Setlist with more Mr. Hahn

Hello, this is Cesar G coming at you. I just wanted to get this off my chest… Friday night, Linkin Park concert, live at Tinley Park, Mr. Hahn looked so bored.

Unless you have been living in a cave, you may have noticed newer and newer songs don’t involve Mr. Hahn. It is a sad thing when you don’t get to see Joe Hahn play in front of everyone. He is the most underrated person in Linkin Park and I demand more attention to him!

I agree, it is nice to finally have With You back in the setlist, but it’s not enough.

This is the part where things get serious:

Joe Hahn is a professional… And there is no reason for him putting on a bored face, there is also no reason for him attending private matters in public… Me and the girlfriend caught him texting on his phone during the performance. I didn’t feel mad nor disappointed, but sad, because on top of this, he also performs with no emphasis. When he performs on stage, everything is second nature to him, so he performs like he hates being there.

This is just from my personal experience. Great guy, very down to earth, therefore, he needs more work!

They should play a cure for the itch

You’re right. They could have even played Tinfoil off of Living Things.

I agree but thats the problem with a band which has six members all with different attributes - lets not forget that he is a big part of all the video production the band does, so to be honest he is still a major contributor to the band.

Regardless, a song for Hanh thats not the opening song should be played in most if not all sets.

You’re right. They could have even played Tinfoil off of Living Things.[/quote]
At the show I went to, 8/15/12, they opened with Tinfoil/Faint

[quote=Curt]I agree but thats the problem with a band which has six members all with different attributes - lets not forget that he is a big part of all the video production the band does, so to be honest he is still a major contributor to the band.

Regardless, a song for Hanh thats not the opening song should be played in most if not all sets.
[/quote]

That is a valid point.

I’m beginning to think he likes producing/directing better than actually playing. I mean, if they have a chance to play Tinfoil in every setlist off of a new album, they should go for it. Half the time Joe just stands there…

I think the same. They should be playing songs with more eletronic for Joe be part of the show.

About you caught his texting, probably he was uploading a photo on Instagram.

It’s good to remember that he is not the director of the video of Lost In The Echo.

I was hoping to be at this concert (but I live 5 hours away). The texting part you caught was that he took a picture for Twitter.

When A Thousand Suns came out, I remember thinking the live show would see more from him, with all the different sounds and effects. For most of the show I attended, though, he wasn’t even on stage. In Mansfield a couple weeks ago, I managed to get a picture of him on his phone, too.

Mr Hahn is one of my favorite band member like Chester and Mike.

The most important thing that make me love Linkin Park is the Eletronic part that Joe do in the music.

https://twitter.com/joehahnLP/status/239191637098643456/photo/1/large

This is possible, but I caught him during the 5 second break in between songs, this picture looks like everyone is playing. There is a possibility he was doing this.

Ahh, this is more incriminating…

Okay, I’m convinced, we need more HAHN.

maybe they should let mr.hahn sing :smiley:

was noting that too at the last berlin show. he seems boring and was looking at the stream behind him and making photos with his mobile.
But we don’t have a look in his head, so we really don’t know if he is really bored or is just waiting for his part at the show. But is he really bored, LP could give him some scratching action between the songs to fill up the silence. if it’s possible

[quote=The Big_D][/quote]

Yeah, I can see this. Very good possibility.

Mr.Hahn should put together a cd mix. with cure for the itch etc.

You’re right. They could have even played Tinfoil off of Living Things.[/quote]

I was at the Tinley park show… I agree he looks bored

But we did get tinfoil with faint during the encore!!!

Nothing like cure for the itch but tinfoil was there!

I dont think Hahn is bored. Its not like he needs to be in Linkin Park, and he could do side projects like Mike and Chester did if he wanted to do more and focus on his individual talents. There is a lot that he does for the actual albums, the videos, so his on stage has become less as strong, if you noticed he has gotten more out of shape, bigger stomach, but ever time I have seen him, he still has fun, smiles, does instagram, twitter, is always cool at meet and greets that I have read and when I met him at the summit, so I think Hahn is doing fine. This direction is more of behind the scenes then the first two LP albums, and it is second nature for him now. When a DJ is scratching, you can rock out, and perform, Hahn does not do much of that anymore, its a digital age and he is top notch at what he does, and video, direction, album contributions are a huge part of what LP is today. I too would love to see more HAHN in every show and song though. I doubt very much that he is bored though.