M&G in Skive - Who's with me?!

[quote=Moerianne][quote=Steve][quote=Moerianne][quote=Maria][quote=Moerianne][quote=Maria][quote=Moerianne]
Took a flight to Oslo, boat from Oslo to Fredrikshavn and then drove to Skive! :> A long trip, but totally worth the time!
I’m by the way extremely nervous myself. Not fond of speaking english either, but you got to do what you got to do, lol.[/quote]

Wow! Long trip! It takes about 16 hours getting from Copenhagen to Oslo with the boat, so I’m guessing it took, like, 12 hours by boat to Frederikshavn? So you are there now already? I’m arriving at 12pm tomorrow.

If you want to hang out with the rest of us before the M&G, feel free to speak Norwegian. If you’re speaking the Norwegian that we Danes somewhat understand, it won’t be a problem. :slight_smile: A long time ago, I was on a language trip to Bournemouth, England, and lived with two girls from Norway on my second week there. I thought communicating on our native languages wouldn’t be a problem, but it turned out that we couldn’t understand a word we said to each other. :wink:

But I know exactly how you feel about speaking English, you want to sound perfect and without any accent, especially when talking to people who speaks English fluently, but don’t worry about it! :)[/quote]

The boat trip took about 12 hours, yeah :> Been here since Sunday.

Yeah I honestly doubt you’ll understand the type of norwegian i speak, and there’s no way I’m able to understand danish, hahaha. So english it is, lol![/quote]

Norwegian is easy to read though, bokmål norsk is almost like you would pronounce it in Danish. :slight_smile:

But fair enough, we will leave our mad scandinavian languages at home and settle with English. ;)[/quote]

Easy to read, yeah, but to understand… Nope xD Anyways I’m really looking forward to meeting you people! Going to have a great time!

Was going to wear my LPU 11 shirt aswell, but by dad kindly shrunk it in the washing machine… :frowning: But yeah! I think we should meet up an hour or so before the meet and greet! Say where, and I’ll be there :D[/quote]
We don’t know where, until we get a mail on the day, where to meet :-)[/quote]

Right. Let’s agree on meeting where the meet and greet is an hour before, then? So that we can get to know each other? Or half an hour… whatever :P[/quote]
We’re already talking about meeting an hour before. So let’s keep it that way :wink:

[quote=Steve][quote=Moerianne][quote=Steve][quote=Moerianne][quote=Maria][quote=Moerianne][quote=Maria][quote=Moerianne]
Took a flight to Oslo, boat from Oslo to Fredrikshavn and then drove to Skive! :> A long trip, but totally worth the time!
I’m by the way extremely nervous myself. Not fond of speaking english either, but you got to do what you got to do, lol.[/quote]

Wow! Long trip! It takes about 16 hours getting from Copenhagen to Oslo with the boat, so I’m guessing it took, like, 12 hours by boat to Frederikshavn? So you are there now already? I’m arriving at 12pm tomorrow.

If you want to hang out with the rest of us before the M&G, feel free to speak Norwegian. If you’re speaking the Norwegian that we Danes somewhat understand, it won’t be a problem. :slight_smile: A long time ago, I was on a language trip to Bournemouth, England, and lived with two girls from Norway on my second week there. I thought communicating on our native languages wouldn’t be a problem, but it turned out that we couldn’t understand a word we said to each other. :wink:

But I know exactly how you feel about speaking English, you want to sound perfect and without any accent, especially when talking to people who speaks English fluently, but don’t worry about it! :)[/quote]

The boat trip took about 12 hours, yeah :> Been here since Sunday.

Yeah I honestly doubt you’ll understand the type of norwegian i speak, and there’s no way I’m able to understand danish, hahaha. So english it is, lol![/quote]

Norwegian is easy to read though, bokmål norsk is almost like you would pronounce it in Danish. :slight_smile:

But fair enough, we will leave our mad scandinavian languages at home and settle with English. ;)[/quote]

Easy to read, yeah, but to understand… Nope xD Anyways I’m really looking forward to meeting you people! Going to have a great time!

Was going to wear my LPU 11 shirt aswell, but by dad kindly shrunk it in the washing machine… :frowning: But yeah! I think we should meet up an hour or so before the meet and greet! Say where, and I’ll be there :D[/quote]
We don’t know where, until we get a mail on the day, where to meet :-)[/quote]

Right. Let’s agree on meeting where the meet and greet is an hour before, then? So that we can get to know each other? Or half an hour… whatever :P[/quote]
We’re already talking about meeting an hour before. So let’s keep it that way ;)[/quote]

Yeah I know, but saw someone talking about 30 minutes earlier? Dunooo… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m so sad that I won’t be going to M&G! But it will be my second time seeing them, and I think it’s gonna be really great!!! I’m ready to rock the hell out of Jylland! It’s so nice that LP is coming so close to where I live instead of fx. Copenhagen :slight_smile: If they had been playing at Roskilde Festival, I wouldn’t have been able to go, so I’m really happy!!! Hope I’ll see some other LPU members up there tomorrow!

I hope we’ll see you too tomorrow :smiley:

Sorry to hear you won’t be going to the M&G. :frowning: Maybe next time!

I wouldn’t have minded LP playing at Roskilde instead. Then it would have taken me 30 minutes to get there, instead of four hours tomorrow. :wink:

Well at least, now that you will “only” get to see the concert, make sure you get up front, so you might get to touch Mike or Chester, if they jump down to the crowd while they sing. :smiley:

Maybe we can stick together. 'Cause I am not going to the M&G so far either. But I had been to a M&G before. So I survive it :wink: