OML Verified Fan Presale Concerns

This interpretation was some version of what I expected by that blurb, and that thought was further solidified by the difference in times that LPU members and Verified Fan/Group 1 participants were, according to ticketmaster.com, going to receive access to presale. Then they changed the rules…

And please if you can shoot them an email on my behalf I ill really appreciate!

1 Like

I got the email with final spot, they just ignored all my previous emails

I just emailed them
Ill let you know if they respond.

1 Like

I have been a LPU Member (Legacy) for years and have supported the band since the beginning. I have paid my annual dues and feel that I have been screwed by this contest. Just send me my Pre-Sale Code and let me log onto Ticketmaster at the designated time for LPU Members so I can get my tickets. If the band wants to ensure their fans get the tickets do like Iron Maiden, RUSH, U2 and other bands have done and link the ticket to a credit card for access to the show. All this signing up for 3rd party sites is just BS ! I myself read that us LPU Members have priority and really didn’t have to worry and that we would get a chance to get our tickets when they first go on sale. I was just informed that I am in Group 2, thanks a lot ! Hopefully I can log in at the first sale time but if I cannot well my days with this is over.

2 Likes

Regarding the LPU members first thing, not to be taken as 100% fact, but what I think is happening:

I seriously think they should have separated each category and tell us how many “points” you get. Like referrals who just registered but didn’t go through registering for ticketmaster gets lower points, then people who registered both gives you more points. This way people could still get points for both type of referrals. Right now it just seems like who ever bought the most, gets higher ranking.

3 Likes

OP, I don’t understand, I’m looking at ticketmaster right now:

Linkin Park Verified Fan Presale
Start: Tue 05/09/17 10:00 am PDT
End: Thu 05/11/17 10:00 pm PDT

Linkin Park VIP Presale
Start: Wed 05/10/17 10:00 am PDT
End: Thu 05/11/17 10:00 pm PDT

Linkin Park Verified Fan VIP Presale
Start: Tue 05/09/17 10:00 am PDT
End: Wed 05/10/17 09:59 am PDT

Assuming VIP is LPU, verified fans ARE getting priority. A whole day.

1 Like

That isn’t what the website originally showed, silverlighted. When the contest began, and until it ended, that same page showed a very different breakdown, with Group 1 presale beginning at 9 AM and LPU presale beginning at 10 AM. They changed it after the contest ended.

VIP is more likely VIP ticket packages. These Verified Fan presales include them often. A similar contest was just run for Depeche Mode, and those shows included VIP ticket packages which had their own category and on-sale times.

I know you were talking about the 9am switcheroo, but if VIP were LPU, then your concerns about your losing your advantage doesn’t make sense.

BUT, as your example indicates, if VIP is…VIP, lol, then yeah, I see your concern. This whole thing actually got me massively confused (hell, I didn’t even realize we were meant to “preregister” until like days after we got that email XP).

So I guess the question is, well you’ve asked it already

Is there anything that indicates if being LPU does anything at all? (other than boost your verified fan status of course).
Cause we all got special links, and we’re gonna get codes to buy the tickets tomorrow/this morning. I would assume if you hadn’t preregistered, you can’t get into the system. I hope anyways. 0.0 Anywho, good luck, we got like less than 8 hours until we see what happens.

Yes, I have experienced same issues. My spot changed after 5:00 PMT. I was #5 in Charlotte, NC at 5:00 PMT and after rechecking again at 8:00 PMT I slipped to #6 and then placed in #4. I emailed Strobe Labs late yesterday about not receiving code. I was told “hold tight we are very busy and will send out later today”. I received the same email from Saturday last night at 9:23 PMT. Finally 51 minutes ago I received a link with code. However, it says tickets can be purchased at 1:00 pm, this is same time as everyone else with a presale code from LPU. I wasted my time, energy, and money to have an hour advantage over regular presale. I am disappointed and will not participate in Strobe Labs or #verified Ticketmaster contests. I was better served by LPU membership. LPU members should be warned against these contests with Strobe Labs and Ticketmaster.
I’m sorry to say we have been dooped.

3 Likes

It appears my fears have been realized: http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/48ovkh?ac_link=ntm_LinkinPark2017_merchslot_vip

In the case of my venue, with no pit, I would have to buy a front-row VIP ticket package to get the best seat in the house, rendering all the effort I just put into that contest as completely useless.

I’m devastated.

1 Like

I’m very sorry! I think most fans are feeling same way and are in same boats. Good luck!

Not to add fuel to the fire, and I know not everyone uses twitter but:

Pretty sure the “Lpu first” thing is a bit false lol

Technically we were first, just first with other as well, lol.

New LPU member here. I reached #2 for my city; how/when do I receive information on meeting them?

I made a thread for that very question. Seems like no one really knows.

Didn’t they say on another thread that we would be hearing from them in the coming days?

:frowning: well at least you still have the best seats aside from those, sorry dude

Also, meant to send this days ago but…new user restrictions on commenting 0.0