Prove You Wrong + What The Words Meant

What does everyone think of the two bonus tracks?? Let’s have a poll on which you think is better.

My biggest question is which song do you think Mike is writing about in ‘What The Words Meant’?

• Prove You Wrong
  • What The Words Meant

0 voters

1 Like

I’m not a fan of either.

1 Like

I enjoyed both but in my opinion Prove You Wrong is better. Only slightly though.

I don’t think Mike is writing about a specific song in What the Words Meant. I think he is just generally singing about Chester’s music from HB through OML.

3 Likes

What the Words Meant is not about LP. It’s about another artist :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I’m in love with Prove You Wrong :heart: I like the way the song starts off so gently, almost timidly. As he gets halfway through the first verse and into the first chorus, his attitude starts to change-- the style becomes more sure-- resolved and confident in the choice that he’s made to take his career in the direction that he has.

It’s really unfathomable that people still underestimate him and his skills as a musician and artist but I’m glad we’re all still here to support him.

6 Likes

Yea I love, ‘Prove You Wrong’, I think it sounds great on Vinyl!

Def not about C.B.

I prefer to think it is about Chester though. It has more meaning to me than thinking it is about some other random artist.

I thinnk it’s kinda weird for it not to be about Chester. Then again, even when it’s not about you…

2 Likes

I’m sure that was about Chester, but it gave me a different kind of vibe than should have. :sweat:

Concerning the songs, they were OK, though I only listened to PT as many times as you can count on a finger.

1 Like

I think that Mike would be okay with us interpreting the lyrics and music in a way that suits us as individuals. Musicians typically write music in a way that is relatable without being specific, so we are able to connect with it on a more personal level :slight_smile: If you want it to be about Chester, then for you, it’s about Chester and that’s okay :heart:

2 Likes

I really love both of them, but Prove you wrong is in my opinion a little bit better and I found it sounds like a LP song​:heart::hugs:

I actually really like both songs, almost as much as the ones on the album. What The Words Meant does sound very much like Mike’s talking about Chester especially in the lyrics:

“A message spelled out in a language
That only those who’ve been there
Been there can read”

When I first heard it, I was so sure it’s about depression. But maybe it’s just me.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

Mike already said that “What The Words Meant” is about another artist he use to listen to.

Completely agree with @Cocoblu on this one. I think Mike would want the listener to decide how to interperate the lyrics, even if the song wasn’t about what we percieve it to be about. Artists generally want you to connect with a song more than understand its true meaning.

My question still stands though. Which song do you think he’s referring to? Anyone know of any artists who’s sister has passed away?

2 Likes

I have been in the dark for a while now. I have to look up these songs for I have not them.

Can we ever see the two songs released official on Spotify or somewhere else ? :pensive:

I think the beats were pretty subtle. I’m interested to know who he meant to throw that shade to.

@stephenxlp They are out on youtube:

3 Likes

Thank you :blush::blush:

1 Like