Meet And Greet In Philadelphia, PA

Here’s my story :).

1 Like

Derek your knowledge for LP songs especially the old ones are amazing!
Just read your post about the lpu11 HT era songs in the LPA thread!

1 Like

[quote=LinkinParkForever275]Derek your knowledge for LP songs especially the old ones are amazing!

1 Like

[quote=LPAssociationDerek][quote=LinkinParkForever275]Derek your knowledge for LP songs especially the old ones are amazing!

1 Like

Agreed, and that’s why I like the older demos more than ATS demos. Sure the ATS demos are nice, but the magic of the older songs (the pre HT demos) lie in the fact that you hear the band in their infancy trying hard to make a sound that will get them noticed, unaware that their success is only years away. There is such a radical change in sound between the older demos (1997-1999) that it proves they really went through a lot of style changes over the years. If you listen to the songs that have come out from that era (“Slip”, “Blue” and “Dedicated” for example), they sound way different than what we got on Hybrid Theory, but you can still see tiny hints of what was to come. It’s exciting.

As for a Mike interview. Eh, we’ve tried. Unfortunately it’s not as cut and dry or easy at it seems. We got Phoenix because we pestered management for 4 years, and Joe by pure luck of knowing his best friend. Chester was a joint interview with another fansite, that was brought to us from Adam because Chester wanted to speak to the fansites. But with Mike, he’s always very busy and even with bugging Adam to the point of annoyance, there’s only so much that can be done lol. Maybe someday we can, it’d certainly be nice and Mike did tell us at the LPU M&G I linked above that he wants to set something up. It’s just all a matter of “when”.

1 Like

[quote=LPAssociationDerek]Agreed, and that’s why I like the older demos more than ATS demos. Sure the ATS demos are nice, but the magic of the older songs (the pre HT demos) lie in the fact that you hear the band in their infancy trying hard to make a sound that will get them noticed, unaware that their success is only years away. There is such a radical change in sound between the older demos (1997-1999) that it proves they really went through a lot of style changes over the years. If you listen to the songs that have come out from that era (“Slip”, “Blue” and “Dedicated” for example), they sound way different than what we got on Hybrid Theory, but you can still see tiny hints of what was to come. It’s exciting.

As for a Mike interview. Eh, we’ve tried. Unfortunately it’s not as cut and dry or easy at it seems. We got Phoenix because we pestered management for 4 years, and Joe by pure luck of knowing his best friend. Chester was a joint interview with another fansite, that was brought to us from Adam because Chester wanted to speak to the fansites. But with Mike, he’s always very busy and even with bugging Adam to the point of annoyance, there’s only so much that can be done lol. Maybe someday we can, it’d certainly be nice and Mike did tell us at the LPU M&G I linked above that he wants to set something up. It’s just all a matter of “when”.

1 Like

One can only wish. Would be nice for sure.

1 Like

[quote=LPAssociationDerek][quote=LinkinParkForever275]
But i totally understand that is hard to catch mike for an interview EVEN when he mentioned LPA a lot and really likes the page! Hopefully you got the chance soon! I mean it “just” have to be a phone call … doesn’t have to be a personal meeting … or better than phoning … maybe skype?
Even if he is busy … i guess there would be like 30min or a bit more to talk :wink:
[/quote]

Yeah:) i’ll ask him for you

One can only wish. Would be nice for sure.

1 Like

I was at Meet & Greet in Leipzig 2011 :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=Linus]I was at Meet & Greet in Leipzig 2011 :slight_smile:

dope! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=LinkinParkForever275]

dope! :)[/quote]

Thanks :smiley: Well I forgot to mention, I was at Meet & Greet in Berlin 2010, too. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, and I’m sorry. I only read “Meet & Greet in…”, so I thought, this’d be a thread for sharing M&G experiences. That’s why I posted my Meet & Greet here… But I just read that the thread is titled “M&G in PHILADELPHIA” xD

1 Like

No worries :smiley:

1 Like

[quote=LPADerek][quote=LinkinParkForever275]Derek your knowledge for LP songs especially the old ones are amazing!
[/quote]

Ive read Derek’s whole story SEVERAL times, Ive always found it very intersting :). Been a fan of the LPA and the work done there for many years and I agree on the demo’s which whenever you seem to know all of the knownones, the guys always come out with new demos haha.

1 Like

[quote=Ryan Voight][quote=LPADerek][quote=LinkinParkForever275]Derek your knowledge for LP songs especially the old ones are amazing!

1 Like