OML Verified Fan Presale Concerns

Pretty sure the “Lpu first” thing is a bit false lol

Technically we were first, just first with other as well, lol.

New LPU member here. I reached #2 for my city; how/when do I receive information on meeting them?

I made a thread for that very question. Seems like no one really knows.

Didn’t they say on another thread that we would be hearing from them in the coming days?

:frowning: well at least you still have the best seats aside from those, sorry dude

Also, meant to send this days ago but…new user restrictions on commenting 0.0

Yeah, but that could mean anything tbh. They’re being pretty vague.

True, well they said in the coming days. It’s still so nerve racking waiting to hear lol.

Yes, this is it exactly as far as how LPU counted.

Strobe doesn’t handle the meet and greet. The band gets your info then emails you regarding it. That’s how it was handled for the DM winners, I understand. I was, alas, not a winner there either.

Ugh the struggle is so real !!! We bought Pit tickets in which case I don’t mind losing my spot near barracaid as long as the I get to meet them and sign a Cd #Lifegoals

I’m sure that to LP and DM the Strobe presale looked great on paper.
Ticketmaster had an extremely difficult time managing the presale for DM. It was admittedly partly their fault as far as how poorly the presale worked there. Several people had difficulty getting Ticketmaster to load at all once they put in their code. The groups also seemed to mesh together oddly for certain cities rather than letting in new people every half hour as was supposed to happen.
From my understanding of it, if an LPU member didn’t at least verify then they didn’t get a code at all. I may be wrong but I’m sure there are people who are technically still active who won’t be seeing the band or who no longer participate in LP fandom at all. People drop off here and there, move, die, etc. Therefore, to solidify any spot at all, I believe that you had to verify. How many people were in each group was determined by how many people were registered for that show. It broke down to percentages.
I hit the same wall with the pricing for the DM shows: very, very, very few got normally priced decent seats. Almost everything available was several hundred dollars (without meet and greets). So not only did most of group one, let alone the other groups, get really screwed with the DM presale. People are still bitter.
There were murmurings about a class action lawsuit from DM fans. I doubt anyone will actually do it.
Regarding having to buy a VIP ticket. . . yeah, that looks like almost the only was to get a good seat for this or DM’s tour. However, when you’re contacted by LP for the Strobe meet and greet, if you purchased one with your ticket then I’d ask them about gifting the Strobe one to the next person in line. Then they can bump #3’s prize to #6. Unless they’d let you “gift” it to someone else entirely like someone you’re going with. It’s possible that they wouldn’t do this in case someone would “sell” their win.
Regarding these prices, I honestly feel that you should be able to get a seat at face value and then if you want to separately purchase a VIP to go with that seat then you should be able to do that. However, this current pricing does force people who want good seats into shelling out a lot of money if they’re adamant on getting the very best seat.