Photos: LP @ Jones Beach (8.15.12)

It took me a few weeks, but I finally edited and posted my photos from Linkin Park’s show at Jones Beach. The show was all reserved seating, and I was in the sixth row right in front of Brad, so I got a ton of great shots. I’ve attached some of my favorites below, and I posted the full photo set to my Flickr account. Enjoy!

Wow, really nice shots! Thank you for sharing. :slight_smile:

I discovered you flickr album and I had to love when I saw this pic. You shoul call it “Mike on a fight with his guitar” ha, ha.

beautiful pictures. thanks

Those are some really amazing photos! Awesome job = ) Really wish that I would of gone to the Jones Beach show now. Had no transportation there though sadly.

Thanks all! It was nice to leave with so many usable shots … it kept some of the concert magic alive while I was editing them over the past few weeks!

The transportation situation is just one of the L-O-N-G list of reasons that I dislike Jones Beach. It wasn’t terrible getting out there: I took the subway to the LIRR to the bus to the venue. The schedules lined up pretty well, so it took about 90 minutes total. But the same route was a little more complicated at the end of the night: It was a solid 30-40 minute wait for the bus at Jones Beach, and then another 40 minutes or so waiting for a train once we got to the LIRR station … The show ended at 11p.m., but I didn’t get home till around 2a.m. Bah!

E.T.A.: That being said, I realize that complaining to you about a three hour LP-related trip at a fairly reasonable hour surrounded by happy and generally well-mannered fellow concert-goers is kind of a ludicrous sort of thing to do so soon after your epic Summit commute! [biggrin]

[quote=imsiobhan]Thanks all! It was nice to leave with so many usable shots … it kept some of the concert magic alive while I was editing them over the past few weeks!

The transportation situation is just one of the L-O-N-G list of reasons that I dislike Jones Beach. It wasn’t terrible getting out there: I took the subway to the LIRR to the bus to the venue. The schedules lined up pretty well, so it took about 90 minutes total. But the same route was a little more complicated at the end of the night: It was a solid 30-40 minute wait for the bus at Jones Beach, and then another 40 minutes or so waiting for a train once we got to the LIRR station … The show ended at 11p.m., but I didn’t get home till around 2a.m. Bah!

E.T.A.: That being said, I realize that complaining to you about a three hour LP-related trip at a fairly reasonable hour surrounded by happy and generally well-mannered fellow concert-goers is kind of a ludicrous sort of thing to do so soon after your epic Summit commute! [biggrin]

dang! That is a nice camera. Great shots!

Great pictures! I took the same transportation route as well and it didn’t help that I was worried the concert would be cancelled due to the rain. It also didn’t help waiting in line for a half hour to get my bag after the show.

Those are fantastic!! Thank you :slight_smile:

You must be psyched that it’s so soon on the horizon! I have my license, but I’ve driven a car precisely three times in the last decade (most recently, in 2007), so I consider myself a non-driver these days. It’s definitely more essential when you live outside the city, though!

It’s a Leica D-Lux 5, and it’s a great concert camera: It’s got about as fast a lens as you’ll find in a camera that size, and it can operate in full manual mode. Photo quality is best at 90mm or less, and I really wouldn’t even recommend attempting to zoom closer than 120mm, but that seems to be the case with any small-form, fixed-lens camera. But yeah, if anyone’s on the market for a good concert camera, I’d recommend the Leica D-Lux 5 or the Panasonic LX5 (which has the same guts, but doesn’t come with professional editing software, so is much cheaper)!

So the bag check is a nightmare there, too? Yet another reason to dislike Jones Beach!!! Grr!!! And yeah, the rain was killing me! The sun had just come out in the city when my train popped above ground in Queens, but then we drove back right into the rain! It was kind of Mother Nature to cut the rain right when LP came on stage, though!

And thank you, too! [smile]

You must be psyched that it’s so soon on the horizon! I have my license, but I’ve driven a car precisely three times in the last decade (most recently, in 2007), so I consider myself a non-driver these days. It’s definitely more essential when you live outside the city, though![/quote]
Ohh trust me I’m really excited! lol Yeah New York has an abundance of public transportation and its actually pretty decent. Not the case in New Jersey. You have to drive in order to get anywhere here!

wow your pictures are amazing!!! thank you for sharing!! [biggrin]

[quote=imsiobhan]
[/quote]

Chaz: Grrr!

xD

Your photos are really really awesome!! Good quality!