Mike's New Single "fine", Available Worldwide

It’s november now :relieved:

1 Like

Yeah! :heart_eyes:
So love it!
Hits mark with me! Again!

Edit
Maybe to clarify, the lyrics hit home with me right away and where I am right now. The sound maybe not as much. But I love that it is something different. And Mike singing gets me anyway.

4 Likes
7 Likes

And? What do you say?
Btw hey @IronSoldier16 :wave:

Looks like the solo career goes on… just listened to the small part on IG - I really feel sad atm … but let’s wait and see - nobody knows the background at this point… but the marketing strategies are as we already know them … hopefully fine ite

1 Like

Mike was in my notifications 2x! :tada: First time too, always wondered how ya got his attention. :thinking: Okay, wanna keep listening but super tired. Gnite/afternoon/morning :hugs::purple_heart:

IMG_20191101_004447_219

IMG_20191101_004447_232

12 Likes

Ok, “Fine” has restored my faith in a future for Linkin Park yet again. Love the unique sound and lyrics :grinning: it wouldn’t be misplaced on an LP album at all. Great stuff as always.

2 Likes

Haha everyone would be super excited if this was an LP song! In my opinion it should be, but we’ll give Mike the credit as he obviously is keeping the LP spirit alive and kicking in his own unique way.

3 Likes

The song is for a movie soundtrack apparently

9 Likes

I was a bit disappointed with this song, it could have been a lot better in my opinion, The verses I like but when the chorus kicked in is where I was Lost and stopped liking it and Execution of the sound of the song really is a disappointment

Yea after 2 hours of listening to it, eventually falling asleep… I woke up around 5am my time and he had just put out these statements. The man never sleeps!!! Or maybe they have auto time release?

Screenshot_20191101-113416_Instagram

1 Like

First impression: the song doesn’t do much for me. Somehow it has a cinematic feel which is appropriate in this case I guess. I like most aspects of the experimental soundscape, but the ‘‘chorus’’ is a bit weak.

3 Likes

Agree with you 100% :grimacing: not to be rude to everyone else :persevere:
When the little Clíp came out a couple days ago the first thing I mentioned to the guys Was that it sounded like a tv show intro :grimacing:

Still a cool song, love it for being mike and for having something new
Just a matter of opinion

2 Likes

Good lyrics. Maybe the sound has a lack of real drums and real electric guitars (it seems to be done almost only with computer). But i like it!

2 Likes

I agree with you, I have very similar feelings on this song

1 Like

No opinion vote cause i dont know where mike olo project want to go…

1 Like

I think that may be the point. 1st he’s talking about kids, then a fight… he’s literally telling the people around him everything’s gonna be fine, no pun intended. And in order to do that, he needs to sing more relaxed/quietly. Idk.

Sounds really good imo :+1::wink:, honestly I’m not surprised that he is continuing his solo career, as much as I love LP, I’m not sure where it’s going from here, besides I’m loving the more experimental solo stuff like this :+1:

2 Likes

Hmm, I’m surprised the song isn’t going down as well because I fucking love it. It has a real ‘Living Things’ feel about it which to me is very LP. I prefer Mike’s darker lyrics and sounds. I guess he’s worked the lyrics around a movie we know nothing about, but even without it the song has a beautiful undertone of overcoming fear and hopelessness with a battle cry of “Everything is gonna be fine”. Paints such a wonderful picture. Amazing song :heart:

2 Likes

I get that, but I think the melody in particular is a bit weak. Same goes for the verses in my opinion

1 Like