Rick van Meijel music projects

Wasn’t expecting to get a shoutout lol. Cheers.

Nice that you managed to download it! Enjoy :partying_face:

Then I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I think ATS is their best album too :joy: Compared to Meteora for example, ATS seems more timeless to me and it’s amazing how the album tells a story. I never experienced the release of Meteora, since I was too young then. When ATS released I was actually getting into music, so I think age plays a big role in these things.

She definitely is, but I don’t think she wrote all these songs on her own. Many songwriters and producers are credited for contributing to her work. Hometown Glory is pretty nice, but not my favorite. 21 beats the other albums for me.

Glad you caught that :wink: cheers!

1 Like

Yes definitely age is a factor. I don’t believe ATS is timeless however as it’s very unlikely to be noted as a historically significant album, whereas Hybrid Theory will always be remembered because it was groundbreaking.

I’d say the huge sales of HT made it a more significant album, since it’s one of the best selling albums of the century, right?

1 Like

Hybrid Theory sales: WW: 30,000,000. US: 10,500,000

ATS sales: US: 906,000 (can’t find WW figures but it won’t beat HT).

Hybrid Theory is about 47 on the 50 best selling albums worldwide. I doubt ATS will ever appear in this list, or even top 200 of the list.

Screenshot_20200712-185257~2

Update: Someone on LPA reckons these are the worldwide sales of all albums pre-OML:

ALBUM IN STUDIO

(2000) HYBRID THEORY: 20,000,000

(2003) METEORA: 13,100,000

(2007) MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT: 7,900,000

(2010) A THOUSAND SUNS: 2,800,000

(2012) LIVING THINGS: 2,400,000

(2014) THE HUNTING PARTY: 1,300,000

That’s awesome. Didn’t know it performed that well!

Interesting to see the huge drop in sales after MTM, but I guess that also due to the rise of digital music platforms.

1 Like

Hybrid Theory is one of the best selling albums ever made, hence why I try to explain it is the best LP album ever made. Fans don’t seem to understand the difference between “favourite” and “best”. You can love your favourite sports team but that doesn’t make them the best. Best is judged by the level of success.

True, although I would expect these figures include digital purchases too. If you loved an album you would still buy the download (they cost about the same as a CD?). In the 00’s everyone seemed to pirate downloads too. It was the most exciting thing for teens to download stuff they couldn’t afford :laughing: I would hope security is slightly better now, but I don’t know.

Well I’d say there’re more factors that play a role than just commercial success, but I get your point.

It’s not :wink::joy:

1 Like

Hey,
I listened to your What I’m Listening To #2
The first song I didn’t like, so I was a little weary to continue. I think, the opening song for a mix tape (yeah, I’m that old :laughing:) is pritty important and leads into the mix.
But so I was surprised that I really enjoyed the whole rest of it. :blush:
Thank you for sharing :hugs:

Does this include Live At The Royal Albert Hall?
I have 21, but actually never listen to it, also not to the other album.
But the Royal Albert Hall concert album I concider as one of my favourite live shows at all. Had times were I listened to it non stop.
And loved watching the DVD.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time Anna! I agree that the opening song is important, that’s why I chose that Stereo Honey song which I like very much. But musical tastes differ right :grin:

Haven’t listened to this one, didn’t even know about it to be honest. I rarely take live albums into account, I was just talking about the studio albums.

1 Like

Then give it a try. I’m curious what you think. :hugs:

Okay, I’ll add it to my list :hugs:

1 Like

The newsletter finally works on my side. Got today’s email.

1 Like

Yes! Glad you received it. On the other hand, it doesn’t work for myself now. Tried to subscribe in order to see how the emails look, but I don’t get anything :joy:. No worries though, I can always send a test version to myself.

1 Like

August 3 2020: Newsletter exclusive
Heads up all newsletter subscribers! This morning I sent you an email with an exclusive clip. I’m in the middle of producing my EP and this clip will offer you an insight into one of my latest sessions. Be sure to let me know what you think :slight_smile:

afbeelding

@lpfan61
@melisLP
@chigokurosaki
@AJ_7
@titan2025
@StephLP18
@theearlywalker
@anna834
@zanybelle
@Honey8

8 Likes

@HakManLP :grin:

1 Like

Checking asap - but I have not received anything- let’s cross check the email adress on WA tonight pl :+1:t2: Curious already :tada::balloon::confetti_ball::crazy_face:

1 Like

Checking ASAP! Yaaaayy!! :heart_eyes: :tada:

1 Like

Maybe something’s broken on Mailchimp, since I didn’t receive anything either. I’ll send you a pm!

I can feel the enthusiasm :smile::tada: Thank you as always :hugs:

Edit: @theearlywalker @anna834 It says the email has been delivered to all subscribers. Are you guys sure it didn’t appear in your spam folders?

1 Like

No. Still nothing.
And I have no Spam filter.
Still my first and only mail address, and never real spam trouble :grin: