New Sub Forum

Would it be possible to have a sub-forum for all LP related things? Right now it would go in with all the random threads, which seems a wrong for my OCD.

1 Like

Yes just like the former forums: albums, underground, events, high command, serious etc. which was pretty much organised

[quote=Aditya_the_warrior_within]Yes just like the former forums: albums, underground, events, high command, serious etc. which was pretty much organised
[/quote]

So, i think right now the Linkin Park forum is with the LP Underground forum so you would put either topic in that forum. I think i would agree with Bob and give Linkin Park their own separate forum apart from the LP Underground. Other than that, no more forums!

If you remember, all of those other forums back in vbulletin days were really dead. Making too many branches kills off discussions, and I think its because people like to stick with just one forum because its less clicking. I really think one more forum (exclusively for LP) will do and then no more because it will just stagnate the whole board.

I remember a thread would do really well in the old ā€œThe Bandā€ forum but then it would be moved to its proper forum, where nobody would post in it anymore.

High command was renamed to the back room. We still have that forum.

And then thereā€™s the NIng site. THat one had a lot of forums too, and its dead. But i also think the ning forums are dead because nobody is merging and deleting threads that are duplicate or donā€™t belong.

1 Like

oh Bob meant that way - segregating ā€˜lpā€™ and ā€˜lpuā€™ related stuff. I misunderstood. Well yes I agree with you on that, people mostly posted in the band section and further dividing did kill discussions. But I do wish that sub-forum for serious debates also be made, doesnā€™t fir creating such threads in the back room as said it would just be a cluster of threads in one

Yes Kathy, you are mostly right about thisā€¦ We are doing the best we can to take care of the duplicate threads, however, the ning system will not allow us to merge, so we either keep all threads, or delete the duplicates.

1 Like

Alsoā€¦ I am thinking that the Ground(ctrl) forum set-up will not allow for sub-forumsā€¦ I should find out more info about this whole new set-up later today

1 Like

Well by sub-forum, I mean we have the ā€œForumā€ (i.e. index page), and then the sub-forums:

LP Underground
LPU Events
The Back Room etc.

We can add a ā€œLinkin Parkā€ sub-forum, here for the sake of my sanity :slight_smile:

so, like at the top here where it says: [quote]Home/Forum/Site Feedback/New Sub Forum[/quote] youā€™d want it to say [quote]Home/Forum/Linkin Park/Topic[/quote]

Well by sub-forum, I mean we have the ā€œForumā€ (i.e. index page), and then the sub-forums:

LP Underground
LPU Events
The Back Room etc.

We can add a ā€œLinkin Parkā€ sub-forum, here for the sake of my sanity :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=dragonlp20]

Yes please :slight_smile:

1 Like