Please read my (long) story :/

(Sorry if this is boring)

I won a pair of tickets for the Bristow, VA concert from the radio station. Since I already have mine, I decided to give them to my best friend, who likes LP, but from HT and Meteora era.

FYI she’s a metal head.

For many of you, i know LP isn’t just your favorite band. We share this unconditional love for this band. I admire them so much in everything they do, and I hate when I see others dissing their hard work. Well this someone was my best friend of 6 years.

I had a final exam to study for, but they only gave out tickets that specific day. I would stop studying to listen to the radio every hour to win tickets. I finally won a pair after 6 hours trying, and I was thrilled to share the news with her. She didn’t seem all that excited, but I imagined the idea would grow on her.

Especially after I spent my last $25 on a Korn ticket (which I never liked - but I enjoyed the show) because she idolizes them. I didn’t have a job, my other friend put water in my car gas tank which cost $650 to fix, I had to get a restraining order against him, then I lost my job because I didn’t have a car, and I owed the college $800 by a few weeks, with the risk of not graduating.

But my best friend was feeling down that day and even though I would be broke the next day, I care about her a lot, so I sacrificed my gas money to go to the show with her. Only I know how it feels to be at a concert with someone that doesn’t give a flying F* about the band and makes you look retarted there by yourself… this is happened to me 2 times.

She didn’t remember this at all when two nights ago she came to ask me if she could sell the pair of LP tickets to see System of a Down. OK , I LOVE SOAD too, but it’s not that. It’s how she treats Linkin Park like it’s F* garbage. When she knows nothing about their progress and will never have the capacity of appreciating their music…

You don’t like them, you’re entitled to that opinion. But to treat it like it’s some crappy band, and diss them, disrespect me, act selfish (it’s a pair, so my other friend is going too, but she wanted to sell both), and not care at all for what I did for her in the past, it’s messed up…

Not to mention I came from a poor town in Brazil and never got the chance to see Linkin Park live. I’ve been anticipating this for a long time. I bought my ATS Tour ticket for the Washington DC concert 7 months before the show, only to find out the show was canceled due to Chester being sick :frowning: Past shows no one in my family wanted to take me, at all.

Probably one of the most exciting things happening to me right now is the new album, and I wanted to share my excitement with my best friend but she doesn’t give a crap. So much that it is even awkward to listen to it while riding in the car… My own car, that is.

I made her return the tickets to me. They’re mine, I earned them. But it sucks she won’t enjoy a great show.

sorry to hear about the issues with your best friend. I hope that all the things you vented about her here you were able to tell her in person. Maybe she wasn’t really thinking about how you were feeling. Maybe she thought it wouldn’t hurt your feelings. that was a really bad move trying to sell the tickets. But as I have learned not everyone will love Linkin Park as we do on here. For me Linkin Park is more than a band. As sad as it sounds their music helped me get through some really bad times in my life. But even though I try to spread the joy of LP to all my friends and family some just wont get it as I do . But thats ok. But they are also respectful of my love for the band as well. So I am sorry your friend didnt respond with excitiment. I am glad you asked for the ticket back, Go give it to someone to will actually enjoy and who is open to the experience :slight_smile:

That’s long story O___o
And the point is? :3

[quote=Kirley Silva](Sorry if this is boring)

I won a pair of tickets for the Bristow, VA concert from the radio station. Since I already have mine, I decided to give them to my best friend, who likes LP, but from HT and Meteora era.

FYI she’s a metal head.

For many of you, i know LP isn’t just your favorite band. We share this unconditional love for this band. I admire them so much in everything they do, and I hate when I see others dissing their hard work. Well this someone was my best friend of 6 years.

I had a final exam to study for, but they only gave out tickets that specific day. I would stop studying to listen to the radio every hour to win tickets. I finally won a pair after 6 hours trying, and I was thrilled to share the news with her. She didn’t seem all that excited, but I imagined the idea would grow on her.

Especially after I spent my last $25 on a Korn ticket (which I never liked - but I enjoyed the show) because she idolizes them. I didn’t have a job, my other friend put water in my car gas tank which cost $650 to fix, I had to get a restraining order against him, then I lost my job because I didn’t have a car, and I owed the college $800 by a few weeks, with the risk of not graduating.

But my best friend was feeling down that day and even though I would be broke the next day, I care about her a lot, so I sacrificed my gas money to go to the show with her. Only I know how it feels to be at a concert with someone that doesn’t give a flying F* about the band and makes you look retarted there by yourself… this is happened to me 2 times.

She didn’t remember this at all when two nights ago she came to ask me if she could sell the pair of LP tickets to see System of a Down. OK , I LOVE SOAD too, but it’s not that. It’s how she treats Linkin Park like it’s F* garbage. When she knows nothing about their progress and will never have the capacity of appreciating their music…

You don’t like them, you’re entitled to that opinion. But to treat it like it’s some crappy band, and diss them, disrespect me, act selfish (it’s a pair, so my other friend is going too, but she wanted to sell both), and not care at all for what I did for her in the past, it’s messed up…

Not to mention I came from a poor town in Brazil and never got the chance to see Linkin Park live. I’ve been anticipating this for a long time. I bought my ATS Tour ticket for the Washington DC concert 7 months before the show, only to find out the show was canceled due to Chester being sick :frowning: Past shows no one in my family wanted to take me, at all.

Probably one of the most exciting things happening to me right now is the new album, and I wanted to share my excitement with my best friend but she doesn’t give a crap. So much that it is even awkward to listen to it while riding in the car… My own car, that is.

I made her return the tickets to me. They’re mine, I earned them. But it sucks she won’t enjoy a great show.[/quote]
I hate people that are like, “LP sucks now. A Thousand Suns is terribble”. But if they did the same thing as before, they would critic them and says that they have to do something different.

Know dat feel, sis!
All my friends keep dissing Linkin park, when they’ve barely listened to any of the songs. I’m fine with people having an opinion about LP, but it disgusts me that they absolutely have to rub it into my face. Because I love linkin park, I love their music and everything they do, so yes, I do take it personally when i read “owww gawwd LP suxx so bad”.

And to be honest, if my best friend treated me like that, we wouldn’t be best friends for long.

My best friend, we heard Linkin for the first together in 6th grade. But for high school, we were in different schools and cities, and she just didn’t keep the same love for them. It all went to AFI, actually, haha. So for about 5 years, I went to concerts either by myself (yeah, it sucked pretty much) or with people who didn’t really like them. Around two years ago, I met a guy who LOVES them as much as I do, but I still missed my Yazzy. It wasn’t until ATS started to begin its launch, that she was reminded of our Linkin days. She got excited for them again. Once ATS was out, she was in love again and it’s been the greatest two years yet.

So, I know how upset you are. For some things, the closest person to you doesn’t share the same love for them. But that’s no reason for her to stop being your closest friend. For Linkin, you have the LPU to find people with the same love. You had every right to take back those tickets. Maybe you can donate them to someone you know hasn’t been able to afford them either, or since you’re having financial problems with crucial things like your car- by the way, I hope that other friend of yours is helping with that cost. I would ask them to take responsibility- and education, you have the right to sell the tickets you won, too, and it would not be an insult to Linkin.

Whatever you do in the end for them, just make sure it’s what YOU want to do with them. Enjoy your show, hun. It will be great (:

[quote=espltd3441][quote=Kirley Silva](Sorry if this is boring)

FYI she’s a metal head.

I made her return the tickets to me. They’re mine, I earned them. But it sucks she won’t enjoy a great show.[/quote]
I hate people that are like, “LP sucks now. A Thousand Suns is terribble”. But if they did the same thing as before, they would critic them and says that they have to do something different.

I’d be more annoyed by her thinking she has the right to sell them, rather than turn them down politely. They’re your concert tickets, not hers, so why should she profit from them?

I know how it feels to have a close friend act like a total tool at a concert, especially one you’ve been looking forward to for years. My best friend came with me to my first Linkin Park concert. My parents paid for her to come along, and it was around £50 a pop since it was Projekt Revolution. I was thrilled and headed to the venue early to get into the mosh pit. When we got there she started to act like a stroppy little kid.

Not surprising that I got pissed at her. In the end, I just forgot about her and her selfish desire to do what she wanted to do (i.e. visiting her cousins because they lived near the venue when I openly stated I wanted to queue to get to the pit) and just enjoyed myself. We got separated before Linkin Park came on, so I let things be. However, it is a massive pain to have a special shared moment thrown back in your face.

So go to your gig and let go. Just find some like minded fans at the venue. It’s simple enough. Have a great time and I hope the guys rock out loud for you.

I know by experience that going to concerts is fantastic. You don’t need to have someone by your side: try to make new friends in the line. And friends who F with friends’ fandom, are no true friends. You shouldn’t always choose Linkin Park over your other loved ones, but this is not the way to treat a friend.

The sad thing is, that some metalheads will always hate on ‘nu-metal’ and some nu-heads will never be able to let go of that particular era. Not liking some records is okay, but there are politer ways to make clear you are not into a kind of music, without hurting anyone’s feelings. Now put on that smile and look forward to that show! I’m sure you’ll have an awesome time, with or without that ‘friend’. Forget about this kid and enjoy yourself: ín the end, it doesn’t even matter. :wink:

Take care and give yourself a Meteora-moment, -Pickles

I think this girl doesn’t deserve to be your best friend or even just a friend anymore… I think that friends, especially the best friends should be tolerant to the interests of the other one even if they themselves don’t like em. That’s the case of me and my best friend - we listen different kinds of music, we like different types of guys, we dressed differently, we’ve different opinions, we’re totally different in every way and even through it we’ve so perfect friendship. It’s all about mutual love and respect. And the girl, about who you wrote this story has neither. So I think it’s time to let her go and start to look for someone else. I know it’s hard but this girl doesn’t worth for any care from you, believe me. Cause in my opinion she cares only about her own interests and doesn’t care about yours at all. So I wish you good luck and I hope you’ll find someone better then herself. And maybe you’ll find your next best friend right here, among all the people who know how do you feel. :slight_smile:

That is not right. LP aren’t just this band that we love, they are a second family. I hate when people are jerks about them and complain about their changes. Many of my friends got really annoyed with my love for LP. They all love 1D now, so now they hate me for some reason. I am very happy here. I have many friends. I don’t think your friend deserved to go.

[quote=Kaylee Shinoda]That is not right. LP aren’t just this band that we love, they are a second family. I hate when people are jerks about them and complain about their changes. Many of my friends got really annoyed with my love for LP. They all love 1D now, so now they hate me for some reason. I am very happy here. I have many friends. I don’t think your friend deserved to go.

I’m sorry you missed the ATS tour, I was at the Houston show that got rescheduled. In fact I met some pretty cool people standing in line and they were right in front of me during the pit so definitely reach out a little while in line (plus they can help you get a good spot ;)). If I were you I’d totally get those tickets back and find someone a little more deserving and someone who really wants to go to give them to. Some people don’t always appreciate the fact that going to a concert can be a big expense (specially if you’re broke).

[quote=kirley09](Sorry if this is boring)
[/quote]
kirley

this sounds like you have been through a lot lately
and i feel for you

its good you posted this and there is no need to say sorry (:
wether you vent online or to someone in real life
frustrations about dissapointments etc, should never be kept inside
people need to talk about it or else you have a big chance of becoming depressed
and thats no fun at all.

im glad about the fact she actually gave back the tickets
she could of been a bitch and actually sold them behind your back after all

and if i can be truely honest with you here
she doesnt sound like a very good friend right now, if you ask me
maybe she been your best friend for so long but sometimes people grow apart
whatever the reasons may be, perhaps that is happening with you 2 as well

either way, if you really feel upset about this i think you should talk to her
have a good and serious talk with her… after all, thats what friends are for right
if she doesnt want to talk about it or cant be botherd to be serious about this at all
i think you should consider to break up the friendship
but thats just my advice and suggestion
in the end, its your own choice , what to do with her and all

[quote=kirley09]
For many of you, i know LP isn’t just your favorite band. [/quote]
oh and FYI, linkin park IS my favourite band :slight_smile:

No offence, but I dont think she is a good friend at all.

I think your friend has issues in understanding typical etiquette and manors - which you clearly have after stating you went to see Korn with her, sacrificing so much to do so just because she was your best friend. She cant return that favour even though it requires so little to go and see a band, which again is for free. I think that asking to sell the tickets but acting like they were her own just proves the selfishness and etiquette problems she has. Perhaps she is just immature but its not right either way Sorry if it made you upset but im being as blunt as nails here and I dont know you guys - so dont take my thoughts as fact, im just an observer :stuck_out_tongue:

Heck my girlfriend wanted to see Ed Sheeran who I have grown to love but at that point in time I hated, but I went to see them because I dragged her to see a 4 hour Above & Beyond set in London - its just being polite, I went and saw Dire Straits in London last October I think it was with my friend Tom because he loved Dire Straits and no one else would go - the tickets were extortionate but im a good friend and I promised I would go. That’s sorta how im making my assumptions about your friend by comparing her actions to mine…

Anyway go and enjoy the concert and meet up with some LPU’ers - you will have a great time!

[quote=purrfect]That’s long story O___o
And the point is? :3
[/quote]

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn

Aww man, have an LPU hug from us

Some friend she is.

I went to my first lp show by myself and loved it! No one would go with me to the MTV awards one when I got tickets, went by myself, met people and had a great time…if we lived closer, I’d go to the va concert with you! I have extra la ones cuz coworker who told me to get them for him won’t pay up, We can do a swap!