New, hi, havin a hard time lately

Hey,
Hate to age myself but I’ve been a LP fan since they 1st came out. Was in hs which wasn’t so wonderful as the horror of middle school followed. It eventually got better over the years, not much, until I met my husband. However my depression and anxiety have remained. I have a slew of medical conditions and almost died last year due to one of them. Still haven’t fully recovered.
As with most if not all, Chester’s death hit me hard. And then one of my best friends did the same thing less than 2 months later. Then a little over a year later, his younger brother did the same. I was so upset, couldn’t get away from it. 3 of my favorite musicians and 2 friends.
Thankfully, we still have Mike… love his album… and the rest of the guys. Anyway, that’s all for now. Ttyl. Thx.

12 Likes

You know you could always talk here we are here for you and we care
Hope everything gets better for you take care
And thanks for sharing

3 Likes

Welcome to lpu hope to hear from you again

1 Like

I am really sorry to hear that @lplove , and welcome to are family and here you’re never alone

3 Likes

Hey you,

Thank you for sharing with us und welcome! :hugs:
Here is a great place to strand, meet cracy, loving, listening lunatics :crazy_face: and to find a home.
So, feel free to be as you are!:heart:

4 Likes

Welcome to the message boards! Enjoy your stay, I’m happy you’re still here to share your story!

3 Likes

You’re the perfect age in my eyes. I’ve also been a fan since they first came out and we’re lucky to have had such great musical influences growing up. I find it hard to find a similar sound and the emotional honesty that Chester gave, and of course the whole LP members who wrote the songs and music! Everything about them remains unique.

I don’t think depression has a cure and anxiety is its nasty side effect. I’m not even sure if medication is a real long-term solution. I always feel like perhaps we are all missing something that can’t be filled with what society has created for itself. Machines, technology, fast food, destructive selfishness and above all hatred. We are living in a way that fails to fulfill us because we take a lot and give back very little. In fact, we often think that we are owed more. Be it money, love, fame or even social belonging. In fact, we will not all be so fortune to have some of those things, let alone all. And even then they may not last.

We can learn a lot from Chester. He was honest. In many ways, we always knew he was a flight risk (to put it bluntly). In fact, if it wasn’t for LP I believe he wouldn’t have survived as long as he did. Yet we are left to wonder, as someone who appeared to have a lot of those things I mentioned above, and was obviously very well loved and admired, talented, kind, thoughtful, even he couldn’t find a way to combat the fatal habits he had leaned on for so long.

So can we change, truly? Probably not because there is no cure to sadness. Not really. It is something we have to fight everyday, every hour, every minute. There are always times when we wish to give up or can’t find a way through. But, perhaps there are ways we can all become a better society by changing the way we think and the way we act. If doesn’t have to be big, but even talking to someone about how you feel is putting yourself on a new path. And keep talking, don’t ever stop.

Kill the silence, not the light.

8 Likes

:thinking: yes :thinking:
You work at it constantly…winning little battles until your mentality shifts :thinking:
That’s my opinion I guess…it’s kind of…troubling to think there’s no control in my view…
A lot has to work your way I agree but even a small shift in thought can change who you are

This

Not this lol

Stop contradicting yourself! Lol no silence, even speaking stupidity brings moments of epiphany where you’re like: oh I just said that? Hmmm that’s trueeee… then you see the light haha

4 Likes

Hey, I like the saying ‘kill the silence’ i.e. by talking! It’s memorable and bold. Smash that silence to smithereens! Punch the silence. Destroy it. I’m sure it’ll be trending someday then you’ll be sorry :stuck_out_tongue:
Hm, I might have to write a short story with that title :thinking:

I’d love to say yes we can change, but the reality tells me different. We can fight the negativity but life will eventually trigger those feelings and old behaviours, no matter how hard we’ve tried. I was talking about Chester there. As I say it’s a constant battle, you’ll be fighting until the day you die. The trick is never stop.

4 Likes

Sigh. You’re probably right.

But I way more prefer @framos1792 view :grin:

3 Likes

He’s young. His view will change. Sadly!

3 Likes

:joy::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Welcome to the LPU Forum. I’m sorry for what you went through these last years. Like others already said, there will always be someone for you here if you need to talk or just having a good time.

And like you said, we have Mike. I hope he’s going on good projects on the next month or next year! :blush:

3 Likes

Yeah to this one! :tada:

2 Likes

Hey you called me master :smiling_imp:
I am wise beyond my years muahahahaha

Not if I can piggyback off your fame :rofl:

Life triggers us but it’s up to us to learn to react to things differently
If that changes, then so does the outcome…
but yeah, I agree on the never stop churning and grinding, that’s the trick, not getting complacent with things… you learn that the hard way

Ps I miss your green dot :confused: it was easily recognizable
Now I’m all kinds of confused thinking you’re the fish :woozy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Dang! First Rob then you! :exploding_head:
Guys can be so cruel!

Love your avatar @zanybelle ! Nothing like the fishs :hugs:

3 Likes

Wow, wasn’t expecting such a reply but THANK YOU! Perfect age, lol, you’re sweet. Agreed, there was nothing similar to the entirety of LP at that time. Oh for sure the band kept him on the planet for much more than he anticipated… esp Mike. I don’t believe I’ve seen such a tighter bromance since, I don’t even know. No one can truly change, habits… maybe. Circle of friends, def.

I like that: kill the silence, not the light.

Thx again.

5 Likes

How cruel if I’m complimenting her old one and the fact it was a pleasure to recognize her instantly? :thinking: lol
Not that the posts don’t scream out zany :joy:

3 Likes

I like your opinion and yes, a lot does have to work in your favor… never does in my case. :confused: Thus why I’ve decided to go back to therapy. A journal just isn’t doing the job anymore and my plates keeps getting more and more added to it daily.
Thx. :slightly_smiling_face:

Lol, you go write that short story!
Thx for the laugh.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like