Meet & Greet at Pinkpop

Hey everybody, I just became a new member and I wanted to share the awesome first experience I got from being a part of this community.

As some of you may know LP played at Pinkpop, the Netherlands yesterday. My friend Martijn and me only went there to see LP. Suddenly a group of LP Underground members approached us and told us about all the advantages if we signed up. The greatest thing of that was ofcourse the meet & greet we were promised. We were so lucky to be at the right place in the right time because there were only 2 spots left… And we got 'em! First we thought it was a scam, some of our other friends didn’t trust it, but we decided to take the shot, because if it were true it’d be one of the best experiences of our life. We soon realised it wasn’t a scam when we got placed in a line at 7.15 PM and there were suddenly a lot more security people then there used to. We started freaking out a little from the nerves ofcourse. Still couldn’t believe it was really gonna happen. It was great to stand there with other excited LP fans.

When we finally got to the room backstage where it would happen, I got myself a nice place right in front, and then they came in and you clearly noticed a short moment of everyone gasping for breath before applauding. I got the Underground CD signed I bought shortly before, gave all the members a hand ( except for Brad who did this ehm… let’s call it a Buddhist kind of greeting? ) and we got a group picture. I wanted to ask Chester and Mike some questions and tell them how much I respected them and how inspirational I think Mike’s rapping in Hands Held High is, but I was way too nervous for that. And then they left again to prepare for the show. I thought there was no way that we’d get a good place up front for the show now because it was quite late already, but fortunately we did and we enjoyed a terrific show! Really want to see them again one day. Hoping this community will help me with that. Anyway it was a pretty fckn awesome day :smiley:

I feel a bi ashamed, but I don’t seem to recogize you from your profile picture! But I was there at the meet and greet as well :D:D:D:D!!
I really had an amazing time! And the band members were great. Unfortunately I am not on the group pic. I got shoveled to the back with only tall people in front of me :P. But my hand should be raised on the second pic. :stuck_out_tongue: Haha.
But really I loved them all.
And Brad has a bit of a … ehhh ‘smet vrees’! So he doesn’t shake hands :slight_smile:
You were really lucky! I am glad you got picked!

I am a fairly new member as well. So it’s always nice to meet others as well! And are you from The Netherlands or Belgium?

I was at the M&G as well :smiley:

hey, I have been there too :slight_smile: do you guys have pictures or videos? I’ve got some too, so we could help us out

Cool! Nice to find people who have been there as well! :slight_smile: Sadly, I haven’t :frowning:

Cool! Nice to find people who have been there as well! :slight_smile: Sadly, I haven’t :([/quote]

achsoo, schade :slight_smile:

Hey girls, my friend made some good photo’s of the meet and greet. If I have them I’ll share them with you. I do have made some pics of the meet and greet and the concert. But they aren’t of high quality. But I’ll try to post them soonish here :).

I’ve made a couple of pictures when we had to stay in line at 7:15 and i think some others. But gotta look when i have time to upload it. Also i dont know how to upload it here xD

[quote=michazyee] Also i dont know how to upload it here xD
[/quote]
you can upload photos from your computer to the internet by going to websites like tinypic.com or imgur.com
just paste the direct link on the forums between the img tags and thats it
or just click that little image on the above bar when you are typing a message, the one next to the U and insert the direct link

as for the meet and greet
im fairly dissapointed… it was too short, we had to be in a hurry too much from the american security and mike/chester werent even that much focused

i dont care if they were in a bad mood or not, i dont care if they ‘‘had’’ to hurry or whatever the reason may have been for them to be a little unfocused

i personally think its disrespectful towards us and we LPU fans to not even look at some of the members in the eyes really and just only sign the item and thats it

i understand such a great big band like them who are wanted at a lot of places cant have a lot of time for every meet and greet
i also understand they make mistakes and i know they are human
but really
its not that difficult to just try to be a little bit more focused on the fans
so that you show off at least a bit more respectful attitude…

dont get me wrong people
i still love them as much as i did before
chester and mike are totally awesome
im just posting my opinion here about the MG and saying how i experient this MG

but anyway
im not saying i think their bad people, i just expected a more pleasant attitude

im very thankful though, joe has been complimenting me on my poster that i made myself in photoshop
dave was also very nice, brad didnt wanted to shake my hand so he bow for me which was cute! and rob was cool too

[b]OH BTW
next time … i rather also get a meet and greet with adam!
that guy was and is FREAKING AWESOME!
he been hanging with us LPU members there for quite a long time and it was fun!
got to chat with him a little a bit and he was really nice!
Even gave him my sunblock since it was very sunny and hot weather
lol @ adam making a joke as the sunfactor was only 4 xD

oh and if you perhaps read this adam
you are quite cute as well and im not ashamed to type this out on the internet where every lpu member can read it :stuck_out_tongue:
its the truth
haha (:[/b]

i was also at the awesome!! meet and greet and i made some pictures from the meet and greet and the show. i’ll upload them when i get back from Rock am Ring.

could you tell me how long before the LP show was M&G?

I agree with SD…

i actually was kinda disappointed too. Maybe high expectations. When i’ve let them sign my shirt Joe was drawing something on it, and i could feel all the eyes of the other people were on me. Because everything has to be quick and it felt like GTFO you are already standing there for 30 seconds. And i guess Rob lost his patience because he signed while Joe was still busy drawing.I also asked Chester if i could give him a hug and he said he ‘‘We can’t do that.’’ They were really strict about it, perhaps something with their safety or that if one person gets a hug everyone wants one too.

But i was kinda crushed about that and only thought about is standing back at the line again. Only Dave really talked to be and ask what i thought about Pinkpop. I was kinda tensed and said the festival sucked, after that i knew i shouldnt have said that. Because he was the only polite one.I think it was just a long day, haven’t slept that well, 3 hours driving, stressing out, the fucking sun and the waiting for the M&G and something more…

Let’s just say that it wasnt the best experience i met them, and hope for the next time i will meet them it will be a better experience.

[quote=michazyee]I agree with SD…

i actually was kinda disappointed too. Maybe high expectations. When i’ve let them sign my shirt Joe was drawing something on it, and i could feel all the eyes of the other people were on me. Because everything has to be quick and it felt like GTFO you are already standing there for 30 seconds. And i guess Rob lost his patience because he signed while Joe was still busy drawing.I also asked Chester if i could give him a hug and he said he ‘‘We can’t do that.’’ They were really strict about it, perhaps something with their safety or that if one person gets a hug everyone wants one too.

But i was kinda crushed about that and only thought about is standing back at the line again. Only Dave really talked to be and ask what i thought about Pinkpop. I was kinda tensed and said the festival sucked, after that i knew i shouldnt have said that. Because he was the only polite one.I think it was just a long day, haven’t slept that well, 3 hours driving, stressing out, the fucking sun and the waiting for the M&G and something more…

Let’s just say that it wasnt the best experience i met them, and hope for the next time i will meet them it will be a better experience.
[/quote]
im glad you got my point
and then not to forget about the fact the tent we were in was freaking small for all us people
we were so close standing next to each other it was even more freaking hot in there than it was outside
that also really botherd me lol

the thing that i loved though is with the group photo i got the chance to stand near one of the guys
i couldnt be botherd to touch and put my hand on his shoulder or back or so lol
most people do that when they get the chance, oh well

i do have also liked if we could of hugged them… but yeah like you said, if one can get a hug
the other people want a hug too…

although, i did see some favoritism in the MG
which is great for that particular person but all the others definitely feel left outside

[quote=Hanna]could you tell me how long before the LP show was M&G?

I must say I was a bit disappointed as well…
Especially because we had to rush through it after waiting an hour before we could even get backstage.
oh well… guess thats just how it works

btw. can you guys load the M&G picture ? I cant get it to work :frowning:

Im happy you liked it. And welcome here on the site.

I was, along with 2 other LPU´ers, chosen to be ´The Roadie of the day´. That ment you had to help Adam promoting the LPU.

Our goal was to bring people like you closer to the band and I think we succeed :wink:

I totally agree with SD, it was cool but we had to wait too long! The worst part was that I was not able to get in the front line of the audience! Afterwards I wished I skipped the M&G for a place in the front row. Like SD said they seemed a little unsocial, ungrateful or something.

Don’t get me wrong too, they are also people but when you join LPU you expect a lot!

I’ve always wanted to meet Linkin Park. Maybe I will someday but for now I’ll just have to stick to listening the fifty-billion songs I have of theirs XD

i’m sorry for some of you being disapointed after the m&g.
i’ve met them quite a few times and it’s always diffrent but always awesome :smiley:
i guess they were just having a bad day or are still in jetlag. i mean joe’s always kinda weird… :smiley: sometimes you just have to ask the right questions to keep them talking.

when you’re nervous you just might lose your question or talking nonsense :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This was my first time meeting them, and I have to say it was one of the best experiences in my life. I was afraid they didn’t seem as nice as I know them from videos, etc, but they were incredibly nice! Especially Joe, which I didn’t expect. :stuck_out_tongue:
Sure, we had to wait for a long time and move pretty fast because it was such a big group. But it was a big group for a reason, I had the feeling they let everybody in who signed up for the meet and greet, so they really tried to get everybody in. Plus, there was another meet and greet going on I think before us, with people who won it with a 3fm contest.
It’s great you got a spot in the m&g on the day itself! Hope you had fun, I sure did omg.
Oh and I love that you think the rapping in HHH is inspirational, it’s one of the best songs ever written, lyrically…

[quote=Lissy] Especially Joe, which I didn’t expect. :stuck_out_tongue:
.[/quote]
MY WORDS EXACTLY
i didnt expected it at all from him to compliment me on my poster
dang , do i love that ninja
LOVE YOU JOE (:

[quote=EzraBruce]I totally agree with SD, it was cool but we had to wait too long! The worst part was that I was not able to get in the front line of the audience! Afterwards I wished I skipped the M&G for a place in the front row. Like SD said they seemed a little unsocial, ungrateful or something.

Don’t get me wrong too, they are also people but when you join LPU you expect a lot![/quote]
i thought the same dude, i rather had a front spot then lol
at least that way you can really enjoy the show

and yes indeed, i also thuoght its obvious when you join this website you will and can expect more than that
oh well, not to sound ungrateful though, its better than nothing…

[quote=Kiirzten]I must say I was a bit disappointed as well…
Especially because we had to rush through it after waiting an hour before we could even get backstage.
oh well… guess thats just how it works

btw. can you guys load the M&G picture ? I cant get it to work :([/quote]
you can upload photos through websites like tinypic.com / imgur.com

and for some reason im glad im not the only one who got dissapointed
i thought back then on the festival field i was the only one dissapointed lol