Message Board Issues That Have To Be Fixed

1. Quotations for more than one post should be added (and by that I mean a “+” sign or something next to a post. That way you can select multiple, hit reply and there should be some quotations ready to reply to, yes it can be done) + no signatures in quotations.
  2. Signatures should be made as a “standalone” post part and not as a post itself + there should be a maximum height added so threads won’t be so loooooooooooooooooong :stuck_out_tongue: (Woco’s signature in example :P)
  3. There should be a reply button at the bottom of a thread not just the one at the top post. This would make our life much better :stuck_out_tongue:
  4. Forum Activity at the front page doesn’t work as it should:
    -it shows old threads or old replies, and it should show the most recent right?
    -when you click on that recent thread it should take you to the recent post not the 1st post of the thread.
  5. After editing a post it should take you to that post, not the first thread page.
  6. You haven’t noticed that there is a #3 missing in my post :stuck_out_tongue:
  7. " sometimes appear as Ã��ï¿Â. Same with ’ & and similliar symbols. Something wrong with forum coding. Nope, it’s just here and not my firefox issue.
  8. By the way it would be nice if You could add/allow line breaks in “About:” at user’s profile. At the moment everything you type and save is without them and it doesn’t look so good here and there.

These are mostly my thoughts and few fellow LPUers (signatures one). If anyone could contact Ground(ctrl) about that it would be awesome (if they could fix those issues:P)

1 Like

I agree with ya, I’ve only been a member for almost a month. And I’ve noticed sum of those same issues, something needs to be done…

Very good collection! I agree

[quote=michalangelo]1. Quotations for more than one post should be added (and by that I mean a “+” sign or something next to a post. That way you can select multiple, hit reply and there should be some quotations ready to reply to, yes it can be done) + no signatures in quotations.
2. Signatures should be made as a “standalone” post part and not as a post itself + there should be a maximum height added so threads won’t be so loooooooooooooooooong :stuck_out_tongue: (Woco’s signature in example :P)
4. There should be a reply button at the bottom of a thread not just the one at the top post. This would make our life much better :stuck_out_tongue:
5. Forum Activity at the front page doesn’t work as it should:
-it shows old threads or old replies, and it should show the most recent right?
-when you click on that recent thread it should take you to the recent post not the 1st post of the thread.
6. After editing a post it should take you to that post, not the first thread page.
7. You haven’t noticed that there is a #3 missing in my post :stuck_out_tongue:
8. " sometimes appear as Ã��ï¿Â. Same with ’ & and similliar symbols. Something wrong with forum coding. Nope, it’s just here and not my firefox issue.
9. By the way it would be nice if You could add/allow line breaks in “About:” at user’s profile. At the moment everything you type and save is without them and it doesn’t look so good here and there.

These are mostly my thoughts and few fellow LPUers (signatures one). If anyone could contact Ground(ctrl) about that it would be awesome (if they could fix those issues:P)[/quote]

I do have to agree with a lot of these… however, sadly it is all up to ground(ctrl)

1- That would be kick***… I’m not sure if ground(ctrl) has this code built in… I know SparkArt (the old old LPUMB host) did have this option.
2 - We will look into reactivating the sig height limitation. The old standard (just as FYI) was the sig could not be more than 250px high and could not stretch the forum due to obsessive length.
4 - I totally agree… I hope g(c) can get this rolled out soon… all the other mb’s have it :stuck_out_tongue:
5- To get to the most recent post, you have to click on the “re:thread” link where it shows the most recent reply. clicking the original title will direct you to the first post. As for showing most recent first, I believe so…
6- It typically does take you to your post (i think) The one thing I hate are the constant CAPTCHAs… once is enough g(c)… yes even we mods have to deal with that “prove your human” ****
7- lol
8- I have not seen that… the only thing I can think of is that some people are using the wrong keyboard thus typing in their native (non-English) language and the system does not know how to translate it.
9 - That would be nice, but sadly this is not Facebook :stuck_out_tongue:

You probably got me wrong. I ment Forum Activity at the front page http://lpunderground.com/, next to the video. IT almost works however it should take you to the most recent post of the thread, not the first page of the thread. I know that once you enter the forum you can click “Re:” and it takes you there but this is not the issue I a mtalking about:P

Errr…what are You talking about? There should be captchas while editing a post? Haha, nope, haven’t seen one since my registration :smiley: And maybe because of that it doesn’t take me to the edited post…

I don’t need another facebook, just a line break. In my case I would like to list LP shows I’ve been to. ATM it looks crappy…
Looking forward to any news from ctrl about those issues.

You probably got me wrong. I ment Forum Activity at the front page http://lpunderground.com/, next to the video. IT almost works however it should take you to the most recent post of the thread, not the first page of the thread. I know that once you enter the forum you can click “Re:” and it takes you there but this is not the issue I a mtalking about:P

Errr…what are You talking about? There should be captchas while editing a post? Haha, nope, haven’t seen one since my registration :smiley: And maybe because of that it doesn’t take me to the edited post…

I don’t need another facebook, just a line break. In my case I would like to list LP shows I’ve been to. ATM it looks crappy…
Looking forward to any news from ctrl about those issues.[/quote]

OK, I’ll have to play with it later to figure out what’s wrong :slight_smile:

As for the CAPTCHAs… I don’t know if you guys can edit posts as regular members, but we mods have to do the CAPTCHA every time we edit someone’s post… even our own posts.

[/quote]

I just took a closer look… the thing you’re talking about does show the most recent threads with activity, however, all the details on it (links, person who made the post, date/time of post) are all about the creation of that thread, which is why it takes you to the first post and not the new reply.

EDIT: I take that back. I think those are “featured” threads, but still same concept… it shows the thread and creator, not the most recent reply

EDIT 2: I take that back again and go with my first post. It does show most recent threads, but only shows the info for the initial post, not the reply itself. Also, it may take awhile for the system to update, which is why I made my first edit [razz]

I visit some other websites and always “Forum Activity” info has the most recent posts up there (it shows the thread title and as soon as You click on it it takes You to the newest post) It should work like that, not like the current LPU one. I think it’s not that hard for “ground” to change it huh? If I would want to get the initial post I would do it through Forum-Thread, and Forum Activity should take me to most recent post of a thread. That’s all :stuck_out_tongue: I think other people would want that too because most of the time it’s irritating :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=michalangelo]I visit some other websites and always “Forum Activity” info has the most recent posts up there (it shows the thread title and as soon as You click on it it takes You to the newest post) It should work like that, not like the current LPU one. I think it’s not that hard for “ground” to change it huh? If I would want to get the initial post I would do it through Forum-Thread, and Forum Activity should take me to most recent post of a thread. That’s all :stuck_out_tongue: I think other people would want that too because most of the time it’s irritating :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

I hear ya and agree :slight_smile:

Just digging out the thread. As far as I know nothing changed. What’s Your statement on this dear mods? Anyone interested? Nobody replied from Ground(ctrl). What is the purpose of having few people here then? Just to watch?

I’m confused now :S