RE: Live Countdown to Pooch Chat + More

Already violating LPU copyrights LOL And do you have permission to stream movies? I don’t think so. Damn You people just don’t think straight sometimes…

Explain exactly how this is violating LPU Copyrights?

I think there are MANY MANY ways you can improve your website with creative ideas and to garner more views! Do you have a hotmail? You can add me linkingal.DinoVonDeno@hotmail.com and we can discuss?

Explain exactly how this is violating LPU Copyrights?
[/quote]
Just so You write “Images Copyright Linkin Park Underground” doesn’t mean you can use them on your website :open_mouth:

Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

This means that, since TripleXero is not making any money out of it and it is a fan site, the images and whatnot can be put on his site. Redistributing for retail purposes is infringement but this is not the case of the Linkin Park Surface. The demos on the LPS is from YouTube which automatically makes it public content. The host of the demos (the YouTube account holder) has enabled embed and since it is not taken down yet, it can be placed anywhere.

Mich, I do not think you are the one who should pinpoint who is violating what, only the owners have the right to do that. So, until the time comes in which the site will be taken down, which I do not think it will, let’s just enjoy the free services it is providing. Don’t water it down.

1 Like

[quote=ZoeLinkingal]Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

This means that, since TripleXero is not making any money out of it and it is a fan site, the images and whatnot can be put on his site. Redistributing for retail purposes is infringement but this is not the case of the Linkin Park Surface. The demos on the LPS is from YouTube which automatically makes it public content. The host of the demos (the YouTube account holder) has enabled embed and since it is not taken down yet, it can be placed anywhere.

Mich, I do not think you are the one who should pinpoint who is violating what, only the owners have the right to do that. So, until the time comes in which the site will be taken down, which I do not think it will, let’s just enjoy the free services it is providing. Don’t water it down.[/quote]

Lady Zoe, the defender of us all!! Yyyaaayyyy :smiley:

I am not a GP student for nothing! [cool] Hehehe!

1 Like

[quote=akiraFcrates][quote=ZoeLinkingal]Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

Mich, I do not think you are the one who should pinpoint who is violating what, only the owners have the right to do that. So, until the time comes in which the site will be taken down, which I do not think it will, let’s just enjoy the free services it is providing. Don’t water it down.[/quote]

Lady Zoe, the defender of us all!! Yyyaaayyyy :D[/quote]
I would say a smartass :stuck_out_tongue: If no one will react I will report this myself :slight_smile: I just don’t like people using someone else’s work. Doesn’t mean if it’s non-profit. Like I said, the website looks great but still would be even better with a self-made chat background in example

The only page that actually uses any actual Linkin Park image in the chat, which was just copied and pasted from my old website so far. Adam knows about it and is ok with it. Back when I originally made it, Schen and Dan had the same idea as you and we’re not happy one bit about the images, then Adam said it was fine. Also I looked at your website and it uses a few LinkIn Park related images

[quote=TripleXero]The only page that actually uses any actual Linkin Park image in the chat, which was just copied and pasted from my old website so far. Adam knows about it and is ok with it. Back when I originally made it, Schen and Dan had the same idea as you and we’re not happy one bit about the images, then Adam said it was fine. Also I looked at your website and it uses a few LinkIn Park related images

Mich, I don’t know what is your problem but please don’t assume everyone is your friend and is okay with you calling them a “smartass” as if it is such a jovial term. When have I ever criticised you?

[quote=ZoeLinkingal]Mich, I don’t know what is your problem but please don’t assume everyone is your friend and is okay with you calling them a “smartass” as if it is such a jovial term. When have I ever criticised you?
[/quote]
Nahh I didn’t mean to say it as a word related to “a-hole”, just as a person who is too smart :smiley:

And yeah You did criticise me in my Cancelled Order thread which has beed deleted for some reason. You’re not my friend? I wil cry now ;(

Well excuse me but I agree 100% with Mich here. Anything LPU related that’s outside of the OFFICIAL LPU site is a violation of copyright/rules and so on.

What besides the demos is on that website as an LPU exclusive? And the demos aren’t uploaded by me and are just embedded by me

What besides the demos is on that website as an LPU exclusive? And the demos aren’t uploaded by me and are just embedded by me
[/quote]
Background=scans=no copyright violations. Which LPU banner? Image link to my lpu profile? Also custom made. Main website banner also custom made. Your background is straight as it is here.

EvoOba said nothing about exclusives. What she ment was everything lpu related (that includes background but since Adam approved on that-also weird since he’s not the person to decide on that>that should be anyone from Ground(ctrl)-nevermind on that)

Talking about embedding, this is arguable since You’re still spreading it further. And it’s still an exclusive LPU content floating around, You’re just making it easier to find via Your website.

All the stuff going on before chats. Once you know how many hours of difference there are between your timezone and Pacific (Standard or Daylight) timezone, it’s no problem right? After that it’s very simple calculating…
Looking forward to the chat btw [smile]

[quote=michalangelo]
Background=scans=no copyright violations. Which LPU banner? Image link to my lpu profile? Also custom made. Main website banner also custom made. Your background is straight as it is here.

EvoOba said nothing about exclusives. What she ment was everything lpu related (that includes background but since Adam approved on that-also weird since he’s not the person to decide on that>that should be anyone from Ground(ctrl)-nevermind on that)

Talking about embedding, this is arguable since You’re still spreading it further. And it’s still an exclusive LPU content floating around, You’re just making it easier to find via Your website.[/quote]
The plain white version of This is not custom made, it is the exact same as the one on LPU, pixel for pixel

[quote=ANVANOPPENS]All the stuff going on before chats. Once you know how many hours of difference there are between your timezone and Pacific (Standard or Daylight) timezone, it’s no problem right? After that it’s very simple calculating…
Looking forward to the chat btw [smile]

Everyone just get a move on.

No one decides whether it is copyright infringement except for the owners and the authorities. We are talking about law here, it is not our cake.

So stop all the arguing, it’s looking very bad on both sides.

If you disagree with the site than no one is asking you to stay or look at the site.

ON TOPIC
Looking forward to Pooch-y’s chat! Someone commented something really funny saying Pooch should stay more than 15 mins coughBradcough < LOLS

I’m not using that file lol You might wanna check again.