My 1st pit experience at the Woodlands, 8/28

Hello All! I couldnt let another day go by without ranting about this so here goes. I was lucky enough to acquire some pit tickets for the Houston Texas show and I must say I was absolutely floored (no pun intended) LMAO! It got pretty hot in the pit but it was all good because its the best possible experience to get at a concert. Whenever Linkin Park or Incubus comes, I’ll be making sure to get pit tickets because theres is no other experience like it. I initially didnt know what I was getting myself into, but I felt that you only live once, so therefore I wanted to recieve the best experience possible and thats exactly what I got!!! Mutemath got the crowd warmed up pretty good especially with the drummist who was absolutely flawless with his drum playing. During Incubus’s run, Brandon had the crowd in the palm of his hands with his melodic voice. Then he messed up by accidentally saying “THANK YOU, DALLAS!” lol! I really couldve cared less but he quickly apoligized to the crowd and said, “This isnt the only time I forgot a name. I can remember accidentally saying the wrong woman’s name while having sex”. The crowd started laughing of course and the girls were screaming their heads off. The most captivating time during Incubus’s run was when Brandon held the mic out to the audience for us to sing during the band’s performance of “Drive” and “Wish You Were Here”. You could instantly feel there was a deep connection between him and us all. It truly was an experience close to my heart. We were all begging Brandon for an encore by the end. Not to mention I was so close that I got some unbelievable photos that I will post later.

When Linkin Park came on, they opened up with “A Place For My Head” which had us hopping around like crazy. Mike’s rapping skills kill any emcee of this day and age!!!Then came “Given Up” which is my favorite song from Minutes To Midnight so I was so happy that they played it. The crowd went absolutely nuts which led to some moshing which was all kinds of awesome!!! If you know how to handle yourself in the pit, then you will have the best of times and no problems. Although it was my first time in the pit, I knew how to take care of myself which is why I will always continue to buy pit tickts for shows. Anyways, we moshed during Victimized, “Given Up”, “Points of Authority” “Lies, Greed, Misery”, “Faint”, “Lying From You” and of course “One Step Closer”. My most memorable time is during “Faint” when Chester reached out and slapped my hand, as well as looking directly at me whilst screaming the “HEAR ME OUT NOW…” part of the song! It was such an epic connection between him and I that I will never ever forget!! On several different occasions he looked directly at me whilst singing because Im sure he enjoys seeing his fans sing every word back to him. Now for the most epic part of my story that still makes me wanna have a mental breakdown, lol!! Chester actually pointed at me and told me thank you, as well as posing for a picture for me so i literally have a picture of him pointing at me and speaking to me FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! I promise to post the pictures as well as more that I was able to take later. Aside from a crapload of moving around, I actually got a great amount of still pics. As for souvenirs, I was able to get two shirts and the poster that was made exclusively for the city. Im gonna have it framed. In closing, I just wanted to say that this experience was undoubtedly one of the top 3 moments of my life and I made the absolute right choice of getting in the pit. Of course we moshed here and there but we all had each other’s back just in case we fell down or got weak from the heat. “EPIC” is an understatement to describe my time at this concert. It makes me wanna get a job in the entertainment biz just so I could meet those guys again, LOL!

Never been in a ‘pit’ lol, but when I went to see them in Nov '10 a mini moshpit started in the crowd and I was freakin out hahaha. I LOVE Linkin Park but moshing I do not!
Anyway, I dunno if it was 'cos it was indoors but it wasn’t allowed and soon got broken up!

I WAS ALSO THERE IT WAS MY FIRST TYM SEEING THEM LIVE INSTEAD OF ON YOUTUBE I COULD NOT BELEV I WAS THERE SEEING IT WITH MY OWN EYES THEY LEFT ME WANT MORE I DIDN’T WANT IT TO END I WASN’T LUCKY ENUF TO GET REALLY CLOSE SEATS I WAS N 106 IT WAS A LIL FAR BUT I STILL HAD A BLAST BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE IT WAS REALLY FUNNY WHEN BRANDON CALLED OUT DALLAS INSTEAD OF HOUSTON POOR GUY FELT BAD LOL MY HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY WAS SEEING MY SON COME OUT ON THE JUMBO TRON WHEN THEY WER SHOWING THE COMMERCIAL (IT IS NOW MY AVITAR) I WAS LIKE OMG MY SON IS ON LP’S TOUR PAGE ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER FANS WHO TOOK BIKE AND PHOTO BOOTH PICS… I IMMEDIATELY FACEBOOKED THAT SHIT LOL SHIT AT A FUCKING LP CONCERT HIM ON THAT SCREEN WAS AWESOME FOR ME …IN ALL I HAD THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE EVERYTHING WENT PERFECT DIDN’T HAVE ANY TROUBLE GETTING PARKING GOT GREAT PICS AND VIDEO MY SON AND I HAD A BLAST WE BOTH HUGGED AND CRIED WEN THE SLOW MELODY CAME DIDN’T HAVE ANY TROUBLE GETTING OUT WE HAD THE TIME OF R LIVES…I MEAN I WISH I WAS N FRONT WEN CHESTER WAS SHAKING EVERONES HAND BUT THERE’S ALWAYS NEXT CONCERT FORSURE

My first Linkin Park concert. IT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE EVE NON THE LAWN. It was also a plus that the guy in front of me kept giving me free beer too.

OMG BEST DAY EVER TOO ! Like dude I was at the very front at the pit… AND I CAME TO THE CONCERT WITH SECTION 109 SEATS THEN BOOOOM THESE AWESOME DUDES GAVE ME AND MY FRIEND FREE PIT TICKETS ! I went insane when incubus and lp came on… awesome day I’m glad everyone had a blast cuz it was fucken amazing…

oh and it was the first ever concert I’ve been too and im only 15 :smiley:

I wish i could have been in the pit, but i did have M&G but the pic didn’t come out good since it was dark outside and no flash. I still had an Amazing time!

Yo! I was at the front of the pit during the Uncasville, CT Show! It was sick! I was bouncing up and down like crazy! Even though this was only my second LP concert and only at 15 years old, I have to say it was one of the best experiences in my life!

Alright, everyone its the moment you all have been waiting for! The most EPIC picture of my collection!

Could this picture by anymore perfect??? Chester is actually pointing and speaking to ME!!!

OMG THAT IS AN AWESOME PIC!!!

lm still in disbelief of seeing this picture. Im so grateful that I was able to attend such an epic event! I just cant believe that he was point and talking to me OMFG!!

damn thats awesome, i wanted pit tix but they were pretty pricey . i had a pretty good view from section 103. next yr im def saving up for pit tix