My dear friend Tinychat

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I’ve heard it from many of you… Tinychat doesn’t seem to like us LPUers very much. I usually don’t have many problems (except on band-chat-days. NO, not because there are too many people in chat but also hours ago, when there’s only around 20 people.

To be able to take part in the Rob chat on January 31 went to chat SIX hours before the scheduled date, just to be sure. However, the chat room greeted me with a friendly “Connection failed! We weren’t able to connect to the chat room. Please check your connection and try again.” (I already know this phrase by heart, haha -.-

However, there were still six hours left to get me in.
I tried different browsers, namely Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari.
I checked if I had the latest version of the Flash Player (I had.)
I re-installed Chrome.
I logged in to the tinychat-homepage before going to the chat room.
I logged in to lp.com before going to the chat room.
I asked some fellow LPUers to give me their log-in dates (you are awesome, guys!!!). Same result, even THEY could log in to the chat without problems.
I gave one of them MY dates and she ould log in AND enter the chat room without problems.
I deactivated my firewall and antivirus.
I deleted all the cookies. Several times.
I shut down the PC.
I prayed.
Yes, of course I refreshed my browser. 6574893028475 times, to be precise.
Finally I wrote a mail to the tinychat support, explaining my problem and what I already did AND that it is a members-only chat. In the first answer they wanted the exact name of the chat room. In the second answer they wanted the URL. I gave them both, explaining repeatedly that one has to be a LPU-member in order to access the chat. After that, I never heard anything anymore, even though I wrote two more mails to ask whether they’d found a solution.
I even tried to contact Adam via twitter, without results. But hey, Adam has a lot of stuff to do, probably gets about millions of tweets every day. But I was desperate.

Three days have passed since that fateful day, since then I haven’t been able to enter the LPU-chat.
Are there more like me who have gone through similar/the same? Maybe someone even has a hint what to do? At least I wouldn’t feel so alone and excluded anymore :slight_smile:

NOTE: On that day I experienced once more how awesome the LPU is: I got tips and hints from so many people without even asking, someone made screenshots just for me, two of my friends kept me updated via facebook-chat while chatting with Rob simultaneously, I was invited to skype where one of the people in the chat streamed it (he got banned from chat later and the connection was really bad, but it’s the good intention that matters), and, of course, the next day I found a video of the chat.
THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

too much reading D;

Shorter version:

Can’t log in to the LPU chat anymore. Tried everything. Are there more like me? Some ideas?

:wink:

Ouch that really sucks, Good thing, I’m recording everything, and the LPUHQ will upload it right here.

And I’ll try browse the web for some answers, If I got something I’ll get back to you :slight_smile:

OMG u did a ton :((( What a shame it didnt work :frowning: cant believe it
I have never had problems :smiley:

[quote=intheend]too much reading D;

FINALLY!!! I had the exact same problem with you last year (LPUX). Kept me out of the chat the whole year hoping LPU11 will change things. To tell the truth, first it did. I was in again and everything seemed to be working properly. Then on Monday this problem occurred: I could log in the chat just fine and see everyone and everything BUT I couldn’t type in for some reason. Still have that problem.

Hey everyone :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the answers!
My story found to an unexpected, mysterious end: I went home to my parents because I have holidays now. I took my laptop with me. I tried to enter the chat room there… AND IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY! O__O
Same PC, same browser, same everything - just my parents’ Wi-Fi instead of the LAN in my student flat. Kinda strange, considering that the chat worked with the LAN in the past.

Well, there’s some things people will never be able to understand :smiley:

[quote=ParkSan]Hey everyone :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the answers!
My story found to an unexpected, mysterious end: I went home to my parents because I have holidays now. I took my laptop with me. I tried to enter the chat room there… AND IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY! O__O
Same PC, same browser, same everything - just my parents’ Wi-Fi instead of the LAN in my student flat. Kinda strange, considering that the chat worked with the LAN in the past.

Well, there’s some things people will never be able to understand :smiley:

Same problem, and i guess its from ISP or from the server it self.
Hope LPU change to something else that works for everyone without problem.

Huh, sucks that it isn’t working D: it used to not work for me, but ever since I got LPU11 I’ve been getting into the chat just fine. Don’t know what to tell you…:confused: