Points, 'Post Counter' and other stuff

Hey,

first I wanna thank everybody of the staff and so Linkin Park for making this happen. The site looks great so far, but there are two things I noticed that I’m not quite sure about what they are about [lol]

First, I wanna ask what these points you can earn for posting and so on can be used for. I guess something like less prices in the shop, uh ?
Second, on my (and anyone elses) profile you can see this ‘Post Counter’ that shows the number of all my (someones) posts. But this thing isn’t working, it seems like it’s not counting my posts. I just wanted to mention this, so you can fix this.
May last point is about the layout here, I would be very glad if the guys from groundctrl could try to make a better answer system in posts. Right now, it looks like just a quick-answer system and I miss a preview function and all this stuff. I also noticed that the popup for the smilies gets cut off a little if it normally would cross the border of the inner window out to the background (I hope you know what I mean).

I think we should use this thread as a collection for stuff like that, to not always create a new topic. If there already is such a thread, I’m very sorry and any mod or admin can move my post [wink]

Best regards,
Jason

Thanks for the info Jason [smile]

On the points: that is something that Ground(ctrl) automatically gave us, as part of their platform. We will not be using it here, however on other Ground(ctrl) sites, it’s used for like a “store” type thing (aka: e-currency of sorts)

As for the post count: I am not sure how the system is tallying the posts, however, I will see if HQ can find out some answers [smile]

And the smilies… I’m thinking this is just a matter of browser compatibility. Have you tried accessing the site through another browser?

And the multiple topics: We will work as best as we can to reduce the number of duplicate threads, however, it’s a losing battle… no matter what we do or say people will always just create new topics instead of searching for existing topics. But thank you for trying to make sure you didn’t post a duplicate [cool]

Thank you mate, the staff is very nice here [smile]
I also noticed some other stuff, but I think all admins and mods are going to handle this as soon as they can so I don’t wanna set you under more pressure than you are [lol]
But by the way … is there any chance to get a moderator or an admin ? I’m just interested, because when I once visitied a board that just got started it wasn’t like here, that there already had been mods … they chose them after a while. How does this work here ?

If this is too much off the topic,please excuse me.

So what’s the condition for getting the “being social” point?

[quote=KATHYxx]So what’s the condition for getting the “being social” point?
[/quote]

Everytime you comment on someones profile you get 1 “being social” point. That’s what I discovered.

Honestly, I like the fact that we don’t have a post counter. It’s a good way to avoid people from posting non sense stuff and worrying about how many posts they have.

Unfortunately that’s not been the case :confused:

Unfortunately that’s not been the case :/[/quote]

Very good point, I often read so much shit here …

[quote=wiiesel][quote=KATHYxx]So what’s the condition for getting the “being social” point?
[/quote]

Everytime you comment on someones profile you get 1 “being social” point. That’s what I discovered.[/quote]

That’s not it either. I only have one and I’ve replied more than once.

You have 11 posts.

[quote=KATHYxx][quote=wiiesel][quote=KATHYxx]So what’s the condition for getting the “being social” point?
[/quote]

Everytime you comment on someones profile you get 1 “being social” point. That’s what I discovered.[/quote]

You have 11 posts.

[quote=ANVANOPPENS][quote=KATHYxx][quote=wiiesel][quote=KATHYxx]So what’s the condition for getting the “being social” point?
[/quote]

You have 11 posts.

[quote=LinkinParkForever275][quote=ANVANOPPENS][quote=KATHYxx][quote=wiiesel][quote=KATHYxx]So what’s the condition for getting the “being social” point?
[/quote]

You have 11 posts.

I liked so much when I reached 1337 points.

Come on guys, don’t tell me you didn’t see it. There are points of authority!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=dragonlp20]Thanks for the info Jason [smile]

On the points: that is something that Ground(ctrl) automatically gave us, as part of their platform. We will not be using it here, however on other Ground(ctrl) sites, it’s used for like a “store” type thing (aka: e-currency of sorts)

As for the post count: I am not sure how the system is tallying the posts, however, I will see if HQ can find out some answers [smile]

And the smilies… I’m thinking this is just a matter of browser compatibility. Have you tried accessing the site through another browser?

And the multiple topics: We will work as best as we can to reduce the number of duplicate threads, however, it’s a losing battle… no matter what we do or say people will always just create new topics instead of searching for existing topics. But thank you for trying to make sure you didn’t post a duplicate [cool]

[quote=Isabelle-aka-chelseasw3][quote=dragonlp20]Thanks for the info Jason [smile]

[quote=Isabelle-aka-chelseasw3][quote=dragonlp20]
[/quote]
There could be an easy way to avoid double posting by creating kind of a contents page members could browse through before writing their own posts and/ or blogs.
[/quote]

As far as I know, the only “easy” way to avoid double posts is for people to check out the forums. I think (I hope) there is a search feature, however I’m not sure on that. A lot of the things here depend on what tools Ground(ctrl) gives us to work with. Sadly, I don’t think there will be an “easy” way to avoid double posts as most people do not take the time to look before they post, so even if we did have a contents page (which would be a lot more difficult than you would think) it wouldn’t work unless people actually look first.

**random idea: Where’s my FAQ thread? :stuck_out_tongue: lol I need to add that to my sig so I can get ideas on issues to address on the next mod call **