Silverstein

Who else is a fan of Silverstein?

The first I had heard of them was in 2005. I was either in a music store at an amusement park, or in a booth at the State Fair. Coincidentally enough, I had bought a Linkin Park shirt there, and on the way out, I was handed two free samplers.

One was from a Celtic punk band, The Tossers and featured the songs Good Morning Dad and No Loot

The other featured four songs from three different bands. Smile In Your Sleep and Fist Wrapped In Blood by Silverstein, Devotion And Desire by Bayside, and Patrick by (now defunct) June.

Needless to say, I was really attached to Silverstein’s sound. One thing I especially like about them is Shane’s vocal ability and how he can make really great acoustic versions of some of their songs. Some of my favorites include

Call It Karma (original) (acoustic)
Burning Hearts (original) (acoustic) - one of my favorite acoustic versions of any song

I found their most recent album, Rescue, to be one of, if not, my favorite album from 2011, and would recommend everyone listen to it. For me, it’s difficult to pick a favorite song, so here’s a couple, “The Artist” and “Medication

Oh yeah, almost forgot…You guys remember when LP covered Nine Inch Nails’ “Wish”? Silverstein did too for their Transitions EP

I wouldn’t call myself a fan, but they’re okay. I once saw them live as a supporting act for Billy Talent.