Rank Post Traumatic songs

:nauseated_face: Maybe he got triggered by the cerals fart thought of yours :joy::joy:-

Edit: and I want a slap in my neck for this :hugs:

Being rude? If you’re having trouble telling if I’m being rude then I’m probably just being blunt, it’d be very obvious when I am (usually when somebody finally manages to piss me off). High and mighty? Not in my nature, unless in a trolling manner.

Ah, that’s a case of me being blunt. Straight and to the point. Why waste time typing up an enitre list when I can have fewer words accomplish the same goal?

Right and wrong in this case don’t apply.

I have a calm demenour and I get to the point, many do indeed misperceive it as rudenss. If I was to be rude, I wouldn’t hold back, it would be quite clear.

Perhaps now we can end this?

3 Likes

I hate to see people fight let’s just stop talking before it gets way out of hand

1 Like

Yeah I don’t see that with you. But whatever. I clearly crossed the line somehow and managed to ‘piss off’ people for simply wanting to see what they were into. Because I clearly do not like people’s opinions.

1 Like

I’m done.

Heeeey! What’s happening here!?
Really there’s nothing to fight/have an argument…

I’ll post my rank soon…want to listen better and over again… :smile:

1 Like

Just walk bro…
She wasn’t looking to fight neither are you,

1 Like

Take a breath and maybe work on your projects to clam down

Or just relaxing helps too

Just FYI by the way, if I dork around with you it’s because I think you’re pretty cool. In case you haven’t noticed im a clown with terrible jokes here too and I get most of your humor-you’re not the first friend I have that’s as cuckoo as you. Just thought I’d drop this here for you knowing all to well what it’s like feeling like it’s everyone against you. Most of us here probably know it too anyway, but 99% of the time I’ve learned it’s just appearances in a moment of rush. Hope you’re doing good Louise

1 Like

It’s still too early for me to rank any of the songs on the album. Right now, I see the album more as the story that Mike’s telling starting in the dark place he was in last year to therapeutically pulling himself through it.

2 Likes

Maybe later I’ll post mine.

Not sure why I was tagged here, not going to read 40+ posts. On topic, haven’t fully decided on favourites yet.

@the_termin8r. And. @intheend were dis agreeing @evooba

1 Like

Yeah, the usual sort of clash.

I decided to do my rank now… Was listening to the whole album till this morning to see well what put first… :muscle:

First of all, as I said in other threads, personally I don’t like the collaborations, I think that the same song would be better with Mike alone; I like the sound of his voice and if I want to listen other singers I want to do when I feel to…

Second thing: I expected from the beginning a different album with different style, I mean it’s not Fort Minor nor LP and that’s clearly a dedication to a missing friend and brother… every word reminds me of him… :pensive: That said honestly I think that I won’t listen the whole album in a year or more, because it’s good stuff but not completely Mike’s style and has that certain meaning of sadness and hollowness, so maybe I’ll keep listen to some songs but not all… Don’t hate me for this, it’s my honest opinion…

Ok, so my rank:

Nothing makes sense anymore: my favourite from the beginning, I like so much the words and melody
Over again
Crossing a line
Ghosts: I like it so much cause I like nights too when the world is sleeping and I find my inner peace… :blush:
Promises I can’t keep
Watching as I fall
Can’t hear you now
Hold it together
Running from my shadow: this song is really good and it would be even better with Mike alone…can’t do nothing about this feeling… :woman_shrugging:
Lift off: maybe the only collab that I like as it is lol
Worlds on fire
IOU
Place to start: here Mike shared honestly his feelings, with the phones and vid…
About you
Make it up as I go

Brooding: can’t put in the rank since it’s instrumental, but I like it very much!

3 Likes

I don’t think I can rank them just yet

I worded it wrongly. I meant to say it does a great job at setting a mood (even if it’s depressing)

Right now I can’t rank them. However, i can divide them in groups.

The great ones:
Hold It Together - instantly fell in love with this song at the pre-listening party. I even laughed at it. And this it what I believe LP are great at: creating a song that deals with one mood, accompanying it with a different set of mood of melody, which ends up making it uplifting. Like seriously, I feel like banging my head and dancing to this song, wtf.
Ghost - this one creates a very, very special mood for me. I can’t describe it. Only that it feels like there’s something in between heaven and earth.
Brooding - funny, I read you guys having difficulties on where to put an instrumental on your list. For me, the instrumentals in LP discography are very meaningful to me. Again because it’s hard to decipher exactly the mood and meaning makes it special to me. This one is absolutely one of my favorites.
Nothing Makes Sense Anymore - love the metaphors, the pattern of the song and the lack of percussions. This is absolutely a unique song.
About You - the topic is great! Especially the second verse is lit! In general the style is a huge risk to take - and the result is crazy. Like crazy. Wtf. And i end up liking it.
Promises I Can’t Keep - love the melody, love the chorus. There’s part of the lyrics I believe could be just a little bit better. Btw, those dubstep-ish woobs are greaaaaat.
Make It Up As I Go - just like I loved the balance between Kiiara and Chester, I believe this balance worked out great. Also love the many rhymes in the bridge/pre-chorus.

The EP:
I smashed the EP for half a year, so these songs are not as fresh as the rest of the album. Right now I appreciate the other songs more. But!
Place To Start - crazy vibes, love it. Im not sure whether the phone messages grew well over time or not.
Over Again - made the greatest impact on me and is definitely the best song on the album. Masterpiece.
Watching As I fall - I don’t think I ever completely understood Watching As I Fall. It’s not bad, but other than that I don’t know what to think of it.

The meh ones:
World’s On Fire - at this point the album has gone on for like an hour, so with slow track like this doesn’t really catch me. I’m also not that fond of the singing.
Crossing A Line - the vibes are good. The rythm is great. But there’s just parts of the lyrics that don’t make sense to me. Why is it that ‘I won’t like where this goes’? I don’t get the reference to a kingdom. I get the subject of the song, but the lyrics feel vague to me.
I Can’t Hear You Now - this would be a nice song for its own, but for me it doesn’t reach the high key feeling that I’d love an album to end with. You know how LP’s albums end, and I know this album is different. But look at Slip Out the Back at Fort Minor. That song is a masterpiece and evolves beautifully. This song uses the same pattern as a lot of the others, and just doesn’t get me ‘there’, although it’s catchy.

The ‘good, but…’ songs:
Lift Off - ‘you’re the opposites of stars, like rats spelled backwards’. What? Just what? This is in my opinion not rhymes that you can split atoms in half with. It’s a shame that I can’t come over this one sentence, because other than that I really like the song. The melody puts me in a scenario, where I’m flying in the starship that Shinoda is controlling. Machine Gun Kelly’s verse is damn good aswell. But… what…
I.O.U - please enter this world of music, Mike. These vibes are sick. Makes me want to witness a rap battle. Still, things could be tweaked. I don’t know exactly how. The song is close to being lit, but we’re not entirely there yet.
Running From My Shadow - I really don’t like the first few seconds. That light tune. Also the guitar riff is pretty simple. Other than that, I love the build-up, the lyrics etc.

So, Over Again is the best, while H.I.T, Ghosts, Brooding are fighting for the podium. Feel free to discuss!