Please change the website background color to Black

Hi,

As of now LPU website’s background color is white. We can save the energy if the screen is predominantly black.

Image displayed is primarily a function of the user’s color settings and desktop graphics, as well as the color and size of open application windows; a given monitor requires more power to display a white (or light) screen than a black (or dark) screen.

Source:-
http://enduse.lbl.gov/Info/LBNL-48581.pdf

In earlier versions of LPU, the background color was always dark and that was ideal. Current white background consumes more power compared to dark background. Even if the energy savings are small, they all add up when the black screen loads up on all users monitor screens.

Especially when Linkin Park has pledged to ‘Power the World’ commitment and if we can not contribute then we have to make sure that we are not wasting the power. It’s my humble request.

regards
Hardik Shah

I think it’ll all just balance out really… If the background becomes black, all the other stuff has to be changed to brighter colours.

FAIL Did You know? You can actually save power by changing your PC/LCD settings yourself…

[quote=Stefan Novak]I think it’ll all just balance out really… If the background becomes black, all the other stuff has to be changed to brighter colours.
[/quote]

Currently almost 80% of space is occupied by white color. If it becomes black then all they have to change is colors of text, banners & other stuff. Like it was in previous years of LPU.

[quote=michalangelo]FAIL Did You know? You can actually save power by changing your PC/LCD settings yourself…
[/quote]

First of all, I don’t understand this “FAIL”. Is this kind of an examination?

Anyways coming to the point, yes I know that one can save the power by reducing the brightness & contrast level of his/her monitor. But if we think up on that with broader perspective then few other questions arise.

How many members of LPU are going to do that? What about the inconvenience of low brightness & contrast on their Monitors? Instead of changing the monitor settings, if the background color is dark by default then there is no need to go through the hassle of changing a setting & we can save the power.

[quote=Hari5]

First of all, I don’t understand this “FAIL”. Is this kind of an examination?

Anyways coming to the point, yes I know that one can save the power by reducing the brightness & contrast level of his/her monitor. But if we think up on that with broader perspective then few other questions arise.

How many members of LPU are going to do that? What about the inconvenience of low brightness & contrast on their Monitors? Instead of changing the monitor settings, if the background color is dark by default then there is no need to go through the hassle of changing a setting & we can save the power.[/quote]
You seriously think that LPU will change the background? Not a chance lol We’re still waiting for forum issues/things to be solved and by far with no reply :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice intentions, but you may wish to read this:

Yeah, all this information is totally fail. New monitors actually use MORE power to show black.

“In fact in newer liquid-crystal display, or LCD, monitors white is actually slightly more energy efficient than black.” (Source)

what abt the band members in the background page ??[wink]