Re: My thoughts to some fans, the music and behaviour

I have alot of critical opinions but I think people are afraid to voice them out is because others hate on them.

[quote=ZoeLinkingal]I have alot of critical opinions but I think people are afraid to voice them out is because others hate on them.
[/quote]

People shouldnt care what others think. Everyone has their own opinions and should feel good ehough about themselves to voice them. The LPU welcomes all kinds of opinions and as a big family that we are, you will almost always find someone that can relate to you.

[quote=Shoegaze4u]Let’s do a little test:

Just jump into a different perspective and imagine, that you are a LP band member. Maybe Mike for example? Ok.

You’re playing in a famous band, you reached many artistical goals, you are creative,

and

you have a bunch of lovely fans, who really love your music and what you’re doing. This are the facts.

Think about this question: What do you prefer:

• A fan, who likes almost everything you say. Who tells you, every of your songs is flawless. Or,
  • A fan, who listen to your music mindful. Who tells you about the things, he don’t like and gives you an honest feedback.

Every ‘Mike’ can answer that question for himself. But I guess, most people feel the same.

I agree! If we don’t like something we should tell about it. But to be honest, personally I’m afraid of telling e.g. ‘I don’t like the new song’ because a lot of people would be angry with me.
I feel like ‘I’m on LPU so I have to love everything related with LP’ but it shouldn’t be like that… We should be able to tell about what we like and what we don’t like without hate on us. Peace :slight_smile:

Guys I think music is about passion & one thing that’s not lacking in the lpu is passion.No doubt there are those that are unhappy about the direction lpu have taken.But please I beg you no more talk of the bieber,that’s just scary but to those that like the bieber happy listening.Its great to have posts on here that get people showing they’re passion. The fact that no one has written you off for it is a good thing.

[quote=Michaela]I agree! If we don’t like something we should tell about it. But to be honest, personally I’m afraid of telling e.g. ‘I don’t like the new song’ because a lot of people would be angry with me.
I feel like ‘I’m on LPU so I have to love everything related with LP’ but it shouldn’t be like that… We should be able to tell about what we like and what we don’t like without hate on us. Peace :)[/quote]

yes and thats the mistake!! don’t be afraid to say your opinion! if others are mad with you because they hype everything - then its their fault! you are the better person for saying your opinion

Linkin Park is still the best of all and it will be the best forever.

[quote=Kshitiz]Linkin Park is still the best of all and it will be the best forever.
[/quote]

Remember, thats your opinion xD.

Stop worrying so much to defend your favorite band, as much as a hardcore fan you may be; Move on with your your life, no need to feel upset. People who love LP are unique people, and were all here to share our dedication to Linkin Park.

I say keep the negativity to yourself but if you have to be harsh comments to say go to blabbermouth they will like your comments.

I get your point. You just have to accept other people’s opinions to have one of your own.

All people are equal as well no one is better or worse we are only human. If you are actually interested in what I think about Living Things, I hype it up & say it is their best because I feel it is in my heart that is my personal opinion.

I cannot just slam it because I don’t feel that way, I feel Living Things is Linkin Park’s best album, but it is irrelevant as that is merely just my own view on it. I’m much more interested in what other fans think.

We do & are listening to everyone’s views & if anyone has constructive criticism for the band, I’m happy to hear it. Just because I like something doesn’t mean I’m a servant idolizer of the band, stop stereotyping please.

[quote=TalkingToPylons]I get your point. You just have to accept other people?s opinions to have one of your own.

All people are equal as well no one is better or worse we are only human. If you are actually interested in what I think about Living Things, I hype it up & say it is their best because I feel it is in my heart that is my personal opinion.

I cannot just slam it because I don?t feel that way, I feel Living Things is Linkin Park?s best album, but it is irrelevant as that is merely just my own view on it. I?m much more interested in what other fans think.

We do & are listening to everyone?s views & if anyone has constructive criticism for the band, I?m happy to hear it. Just because I like something doesn?t mean I?m a servant idolizer of the band, stop stereotyping please.[/quote]

Thank you - very well put. I feel the same. I am not angry if somebody slams a song or an album. It’s just a different opinion than mine, and I am free to tell my opion, too! I don’t think anyone should be afraid one bit to give their opinion - we’ve all got one! And of course they will differ. And it just so happens that I also like Living Things…alot! Many of us truly like the album, and we are not just idolizing and trying to be “perfect fans” or afraid to criticize the album or band members. I feel that those are completely ridiculous, closed minded statements. Get over it…we LIKE Living Things!! This is the only reason I would say that I like it, cause it’s how I truly feel. Duh! Yes, Hybrid Theory IS my fave…but I can TOTALLY appreciate Living Things!! And I think Mike’s singing is lovely, as is Chester’s and the music and songs are outstanding and the lyrics are totally awesome! Lies Greed Misery is my favortie (i play that one ridiculously LOUD and over and over), and Burn It Down, Lost In The Echo, Castle of Glass, Tinfoil/Powerless, Skin To Bone, Victimized, Roads Untraveled - I am enjoying most of the songs very, very much - with the exception of the “gangster style” rap song someone referred to it as…I don’t care for that one at all and it’s the only song I skip (don’t know the name of it). But I LOVE most of the others and I am SO lucky to have a new kick ass album to enjoy! Thanks LP! Great work (again) and see you in September (again!) :slight_smile:

i so agree with you, we who became a fan in 2000 - 2008 time. I feel we love the old music better, but we are changing and gets older along with the band and the music as well. Personally i think LP will never make a better album then HT. It was therefore i became such a huge fan of them, bcuz of things in my life and stuff. And i know im not alone to think that.

Its fine for me that they change music style and stuff, bcuz life changes for us LPUers and for the band.

Why does everybody think i hate their new album? Thats not true! Get your facts straight!!

[quote=LinkinPark#1Fan][quote=TalkingToPylons]I get your point. You just have to accept other people?s opinions to have one of your own.

I cannot just slam it because I don?t feel that way, I feel Living Things is Linkin Park?s best album, but it is irrelevant as that is merely just my own view on it. I?m much more interested in what other fans think.

We do & are listening to everyone?s views & if anyone has constructive criticism for the band, I?m happy to hear it. Just because I like something doesn?t mean I?m a servant idolizer of the band, stop stereotyping please.[/quote]

Thank you - very well put. I feel the same. I am not angry if somebody slams a song or an album. It’s just a different opinion than mine, and I am free to tell my opion, too! I don’t think anyone should be afraid one bit to give their opinion - we’ve all got one! And of course they will differ. And it just so happens that I also like Living Things…alot! Many of us truly like the album, and we are not just idolizing and trying to be “perfect fans” or afraid to criticize the album or band members. I feel that those are completely ridiculous, closed minded statements. Get over it…we LIKE Living Things!! This is the only reason I would say that I like it, cause it’s how I truly feel. Duh! Yes, Hybrid Theory IS my fave…but I can TOTALLY appreciate Living Things!! And I think Mike’s singing is lovely, as is Chester’s and the music and songs are outstanding and the lyrics are totally awesome! Lies Greed Misery is my favortie (i play that one ridiculously LOUD and over and over), and Burn It Down, Lost In The Echo, Castle of Glass, Tinfoil/Powerless, Skin To Bone, Victimized, Roads Untraveled - I am enjoying most of the songs very, very much - with the exception of the “gangster style” rap song someone referred to it as…I don’t care for that one at all and it’s the only song I skip (don’t know the name of it). But I LOVE most of the others and I am SO lucky to have a new kick ass album to enjoy! Thanks LP! Great work (again) and see you in September (again!) :)[/quote]

I LIKE living things too? don’t twist my arm here