My LP sob story

Been an LP fan since I first heard One Step Closer back in 99 or 2000. Been a lifetime ago. I joined the Army and went to Germany in the summer of 2001. My roommate, girlfriend, and I were all huge fans and found out they would be playing in Munich, Germany in October 2001. So as soon as we could we scored our tickets and made arrangements to have a 4 day pass that weekend.

Sept 11th happened and we got stuck on guard duty for the next 4 months. Ever since then I have never been in the same city or near an LP concert. Hopefully this summer in Dallas I’ll get my first LP concert; 12 years later. The new song sounds bad ass and you guys have yet to disappointed me. Keep it going LP.

Same here bro… Almost.
Been a fan since i Heard their album x-mas 99. I was like 7. Been listening and paying attention to EVERYTHING they do. Being so young i couldn’t really go to their concerts, then they stopped touring in the states for a while. Then, They finally came back and i was stoked, They were coming to Chicago and I was ready to buy tickets. Then, because of my Tech School and Basic Training schedule, i couldn’t go to the Chi-town show. A month or so later they were coming to Dallas and Houston (I was stationed in San Anotonio for Tech school at the time). Once again i was excited. Come to find out both shows were on Weekedays, Tuesday and Thursday. But we had to report for accountability by 9… So i was S.O.L. There.
Now, i’m already set in stone for the show in Indianapolois, and the day before that show they’re in chicago, I’m looking to make up for lost time and go to both shows on back-to-back days. :smiley:

Wow, sorry for the terrible luck on both of you! LP plays an amazing concert. I hope you both can go this year! I’m wondering if I will be going this year because the tickets are a little bit pricey. I’ve seen them 4 times already, but I don’t think I could ever miss another show of theirs in my state!

Yes, hopefully you get to go see linkin park live because they are undoubtedly the best concert you could go to! Chester’s voice is flawless throughout the whole concert and there is so much crowd involvement. I am growing with the band each year and i definitely can’t miss any concerts in my state. I could not get enough last year… i even went to las vegas when they added some last minute US stops on their "a thousand suns’ tour !!!

Wowwww, Nate and Nick I hope you guys have an AWESOME time at your shows!!

that a long time not to see LP

Yea, Unfortunately the military sees it as “Service Before Self.” And both are prime examples of that. But this year there’s not exceptions! I actually just found out a buddy’s wedding is the same day as my show… Too bad. They live across the street and i see em everyday. lmao

Yea, Unfortunately the military sees it as “Service Before Self.” And both are prime examples of that. But this year there’s not exceptions! I actually just found out a buddy’s wedding is the same day as my show… Too bad. They live across the street and i see em everyday. lmao[/quote]

Im happy for you !!! you ca finally see them !! = ] they are great live , the absolute best!!! hope you have as much fun as I had during my first concert. They arent coming to NYC this year but im going to NJ and CT to see them = ]

Nothing to add :slight_smile:

[quote=nate A.]Been an LP fan since I first heard One Step Closer back in 99 or 2000. Been a lifetime ago. I joined the Army and went to Germany in the summer of 2001. My roommate, girlfriend, and I were all huge fans and found out they would be playing in Munich, Germany in October 2001. So as soon as we could we scored our tickets and made arrangements to have a 4 day pass that weekend.

Sept 11th happened and we got stuck on guard duty for the next 4 months. Ever since then I have never been in the same city or near an LP concert. Hopefully this summer in Dallas I’ll get my first LP concert; 12 years later. The new song sounds bad ass and you guys have yet to disappointed me. Keep it going LP.[/quote]

i have a similar story, i too was in germany at the time in the army. I had tickets for that concert as well, but because of 9/11 i wasnt able to go. I was lucky and got to see them at Rock am Ring earlier that year and couldnt wait to see them again.
I ended up getting out in 2004 and saw them on Singles awareness day in Tacoma, and wow so cool.
Nate enjoy the show, and from one vet to another, thanks.

[quote]= i have a similar story, i too was in germany at the time in the army. I had tickets for that concert as well, but because of 9/11 i wasnt able to go. I was lucky and got to see them at Rock am Ring earlier that year and couldnt wait to see them again.
I ended up getting out in 2004 and saw them on Singles awareness day in Tacoma, and wow so cool.
Nate enjoy the show, and from one vet to another, thanks.
[/quote]

Some cool people here, I am a bit surprised to be honest. Thanks for replying. Unfortunately this is going to be another year I’ll miss them. My wife’s turn to get deployed and we will be in Washington when they are in Texas and we’ll be in Texas when they are in Washington. I can’t catch a break. I just wish we were in a position to just up and go to these things. So is life I suppose. Enjoy your shows everyone and thank you all again for reading my rant(s).

Nate

Got a sob story, too, nothing to do with military though. For years, I couldn’t manage to go to one LP show. First I had an issue with my back, so that I couldn’t stand for a long time for about three years. Then my mom had a heart attack during a surgery, so that, of course, caring for her was more important than a concert. The only year that i could actually see a show, even had someone with a car to go with me (luxury!), was in 2011. What happened? They surprisingly didn’t play in a city close to me (Cologne, Düsseldorf, Dortmund). Actually they almost made like a wiiide circle around the area I live, and I couldn’t affort travelling to Hamburg or Berlin.
To be honest, the touring phase is always connected to a lot of frustration on my side, when everybody else is going crazy for joy, so bad that I almost dread it. Still, I have high hopes for fall/winter 2012 or 2013. Even though we’ve never made it to a concert so far, we can always be sure that Linkin Park will come back. People in other countries don’t have that advantage!

Last August I was able to go to the Vegas show. While I was in line I met a guy that sounded a lot like you guys. He had been a fan since he was a kid but had never seen them. Right out of high school he joined the Marines and was immediately deployed. Every time LP toured between then and last August he had been deployed (he had been on four combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan). One of the security guards heard his story and moved him and his girlfriend to the VIP line so he ended up front and center for the show. I tried to give him my M&G but he didn’t want to lose that prime spot (dont’ really blame him). Never saw him again after that but I was pretty happy he got to see them finally.

That is pretty awesome.

At first I was too young when their first two albums came out. Then I was at boarding school in India for many years. In 2008 I finally got a chance to go see them! I was sooo excited. My friend and I drove an hour and a half to see them in Albuquerque, NM. We drove up to the gate of the stadium, super psyched, and saw a sign saying the show was canceled. Chester had tracheobronchitis. What a sad day that was. We drove home defeated, listening to LP records. After that I never had an opportunity to go. This year though I’m hoping to make it to the Colorado or Dallas shows. Them and Incubus and Mutemath, 3 of my favorite bands! It will be awesome.

Damn that sucks. Similar thing happened to me back in like 96’ with the Smashing pumpkins. I know how it feels, hope you get a chance this year.

You deserve an meet and greet too.

Nate and Nick I wish you could see them perform live, its like a drug. I swear I’ve seen them 8 times (will be 9th in August for the Mohegan Sun show) and its just gets better. Good luck on scoring tixs.

Good things come to those who wait!

Hope you get to see them live soon! Thank you for serving our country! :slight_smile:

I am really glad you get to see them finally!

I have also been a fan since I heard One Step Closer. I was 12. I live in the Prairies in Canada and they never come out this way. This tour I said to myself I am going to see them no matter what. I was assuming I would have to make the trip to California or something. When I checking dates to my suprise they are playing three shows in Western Canada! Wooo hooo! I was so excited I honestly called like 6 people to tell them how happy I was. I called my brother and he said “Elka, we can talk about this when you calm down a little more.”