most likely getting more music this year with the new album only anything before LPU15 is included.

Reading My Eyes
Fuse
Stick n Move
Carousel
Technique (Short)
Step Up
And One
High Voltage
Part of Me
Papercut
One Step Closer
With You
Points of Authority
Crawling
Runaway
By Myself
In the End
A Place for My Head
Forgotten
Cure for the Itch
Pushing Me Away
My December
Ntr\Mssion
Foreword / Don’t Stay
Somewhere I Belong
Lying from You
Hit the Floor
Easier to Run
Faint
Figure.09
Breaking the Habit
From the Inside
Nobody’s Listening
Session
Numb
Wake
Given Up
Leave Out All the Rest
Bleed it Out
Shadow of the Day
What I’ve Done
Hands Held High
No More Sorrow
Valentine’s Day
In Between
In Pieces
The Little Things Give You Away
No Roads Left
The Requiem / The Radiance
Burning in the Skies
When They Come for Me
Robot Boy
Jornada del Muerto
Waiting for the End
Blackout
Wretches and Kings
Wisdom, Justice, and Love
Iridescent
Fallout
The Catalyst
The Messenger
Lost in the Echo
In My Remains
Burn it Down
Lies Greed Misery
I’ll Be Gone
Castle of Glass
Victimized
Roads Untraveled
Skin to Bone
Until it Breaks
Tinfoil
Powerless
A Light That Never Comes
Keys to the Kingdom
All for Nothing
Guilty All the Same
The Summoning
War
Wastelands
Until it’s Gone
Rebellion
Mark the Graves
Drawbar
Final Masquerade

A.06 / A.Six
Dedicated
Sold My Soul to Yo Mama
Standing in the Middle
QWERTY
You Ain’t Gotsta Gotsta
Bubbles
No Laundry
Da Bloos
PB n’ Jellyfish
26 Lettaz in da Alphabet
Across the Line
Unfortunate
What We Don’t Know
I Have Not Begun
Pale
Pretend to Be
Coal
Halo
YO
Slip
Soundtrack
Program
Broken Foot
Blue
Homecoming
Clarity
Asbestos
Bunker
So Far Away
Pepper
Debris
Ominous
Basquiat
Holding Company
Hemispheres
Cumulus
Universe
Aubrey One
Malathion+Tritonus
Berlin One, Version C
Blanka
Heartburn
Dave Sbeat feat. Joe
Froctagon
Rhinocerous
After Canada

She Couldn’t
Untitled Visionaries Demo
It’s Goin’ Down
We Made It
Lockjaw
New Divide
Blackbirds
Not Alone
Issho Ni

Only one vote for all of them or per category? Like, one song out of studio albums, one for LPU/demos, one for (maybe) interludes/instrumentals and one for miscellaneous?

Also, Reanimation is out?

There won’t be categories, just one huge list (if it allows me to, I didn’t actually think to see if there’s a limit). They’re broken up just to sort. And I was going to keep out all demos of finished songs and remixes, but that could be changed. Amount of votes could be changed, too

Other than remixes and demos, the only things I kept out were things that obviously shouldn’t be considered songs (Empty Spaces, the voicemails on Reanimation) and things that never had a studio release

Ok, cool! Should Drawing and Drum Song be added too or are they too demo-ish/unfinished?

It is out of stock lol jkjk

2 Likes

They’re demos of finished songs, so I figured if you like those songs the most, you could just vote for the finished song. I feel like if I were to include some variants of songs, I’d need to include every variant to be fair, and that’d take forever

I did forget Mall songs, though, which I don’t actually know how to break up because I don’t think all of them are Linkin Park

Makes sense, ok yeah! Mall huh? It’s not exactly LP though, like you said. Same with The Raid.

Some of the songs I’d 100% consider Linkin Park, like White Noise, but I’m not sure where I’d draw the line between what is and isn’t

The Raid is definitely not.

Mall’s songs seem to be split somewhat actually, there’s songs titled after the movie’s sections, then just normal song names. Problem is, I’ve never seen the movie to make sure that’s what’s actually going on

Edit: Danny Goes Home has lyrics from Mike so I think that theory is already dead

Edit 2: Also that other Aoki song

The Raid is just Mike and Mall is Joe and some of the LP guys… not sure what can be considered LP lol.

Darker Than Blood? Weren’t all of them (kinda) involved in it like with ALTNC?

Yeah, I was just saying I forgot to add it to the list

If Reanimation isn’t added to the list why is NTR/Mssion there?

It’s not a remix

If you’re including interludes why not include stef and riff raff even though they’re not technically music?

Because like you said, they’re not music. Every other interlude I would consider somewhat music, or fits with another song, like Foreword and Don’t Stay

Ok, so when can we expect the vote?

After I sort through Mall songs, I think I should be done. And if anything seems off to you, or anyone for that matter, feel free to say I should change it. I’m just giving my reasoning behind why I included and didn’t include some stuff

What about the 8 bit versions of songs?

I think that would fit under remixes. The discography section on the main site even lists them as a remix album, even though it was never released as one

The thing I’m most concerned about is should I allow for more than one vote? There isn’t going to be rounds or anything, so I don’t know