Studio Edited? (Linkin Park - London, Channel 4 Studios 2007)

This is the full show here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAtwOP0jqWU

My comment: Chester’s vocal sounds edited. Either that or this is one of the very rare moments where he can sing an auto tuned song perfectly. I’m referring to What I’ve Done. I mean, look at the other real live videos, he can’t do that. This whole show has the same feel like Live in Texas, majorly edited. Hate it when it’s done to LP >.>

I know fake when I hear it and the atmosphere of that show in particular is just… fake :confused:

What do you guys think? Is it studio edited? I think the vocals for most parts are edited… I mean, just look at What I’ve Done. In the other real live videos, he doesn’t sound that way nor can he pull it off because the chorus is auto tuned to begin with.

You know, it’s like in this show, they’re acting as though they’re shooting for an MV.

I really hate it when these kind of things are done with LP shows. Live in Texas sounded fake from the first song onwards… not natural at all.

Hate major edits!

I don’t think this is studio edited…or I don’t want to believe that it is studio edited :smiley:

I agree with LinkinLayra! I don’t want to believe it’s edited, but it also doesn’t sound edited, or, you know, very edited (I don’t know how TV stuff works). Besides, even if Chester was singing differently that he does normally, or has before, there were still cadences to his singing that you could tell that he was singing live. I don’t mean to say he was flat or just all over the place vocally, but slight… oh I don’t know musical terms… warbles and pitch changes that weren’t quite seamless with studio albums. Slight differences that make it extra enjoyable to hear Linkin Park live. I didn’t notice any discrepencies with the band usually plays live songs, so I suppose that lends to not being adjusted, too.

I can’t say anything for Live in Texas because I haven’t see it. Who knows though; maybe I’m just a naive, die hard fan who has no idea what she’s talking about.

They will never make studio edited…

It’s clearly live. You can hear it from the characteristics of that specific mic. Take into account the fact, that those are almost studio-like situations and they haven’t done 20 songs before that. It’s their first song so Chester isn’t tired at all. They might use a mild pitch correction though, which is completely fine in my opinion, because I know Chester can sing very well and it only boosts the performance and allows him to express his feelings more without over-thinking about hitting the notes super-accurately.

Oh yeah, and of course the athmosphere is a bit weird because there is no audience and they’re basically performing alone.

[quote=Xplosiw]It’s clearly live. You can hear it from the characteristics of that specific mic. Take into account the fact, that those are almost studio-like situations and they haven’t done 20 songs before that. It’s their first song so Chester isn’t tired at all. They might use a mild pitch correction though, which is completely fine in my opinion, because I know Chester can sing very well and it only boosts the performance and allows him to express his feelings more without over-thinking about hitting the notes super-accurately.

Oh yeah, and of course the athmosphere is a bit weird because there is no audience and they’re basically performing alone.
[/quote]

This.
And if they really would have edited it, they could have done it better. There are still some not perfect keys and they could also try to pitch Mike’s voice higher or use other studio effects and wonders, so I think it’s live and in my opinion it’s very easy to hear. LP would also never do stuff like that … [lol]

I guess, that studio record seems to be original. Just the one scream in Given Up is veeery long for a live show.

But I agree, with what you said about the Live in Texas DVD. I’am so dissapointed with it. I bought it and heard it just once! And I’ll never listen to it again. If I want to hear perfect sound, I’am gonna listen to the album and not to a live concert. Can’t understand, why LP allows that kind of stuff. Maybe it was a youthful mistake :wink:

[quote=Jats][quote=Xplosiw]It’s clearly live. You can hear it from the characteristics of that specific mic. Take into account the fact, that those are almost studio-like situations and they haven’t done 20 songs before that. It’s their first song so Chester isn’t tired at all. They might use a mild pitch correction though, which is completely fine in my opinion, because I know Chester can sing very well and it only boosts the performance and allows him to express his feelings more without over-thinking about hitting the notes super-accurately.

[/quote]

This.
And if they really would have edited it, they could have done it better. There are still some not perfect keys and they could also try to pitch Mike’s voice higher or use other studio effects and wonders, so I think it’s live and in my opinion it’s very easy to hear. LP would also never do stuff like that … [lol]
[/quote]
Me too, I think so

What in the heck are you talking about? lol

I dont actually think that is edited if u ask me!!!
Seems an ok sound as it is not perfect like on records!

LOL :smiley:

Why is this even a thread?

[quote=Ginger]Why is this even a thread?
[/quote]

Epic thread is epic =D troll face

[quote=purnama][quote=Ginger]Why is this even a thread?

LiT is studio edited, it was mixed at Pulse Recordings LA -_-" Yes you can hear that it is live but like LiT, I think this is studio edited because I can’t find other live videos, except for this one, that he can do the What I’ve Done chorus.

Understand, that What I’ve Done’s chorus is not hard at all. I can say that as a professional singer.

Also the conditions in which this performance is done, there is very little difference to recording it in a studio, because Chester is standing still and it’s their first song so he’s not exhausted.

Thirdly, there is simply no point in overdubbing such a small project (as opposed to LiT which is a huge DVD that was commercially released), and the company that was filming this, probably wouldn’t even allow them to do it, because it would take too much time.

It is possible that they performed those songs couple of times though, just to get enough camera material and perhaps beef up the audio too. There are couple of mistakes there that are indicating that the guy editing this video could have copy/pasted some video clips to fill gaps in order to get more exciting camera angles to make it look like more special.

So in a sense, you could be right. If they have performed those songs couple of times, they could have picked up the best shots so to speak. But it’s still live, no doubt about that. And about LiT, of course it had to be mixed at a studio. Trust me, you wouldn’t want to hear raw recordings, they have to be balanced.

And there is one other thing too, they used ambient mics in LiT (mics that record the audience and everything at once somewhere in the middle of the venue), which makes it pretty hard to overdub certain things. They can’t really tune the notes afterwards or do too much dubbing either, because it’s practically impossible to alter the audio of ambient mics so that only vocals are affected, and if you do, it just sounds horrible. So most of it is live anyways.

[quote=ZoeLinkingal]LiT is studio edited, it was mixed at Pulse Recordings LA -_-" Yes you can hear that it is live but like LiT, I think this is studio edited because I can’t find other live videos, except for this one, that he can do the What I’ve Done chorus.