Rest in peace Chester

I’m currently attempting to merge a handful of the smaller, more general topics about remembering Chester into this main one. In every topic, I’m putting my reasoning to do so–

–but to elaborate, if your posts are smaller thoughts about remembering Chester, like a sentence or two, it belongs here, because it probably won’t stand on its own as a topic, as the discussion is too similar to this one.

Bigger posts such as showcasing your drawings, covers, extended thoughts, or any other types of expression made in his memorial can continue to exist as their own topic, because they can generate their own discussions on the matter.

This is not to undermine anyone’s feelings. Everyone’s opinions matter. If you feel that what I’ve merged or haven’t merged in here goes against what I said above, feel free to tag me and explain, and I will do my best to try and fix things.

2 Likes

They say that there is no evil that for good does not come, but sometimes we break our minds thinking that it will be good, after having lost something that was very important and valuable to us…

It’s so hard, My heart is broken.

:sob:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Only moderators can merge topics right? In case I see a small one can I tag you?

Yes, I would rather anyone tag me to deal with having to merge topics, because none of the options for flagging a post or topic don’t really apply to the situation. But thank you to those that are helping out in trying to keep everything organized

I will do all I can to keep everything organized.

1 Like

Fantasia Painting(29)

5 Likes

I watched you fall apart and chased you to the end I’m left with emptiness that words can not defend You’ll never know what I became because of you Ten thousand promises, ten thousand ways to lose

R.I.P Chester :blue_heart:

6 Likes

Talking to my self, Heavy… We love you Linkin Park,
Listening to each song makes me think that you are still alive, it is so difficult to accept that you are no longer with us.
Every song, every word, breaks my heart.
It’s all so complicated chaz,
Thanks for reading me.

3 Likes

One more light :frowning: !
Should’ve stayed, were there signs, I ignored?
Can I help you, not to hurt, anymore?
We saw brilliance, when the world, was asleep
There are things that we can have, but can’t keep
If they say
Who cares if one more light goes out?
In a sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers
Who cares when someone’s time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
We’re quicker, quicker
Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do
The reminders pull the floor from your feet
In the kitchen, one more chair than you need oh
And you’re angry, and you should be, it’s not fair
Just 'cause you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it, isn’t there
Well I do :cry:

IMG_20170728_010253|511x500

3 Likes

It’s like Chester left a legacy for us fans…he will always be with us…:heart:

2 Likes

It’s been 12 days and i still cry every day. My heart goes to chester’s family, friends and lp brothers. Mental health is an unpredictable roller coaster. Linkin Park have been my saviour through my illness and as a parent of mental health/addiction. I have a song for every mood and event. I was privileged enough to meet them in 2013 in Sydney. Chester (despite my massive crush) was so incredibly vibrant and radiated energy! I measure my physical health (due to illness) by being able to attend a linkin park concert. My heart is broken. I hope that chester has found peace and that his loved ones can reach a place of acceptance and know that sucide is not just about escaping demons but they also believe that the burden is lifted from their loved ones. We all need to reach out to each other. The best memorial we can give chester is to spread love and keep playing his angelic voice forever. So thank you Chester Bennington, you are and will always be my hero. Xoxo

5 Likes

With great love and tightest hugs to Talinda, children, LP, LPU, LP Street Team and every single fan out there.

This video includes
@the_termin8r
@acemasters
@rickvanmeijel
@jabinquaken
@theearlywalker
@anngelenee
@nefermiw
@yolo5494
@Honey8
@NoireXJasper

17 Likes

I am still shocked that such an influential human being is gone. I was supposed to see one of the Blinkin Park (Linkin Park and blink-182) shows in NYC and then a Linkin Park solo show tomorrow and it’s unbelievable that I may never see such a talented band again. I did want to offer my condolences and also wanted to share that when I saw Incubus on 7/20/2017 they dedicated Wish You Were Here to Chester and on 7/21/2017 when I saw 311, they dedicated Beyond The Gray Sky to Chester as well. He was well loved by so many people in the music industry, not just fans like us. R.I.P Chester Bennington.

3 Likes

And also
@samuel_the_leader
@jFar920
@AJ_7
@gatsie
@rorymcgarrett
And me

5 Likes

This is my video tribute. I wanted it to be melancholic, but it came out totally opposite. Still sad as we won’t see our lovely Chester anymore, but I hope I managed to capture his essence. It made me cry, but I love it. This is my tribute for this amazing guy who changed my life. I love you Chester. I miss you and I will never forget you.

12 Likes

Made a mistake of seeing Jimmy Kimmel One More Light performance :frowning:

3 Likes

I could feel how much you love him while watching your video, great done - may you tell me more about the memorial with music and food on the 19.08. in London?

:rose: @gatsie your idea to make a video as tribute inspirated us all

:rose:@NickGr thanx- great job

3 Likes

We are just planning to meet up and hang out and have some sing along and perhaps share some memories and stuff.

1 Like

… Nice warm up for the Muse show, :+1:t2:so when and where?