October Evans - Official Topic Thread

Hey @octoberevansmusic
To your song “crazy / beautiful post traumatic depression”

First I read it till

I stopped then and there, too much Chester.
Few days later I read again, everything this time. Afterwards I thought, no, not my song.
But I have to give you this, the lyrics stuck with me.
And finally I know what is bothering me.
It is a strong, hatfull, blaming song.
Totally okay as expression of your feelings and your massage.
But to tie it with Chesters quote, for me just wrong.

Granted, the quote is inspired by Chester’s statement in a interview before his demise, and whilst I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree with you about using it a bit, it’s really about spreading awareness about Depression and C-PTSD, a broken mental health system and how it’s time to fight back and try to reclaim our mental health again and be able to get actual treatments in the revolution.

One of the important things about using that particular quote for a song was to educate people on Chester’s suicide and depression and to also tell a story of all the mental health survivors, myself included, and I really felt that everyone would actually relate to it. I understand your concerns and thoughts of using the quote as potentially wrong, but it does shed a bit of a better light to try to point out that we’re all struggling and this quote truly can empathize with the struggles we all face and that it’s time to fucking rise up against the broken system and have a mental health revolution.

I apologize if it was a bit triggering for you as well using the quote, but I really hope to try to use it to at least say, “Hey! What’s wrong with this picture here? Can y’all pay some fucking attention and actually fix our broken mental health system and give us universal healthcare for all people before it’s too late and that there will be more blood on your hands?!” - it would resonate even with politicians and they will be forced to listen to all their voters instead of Big Pharma and finally realize this song and the quote itself is the rude awakening this country’s mental health providers desperately needs right now to fight back and fight for the voiceless and the silenced.

Hey, y’all - sorry for the silence in here. I’ve been away in the studio, and also dealing with some personal issues/life crises as of late, but not to worry - everything is going as planned, and @StephLP18 - I got your email and will be following up to send you some rough demo tracks of the song you wanted me to work on. Hope you’ll enjoy it when it comes in the inbox soon.

That being said, please don’t forget to subscribe to my official mailing list by visiting my official website and going to the home page to subscribe for more updates and news.

It’s been a rough few weeks, and I’ve had to deal with very horrible cyber bullies who targeted me and creepy anon trolls. But fret not - I’m not gonna let them break me and tear me down.

Namaste and One Love,
October.

https://octoberevans.com

1 Like

Nice!! :muscle: :hugs:

1 Like

Been a while - hope everyone is having a good time lately. I’m going to be posting some new updates on the official website, and will be adding some new features coming your way soon.

https://octoberevans.com

Wow your lyrics are quite good.

1 Like

thanks.

Also, there’s been some bad news regarding the website, but not to fear - I was able to create a temporary website in the meantime. You can all visit the website at http://octoberevansmusic.com until further notice.