Rick van Meijel music projects

Had the wrong translation. I have corrected it.
Google says the translation in to Netherlands is “bolvormig”?
I’m not good enough to say witch instrument this is.

Oooh you mean spheric sound! Too much echoing or room sound you mean?

1 Like

No. The tinkle? Or hm how to describe it, the sound you find on meditation whale music cds as additional instrument?
A little bit was already in the “infinite universe” but there I liked it and find it fitting.

Donno :grimacing:

I think you might mean the organ that starts at 0:09 and plays throughout the entire song. Otherwise I don’t know :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This, please… :see_no_evil:

This (2)

The instrumental part is kinda relaxing and with the rap we finally have a whole song from Rick and Willy!! That’s great!! Was waiting for you @rickvanmeijel to have a “complete” song and this one is nice! :grin: Was really curious about the result! So now we know you’re actually able to do so! :heart_eyes: :blush: Keep it going!! :heart:

4 Likes

Oops forgot to reply, thanks @lpfan61! Maybe @IllWill33 wants to post the lyrics first since he wrote them. In the meantime, the download on Bandcamp comes with the lyrics also! And Will and I are currently discussing whether to do a lyric video :wink:

Yes, it’s my first song with vocals! Took some time to get it right because I never had produced vocals before. Thank you very much! :blush:

2 Likes

Oh ok! I downloaded it, but listened on youtube lol going check it now :blush:

You’re very welcome :grin: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like

Here are the lyrics:

Forget everything you have learned
Forget the sorrows you have served
Forget the bridges you have burned
Let it go
Let it go
Oh, let it go
Because these burdens
For certain
Have held you back
Back to getting lost in the darkest of black
Made you invisible and lost track
But now is the chance
To break free from this hypnotic trance
It’s time to follow the light to advance
Advance into being
Discovering your true self can be freeing
What is it that keeps you fearing?
It’s time to let go
And wash it all away, because it’s that glow
That was once on your face, that you’re missing
Confined to reminiscing
A plague of memories
Torturing tragedies
Saddening melodies

Let it go
Let it go
Oh, let it go
It’s come to my attention
That what’s needed is an intervention
Just a cryptic invention
Of the mind, that needs direction
Meet me at the intersection
Where we can both put up the fight to achieve disconnection
It’s something that can either make you
Or break you
But I’m here to take you
In
Leave that mentality at the recycling bin
And know that each and everyone of us has sinned
Just let it go
We’ll overthrow
Just let it go
It’s time to say no
Just let it go
As the veil falls down, and reveals the show

Someday you will understand
Where the cursor needs to land
In order to grab the helping hand
Uncovering the true self
Which bounds you in sufficient wealth
It’s time to let go and gain back your health
Seperate yourself
From all you have dealt
And praise for the opportunity
Praise for the immunity
Praise the experience of life without scrutiny
It’s time to let go
Let it go
Let it go
Oh, let it go
Let it go
Let it go
Oh, let it go

11 Likes

I am glad you all like it. It was a song that was unfortunately left out from my last mixtape “On3”. It is a change of style regarding the instrumental for me, but I think the song came out great.

This song also adds to taking a different direction, as shown on the final track of my last mixtape, “The Light” in which I sing instead of rap, and most of my friends seem to really enjoy it!

I thank Rick for all the work he put in along the help, tips and support on my project, “Time Machine”, which I will release later today also. Just older songs getting clearer vocals along with some new additions here and there. Stay tuned for that also :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you!! :smile:

2 Likes

Really like this one, getting some serious old-school-rap vibes.

2 Likes

That sound was exactly what I was aiming for, glad you noticed that! :smiley:

Again, you’re welcome man! It’s was super fun to work on this song. Thank you too and looking forward to the release of Time Machine!

3 Likes

This!

and this

They said it all nothing left for me again :tipping_hand_woman:
goodluck! keep creating! :blush:

4 Likes

Actually, you were one the first to post a comment on YouTube! So don’t worry, you can retain the number 1 fan spot :joy:. Thanks Honey!

2 Likes

:pleading_face: Am I in the top 3 at least?? I still want the free pass you know :heart_eyes: :blush:

Absolutely powerful lyrics and very nice sound as well. I really enjoyed this one. Very nice work guys.

2 Likes

I really like this song, I love how the music flows, and also really like the instrumentals on it, it sounds very
Professionally done , and I just love the lyrics to the song. Overall great song, great job guys

2 Likes

:grimacing: I’m really not good at this.
Should have said nothing. :speak_no_evil:
Ok, I listened again, the organ starts at 0:09?
Then it’s not the Organ, it’s that what’s starting next, at 0:13 or 0:14.
But as I said before, just feelings. Not in any way capable to give an opinion on instruments. Or song making at all.

Love the lyrics. :heart:
There another question, the lyrics @IllWill33 posted are not in the same order as you sing it?

Great work you two!:ok_hand:
Thank you for your patience :hugs:

1 Like

@anna834 since Rick took over the production the lyrics have been changed. That is how I originally wrote them. But I will give a listen again and post the newer lyrics.

The first idea of this song was to me sing the Let It Go parts and use “Iridescent” samples in the background, but those were never released sadly. So Rick took over and we ended up putting the song together differently than what I had it in mind xD

2 Likes

That would be nice. I like to listen and read the lyrics at the same time. And I didn’t get the jump to the difference.