Meteora: Nine Years Later

9 Years, Already? Let’s celebrate!

I remember like it was yesterday. I was 14, in 8th grade. Obviously I couldn’t get the album myself while at school so I gave my mom the money (who was working at home at the time) to go out to the store to pick up a copy for me. As soon as I got home from school that day, I immediately took it from my mom and excitedly watched the making of DVD.

Hearing for the first time, it met and exceeded my expectations and solidified me as a true Linkin Park fan. It helped me (much like Hybrid Theory) get through so much of junior high and high school, and I saw them live twice while they toured to support the album.

What’s everyone’s favorite memory of Meteora?

mhm, the first time i saw the music video of faint, thats the moment i remember most which belongs to meteora.
the video was so powerfull O.o

Meteora - what a wonderful album. I was only 20 when it came out. I remember listening to the whole album on repeat - over and over again. I guess at that time, my favourite song from the album was Numb, but these days the song that touches me most is Hit the Floor.

Someday, I hope to own Meteora’s Special Edition. I’d love to watch the Making of Meteora.

I so remember that day! I was 10 and March 25th happens to be my name’s day also so I got Meteora as a gift from my dad…listened to it and that was it. They took my heart…so today I also celebrate my 9th year as a LP fan :slight_smile: So special!

I didn’t know about Linkin Park back then, but I remember seeing Numb on the TV and being amazed by it, that was when I was a little kid though.

Meteora’s my favourite album personally, it’s just all the kinds of music I love. It also brought me and a few mates together in terms of art. I’m pretty crap at drawing and painting, but spray painting I seem to be fairly good at. :stuck_out_tongue: I remember recently I was with all my mates and we were competing over who could draw the best LP sign on the back of pizza boxes, haha.

So yeah Meteora’s a very inspirational album for me, and I hope the next album sounds a little like it :stuck_out_tongue:

I got a real LP fan last year ( I was 13 ) . I remember two friends talking in the music lesson about LP and showing us the music video of “In The End” , and I loved the song . I learned to play it on piano and so on… I bought Meteora at a gas-station in my town and I listened to it the whole day , knew all the songs by heart . This record helped me throught really bad times and Ican always relate to it .

I think I was about 20 when Meteora came out and I was already a huge fan of Hybrid Theory. Meteora meant so much to me because of songs like Numb and Somewhere I Belong. Their music has motivated me and inspired me and gotten me through very tough times in my life. I still listen to Meteora all the time.

i was 12 when the album came out, going to be 13. I got this album for my birthday and its my favourite.
It means so much to me!
Damn, 9 years old. Still loving it like day 1

Faint is still such a powerhouse of a song!

great things happened during Meteora. i won a contest and got invitation to the album launch event in Jakarta, got a free Meteora album on release date - picked it up at Warner office, the staff gave me additional promo posters and Reanimation sticker. then i won a contest again and got invitation to MTV $2 Bill screening. it was magical :smiley:

i only really been a fan for 2 years now or so
maybe longer
so unfortunately i cant share the love or stories about this certain ‘‘9 years’’ topic
but i do want to say i LOVE THE ALBUM
from the inside is so beautiful

Dang this brings me back. I was 10 years old, in 5th grade. The only thing I really knew about Linkin Park before that was In the End. I was heavily into the stereo into my room. I was just chilling one day when I heard the incredible intro to Numb play over the radio. I’ve been a Linkin Park fan ever since.

i was 18 at the time…my uncle was coming to visit from NY the same week the album was being released so i told him bring it for me…so he started to empty his suitcase handing me a bunch of gifts that he got for me and i’m just there resting the stuff on the ground saying thanks wen he finally got the cd out i just took it from him and ran to the stereo he was in total disbelief that i was more excited about the cd than the other stuff he got for me [biggrin] that night i listened to that album over and over again until i fell asleep

Think I became a fan of Linkin Park one year after this (When I was seven). And since that it’s almost all I’ve been listening to.

I remember getting it for my birthday when I turned 13 :smiley: I was sitting in my fathers apartment and I listened for it for 4 hours straight! Good times ;D

Meteora is my favourite album. Each song is a masterpiece. I asked my friend to bring me the book “From the inside: Meteora” from US (I live in Belarus) when she was there in 2005. This album was the reason why I fell in love with Linkin Park. This love lasts for 7 years already:-)

For the Meteora release, I was in Los Angeles for the final two nights of the LPU Tour. For the first show, I was working on the booth so I missed the set. But for the second, I had seats near the guests (like Sparkart staff, various guys from bands that looked familiar but couldn’t place, etc.).

However, unlike most, I didn’t go to the midnight signing at Tower Records, I just picked up a copy a few days later at a random store.

That whole week was amazing for like fifty different reasons.

[quote=Bob]For the Meteora release, I was in Los Angeles for the final two nights of the LPU Tour. For the first show, I was working on the booth so I missed the set. But for the second, I had seats near the guests (like Sparkart staff, various guys from bands that looked familiar but couldn’t place, etc.).

However, unlike most, I didn’t go to the midnight signing at Tower Records, I just picked up a copy a few days later at a random store.

That whole week was amazing for like fifty different reasons.[/quote]

seriously, thats so cool to hear! Why didn’t you go to the midnight signing?

I didn’t fully discover Meteora until 2006, though I knew of it since 2004. My favorite memory of Meteora would have to be the first time I watched the video for Breaking The Habit (and the period of several weeks where a local rock station played BTH at least three times an hour).

When meteora comes Out i was just 8 years old
I hear Linkin Park since i was 6 because my uncle is also a big Fan and he show me Hybrid theory before
At the Day i got meteora i Listen to that till today because it is a fantastic album and it helps me a lot
Unbelivievable that it is 9 years old;)