One More Light Cover by Grade 8 Student

Love this song. Please check out this cover by a former student of mine: (https://youtu.be/rMCgSyHHDDg) Apologies for the poor recording equipment/quality.

8 Likes

Hey, welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:
That’s incredible for anyone much less an 8th grader :sweat_smile:
Very pretty voice and liked how she made the song hers and not just a full on cover :slightly_smiling_face:
Very talented kid :+1:t3:

On a side note, if it’s a given assignment, thank you for giving the kids songs like these :star_struck: lol

3 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to check it out, and for the kind words. As I’m not a vocalist, my hook is arranging pop/more contemporary music to engage kids. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the singer. Cheers!

3 Likes

If you’re at all inclined, please check out some of the other videos on that youtube channel: mrphimusic - would post the url, but I don’t want to be disrespectful to the spirit of the forum.

Yeah I’ll check it out :slightly_smiling_face:
Any support they get is probably a boost to their interest :grin:
Thanks for keeping the place neat too

Yes Maddie! Great song choice and a lovely voice. She really did the song justice with heartfelt honesty. I think all audiences appreciate honesty in a singer and she portrayed the meaning of the song exceptionally well. Thanks for sharing @cellofellow always lovely to see Linkin Park songs still being enjoyed and loved.

2 Likes

Hey @cellofellow
Welcome to the forum! :wave:
And really thank you for sharing!
Great feelings!
Love it!
:heart:

3 Likes

Heyyy ! Welcome to the LPU forum.
I love her voice! :grin: Thank’s for sharing!

2 Likes

Hope you dont mind if i leave this here

The Band

@jabinquaken
@the_termin8r
@gatsie
@AJ_7
@rickvanmeijel
@NickGr
@NoireXJasper
@Honey8
@framos1792
@theearlywalker

5 Likes

I know that you posted this ages ago, but I’ve had difficulties getting back tin, and I only just re-registered. I didn’t mind your post at all - I’ve been a fan of the One Voice Children’s Choir for quite some time. If only all children’s choirs had access to the same resources/equipment as One Voice…

2 Likes