MTV EMA's - your opinion

I would like to know, what other LP fans think about the MTV EMA’s?

For me, they doesn’t have a big importance. How they might have, if MTV choose the nominees itself? That have to be done by the fans. And btw the award show was full of just overexcited and daft styled people.

But I love the short comment on LP’s website after winning the Best Rock award. It was just worth 2 phrases! Respect!!!

I think 90% of all artists that win MTV awards totally suck. But I do get excited when LP wins one. Great that still an amount of people have good taste in (real) music…

[quote=ANVANOPPENS]I think 90% of all artists that win MTV awards totally suck. But I do get excited when LP wins one. Great that still an amount of people have good taste in (real) music…
[/quote]

Yeah, I feel similar. For sure, there’s no accounting for taste! I just don’t like it, when the audience get “brainwashed” by any media and brougt to love every shit that they get served.

Mike comments after the VMA 2011 were not necessarely favourable towards MTV (not that I don’t agree with him 100%). So it would be kind of hypocritical to make a big deal for winning a EMA prize, wouldn’t it? [smile]

The VMA’s Got In A Drunken Brawl At My House
… by now, most of us have heard about Adam Levine’s tweet (“the VMA’s. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music. I’m drawing a line in the sand. fuck you VMA’s.”) All respect due, but c’mon dude. MTV isn’t really pretending at all. They (the flagship channel at least) haven’t been pretending to be about music for a long time, and the VMA’s have really never been about giving awards away for real musicianship, talent, and songs. They’re just the big drunk trainwreck at the party: you can’t believe what you’re watching, and love to talk about it when it’s over.

http://mikeshinoda.com/2011/08/29/the-vmas-got-in-a-drunken-brawl-at-my-house/

I think any MTV awward isn’t necessarely at all.
Just like regi said … there are so many artists and so many senseless subcategories, that it’s already nonsense to watch it. The whole thing is just to hype MTV and these 3rd class proms, that try to moderate. Even though Linkin Park won some EMA Awards and also played there live, I don’t think it means very much to them. They played a cool show and put in on a live DVD, the rest isn’t LP’s thing.
I only watched the last two EMA’s and I would never watch it if Linkin Park wasn’t nominated. The whole talking around and hyping is so cheap … I mean, look at this award … it looks like an accident [lol]

Their more relavant then the Billboard awards with its mostly overdone performances by cheesey artists and bands. I beilve the MTV EMA’s should be done by the fans (nominations wise) kinda like the Rock n’ roll hall of fame. Considering how LP has won quite a few awards at the MTV EMA’s you wont see me complain about them too much lol.

i gave up watching them because its always the same: Bieber wins, katy perry wins, bieber wins etc etc … just lame music and cheesy people.

god i miss the ones from 2001 where LP performed

Yes, the EMA’s aren’t that important, at least for a rock band. And also I don’t think Linkin Park is still focused on winnig every single award. The EMA’s changed. Ten years ago, Tom DeLonge crashed his guitar during his EMA-performance. And today, the EMA’s are actually only a pop/hip-hop-award…

The only interest I have in the EMA’s, is to vote for LP and see if they win x)

[quote=Lpfanforever09]The only interest I have in the EMA’s, is to vote for LP and see if they win x)

Just one word: FAKE! ;D
the artists just buy the awards…why beats LP in best rock 3oSTM and 30STM beats LP in best world stage?
are there people who think" well…i vote for LP in the category best rock…but i dont like them live so i wont vote for world stage!" WHAT THE…!?
and last year they all critizised LPs ATS and said blaaaaa thats not rock!..but why did they win Best Rock?..
just think about it :wink:

I guess the record industry choose the nominees. But maybe they spin the bottle…

[quote=Jens]Just one word: FAKE! ;D
the artists just buy the awards…why beats LP in best rock 3oSTM and 30STM beats LP in best world stage?
are there people who think" well…i vote for LP in the category best rock…but i dont like them live so i wont vote for world stage!" WHAT THE…!?
and last year they all critizised LPs ATS and said blaaaaa thats not rock!..but why did they win Best Rock?..
just think about it :wink:
[/quote]

Well, I think you’re right about the point that MTV just wants to make publicity and appearal everywhere, but I don’t think artists like LP buy awards. This is a very baseless rumor, nobody knows how MTV chooses the award winner, but why should any artist pay money for such a bunch of shit award ?
If they really don’t fake anything about it, the results just show how many fans there are, nothing else. Maybe it’s a little bit contradictory how some results are, but at least I trust Linkin Park and think they are proud and faithful persons.

And if you don’t care about this award and LP doesn’t neither … why would they buy it ? ^^

Meh, not worth mine or anyone time really. I honestly do not care who wins. Even if it LP winning, still a waste of their time.

[quote=Jats][quote=Lpfanforever09]The only interest I have in the EMA’s, is to vote for LP and see if they win x)

it is only an important award when lp gets one^^